Lexus IS-F

c_rad

RMS Regular
About time I started a thread on this given I've owned it from March 😂

After selling the GTE Astra and wanting something else to enjoy again at the weekend, I decided that next motor had to be a V8. Quite a few options where considered by ultimately fell in love with a Lexus IS-F. Quite rare given the low numbers here and the massive positive was reliability. These are pretty much bulletproof. Mine is a high mileage example but with a very good service history and with piles of pictures and communication from the seller in Scotland, a deal was done and I arranged to get on the boat and collect in Cairnryan.

Worst possible day to collect the car, I was written off in the daily Fiesta the morning I was due to collect the Lexus. Rear ended at 50mph while stationary at a junction and sent into a jeep turning across said junction. Very messy but the Fiesta did its job and meant I walked away, albeit very shaken and sore.
Weather on arrival was a nightmare, heavy winds and raining sideways. First time I laid eyes on the car was in the dark and lashing rain. Made it straight round to the boat and the return journey began. Rough sailing and shock most likely setting in from the crash earlier that day made for an awful journey home. But arrived back safely.

The drive home from the boat was a very cautious one with rain still coming down heavy and being quite sore I didn't fancy my chances trying to wrestle 420bhp to the rear wheels in the wet just yet.

Have some bits I will tidy up on it. But it's in good condition for it's age and miles.

First mod was backbox delete as they are very quiet stock. Also a massive weight saving with this too 😂. Standard boxes are daft heavy. Then was some nicer tips to freshen up the rear end, decided on a black chrome colour as this would tie in well with the wheel colour. Massively improved things in the V8 noise department also!

Then new tyres in the form of Continentals all round meaning driving in the wet and traction was much improved. Soon after a wheel refurb by East Coast Coatings who I couldn't recommend enough. Top quality and fast turnaround.

This was soon followed up with a proper induction kit, for a big 5.0 V8 these came very restricted breathing wise so with some bolt on mods and a proper exhaust system along with an ECU reprogram from RR Racing there are quite significant gains to be had. Most Americans running the same setup see around 480-490bhp. With proper fuel available here I've been told around 500bhp isn't out of the realms of possibility. It's certainly a lot quicker in stock form as some members can possibly vouch for 👀...

Back in July I ordered some copied carbon bits. Some might turn their nose up at this but when a genuine Tom's rear diffuser comes in at 2.5k before shipping I opted for copies rather than the real thing. Sadly this took 4 months to arrive thanks to FedEx losing the shipment and on arrival some bits where found to be missing... A pain in the neck.
Anyway, I plan to have these fitted while getting some paintwork done and the front numberplate holder smoothed off to leave a much cleaner front end.

Apologies for the long winded post, I think it's it mostly up to date. I'll fire a few pics in below of the car at it's various stages throughout my ownership.

On the boat ready for home

IMG_20210309_193719.jpg

First time seeing it in the flesh in daylight 🤣
IMG_20210402_194648_867.jpg

A few other pics once I'd my registration on and wheels and tips etc sorted.

IMG_20210712_174756_662.jpg

IMG_20210719_225823_121.jpg

Screenshot_20211102_181545.jpg

richie_mck

RMS Regular
I spotted you just before the Doagh roundabout a few weeks back, it looked fantastic, there’s a real presence to it

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Class, good to see a thread up. Proper rare, think i've only ever seen one on the road before!

Certainly goes well from the videos i've seen! :laughing:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I love these. They are one of the best sounding V8s out there.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Brilliant cars. Lexus are a different league of engineering/reliability compared to the competition.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Lovely car, you were parked beside me at B&Q a few weeks ago and I was admiring it when I got back to my car!

c_rad

RMS Regular
OP
c_rad
Lovely car, you were parked beside me at B&Q a few weeks ago and I was admiring it when I got back to my car!

Where you in the Caterham? I vaguely remember seeing one around then and commenting the her about how much fun they would be if I could fit in one 🤣
Brilliant cars. Lexus are a different league of engineering/reliability compared to the competition.
There's guys in America running well over 300k in these and tracking the hell out of them with zero issues!

Mac1987

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Wow very nice I like that somthing different! Great colour choice to.

I bet that V8 sound track is something else 😎 👍

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
I’ve spotted this in and around Newtownabbey a good few times now, sounds glorious! Excellent choice, just lovely!

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
I absolutely love these, they sound glorious with that delete and you know it's just never going to let you down. HTD.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Think I've only ever seen 3 of these on the road and always wondered why as they're a nice alternative to the //M & AMG based BMW/Mercedes V8s of the time. Strangely, was looking through Autotrader other day and the IS-F popped into my head for the first time in yonks. That looks a really nice example, health to enjoy.