IMG_20211101_184556.jpg
IMG_20211101_185418.jpg
IMG_20211101_184822.jpg

IMG_20211101_184006.jpg

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
Nice one - looks like a great shade of red there too I bet that will shine well.

Noise uploads welcome !

c_rad

RMS Regular
OP
c_rad
Haven't updated this in a long time. Between her car being off the road more than on it, the ISF has seen daily duties more and with sort of losing the want to deal with cars, I've finally gotten back in to doing stuff again.

Issues with the supply of some of the carbon bits ordered means I'm missing some stuff which has proved a headache and ultimately waste of my time and money...

Aside from that, it's going in for a service with AMG in Ballyclare and recently had a full gearbox service in Turkington Pitstop. I wanted it done for peace of mind more than anything. The difference is fantastic, I thought it was grand before but the upshifts and downshifts feel much, much quicker and overall much smoother in general. Highly recommended!

A full years MOT earned over the weekend and finding the love again for cars meant I was out Sunday, trial fitting and seeing what way the carbon bits lined up.

Hopefully start getting them on in a next few weeks, and now the garage is cleared out a bit I'll be able to machine polish it inside without much hassle all being well.

Have spacers due to arrive soon to help the wheels sit a bit better too. Front grill will be going gloss black to remove the chrome.
A set of facelift front lights are in a basket just waiting for them to come back in to stock also, will really freshen up the front end.

A few pics to update and show the bits held on roughly.

20220403_114401.jpg

20220403_113134.jpg

Phil_D

RMS Regular
I missed this thread...Absolutely love these HTD, carbon bits look great..

Any vids of her at full chat ?

c_rad

RMS Regular
OP
c_rad
I missed this thread...Absolutely love these HTD, carbon bits look great..

Any vids of her at full chat ?
Have a couple of videos but would need to fire them on Youtube at some point. Some members who have heard can confirm the noise :joy:

c_rad

RMS Regular
OP
c_rad
Small update.

Have wanted to paint the front grill and do away with the chrome for a while now. Finally starting to get a bit of time to do this stuff. Hopefully front splitter on this week too.

Freshened up the front end a good bit.

20220417_135337.jpg

20220417_135353.jpg

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
These have to be one of the best sounding V8’s on the road, properly deep note off them.

c_rad

RMS Regular
OP
c_rad
Splitter fitted and painted as best as I could. Quality of the bits sent just isn't good enough but I've fitted it out of sheer stubbornness more than anything. No amount of filling and sanding seemed to help. Probably clip it on something and means I can justify some different bits and painting.
Looks ok from a distance, I guess.

Will try to take some better pictures as it does look much more aggressive.

20220421_170927.jpg

c_rad

RMS Regular
OP
c_rad
Another update. Gave the car a really good clean and a mop over. Really brought some gloss back into the paint. Some new 'F' badges and black Lexus badging for the rear has freshened it up.

Car is away to Alan at AMG next week for a full service, so will be ready to go for the upcoming drag day.

20220422_174346.jpg

received_513810513736671.jpeg

c_rad

RMS Regular
OP
c_rad
Quick update on this.

Sold this morning and is making it's way back across the pond. New owner is a Jap man so it's gone to a great home and will be well looked after. Quite sad to see it go, but maybe next year will see me back in one again, I loved it that much.

Few pictures from a photoshoot with the epically talented @Reno_LV as a reminder for one of the best cars I've owned in terms of fun, noise, speed and rarity.

Health to enjoy for the new owner, it served me very well.

received_571552541263159.jpeg

received_1079385719314050.jpeg

received_355784429802461.jpeg

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Quick update on this.

Sold this morning and is making it's way back across the pond. New owner is a Jap man so it's gone to a great home and will be well looked after. Quite sad to see it go, but maybe next year will see me back in one again, I loved it that much.

Few pictures from a photoshoot with the epically talented @Reno_LV as a reminder for one of the best cars I've owned in terms of fun, noise, speed and rarity.

Health to enjoy for the new owner, it served me very well.

View attachment 380735
View attachment 380732
View attachment 380731

Damn, really wanted to hear this thing monstering up the road again, sounded like it was ripping the air apart.

Sure you got your reasons though Conrad. What you replacing it with? You got rid of your XJ too not long ago, didn't you?

c_rad

RMS Regular
OP
c_rad
Damn, really wanted to hear this thing monstering up the road again, sounded like it was ripping the air apart.

Sure you got your reasons though Conrad. What you replacing it with? You got rid of your XJ too not long ago, didn't you?

Nothing planned. Bit of a financial tidy up and some stuff sorted for next year. Maybe back in something daft this time next year or the year after depending how things go.