Lexus IS200 experiences?

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Upon further reflection, although I didn't gel with mine, I can't suggest anything else around a grand that's rwd/ has a diff that wouldn't be a total parcel. 350z is a good suggestion but would be double plus the money. If you like gambling, then there's always the RX8!

ItsAdamC

RMS Regular
OP
ItsAdamC
Drives
Baguettes
They’re great for what people buy them for to be honest. A cheap every day car that can carry 5 people comfortably, never let you down and something you can go sideways in at the weekends.

They aren’t fast, they are sore enough on petrol and clutches but it’s the best way of getting into RWD life really at the minute.

I have this wee car which I’d let go at the right money, otherwise it’s staying in the garage as an investment. It’s an LE Limited Edition model which comes with factory xenons and in the LE only colour Thundercloud Metallic. No LSD so has never been abused. I kitted and lowered it last summer and parked it up in the garage as a potential investment to see where they go with prices.

View attachment 266014View attachment 266015View attachment 266016View attachment 266017
That's a lovely looking car mate, bound to be worth a nice chunk of change in a couple of years!

The modern twincam and soon to be 5 grand and up.

This was another thought I had, it's getting to the point now that the value of them has bottomed out and only seems to be going up as more culchies bin them the length of letterkenny every June

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
That's a lovely looking car mate, bound to be worth a nice chunk of change in a couple of years!

This was another thought I had, it's getting to the point now that the value of them has bottomed out and only seems to be going up as more culchies bin them the length of letterkenny every June

There already on way up.They Take the abuse and fairly comfortable too. 5g won’t even get you one in a few years,

RevT

RMS Regular
They hit rock bottom about 2-3 years ago and been on the rise since. I bought a red sport for £400 two years ago, fitted a clutch and waterpump to it, wrecked it round the track sideways for 3 days and then raffled it off. I saw the same car kitted and for sale late last year for £2600.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
I see one heading home from Mallusk most days, it’s goes BAP BAP BAP BAP BAP WOP WOP WOP BAP BAP BAP and I expect to see it blasting off into the horizon but it never seems to leave my field of vision....to quote Bono, “it moves in mysteriously slow ways.”

MarkM

RMS Regular
I see one heading home from Mallusk most days, it’s goes BAP BAP BAP BAP BAP WOP WOP WOP BAP BAP BAP and I expect to see it blasting off into the horizon but it never seems to leave my field of vision....to quote Bono, “it moves in mysteriously slow ways.”

Ahhh, the Honda effect as it’s known around here :joy: :joy: :eyes: :laughing:

Last edited:

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Black? I see it (hear it) most days at Nutts corner roundabout,

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf

Much like the mentally challenged 30+ year old bearded fool that insists on doing lap after lap of Newcastle in a silver IS200 Sport “on the limiter” with massively long revs between gear changes, yet it never seems to be going fast enough to cause concern in the middle of town...

I was standing watching last weekend as he drove past, literally pointing and laughing, and said idiot smiled and waved back as if I was commending him or showing appreciation on his driving/car... Ya have to pity some people while wondering if they should be allowed out without proper supervision of a responsible adult.

Never owned one but straight piped they are the most annoying sounding car in the country an also dead as hector
All noise an no go

I’d stick to the Leon. Save up an buy a good car

It’s not often you write as much sense in 1 post, but here you are, being all sensible and all... 😂

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Much like the mentally challenged 30+ year old bearded fool that insists on doing lap after lap of Newcastle in a silver IS200 Sport “on the limiter” with massively long revs between gear changes, yet it never seems to be going fast enough to cause concern in the middle of town...

I was standing watching last weekend as he drove past, literally pointing and laughing, and said idiot smiled and waved back as if I was commending him or showing appreciation on his driving/car... Ya have to pity some people while wondering if they should be allowed out without proper supervision of a responsible adult.

It’s not often you write as much sense in 1 post, but here you are, being all sensible and all... 😂
Wouldn say that but I despise them for those 2 reasons above 😂

ItsAdamC

RMS Regular
OP
ItsAdamC
Drives
Baguettes
It has to be said, the people that are usually seen driving them are one of the things that put me off the cars 😂 If I were to go ahead and buy one it'd be modified tastefully but I can't help but feel I'd be tarred with the same brush as the boys that cut the springs, fit a straight pipe and a Valvoline sticker on the windscreen and suddenly think they're the Irish drift champion 🙄

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3

If its the person I am thinking of then I think I went to school with him 😂

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
A lot of car for the money, you'll not buy something as reliable and well built that ticks the boxes for the same money. You're also 23, that's a cool car to have it's comfortable, it's a really nice cabin to be in, the clocks still get my attention. They are only underpowered if you're used to anything much greater, anything less and it's still a bonus...they sound better than most cars in that power range too. I like them, they have their place in the market and I think it's a good place.

colin84

RMS Regular
In my worthless opinion, they still look good in sport/kitted form, nice interior, good spec, sound good, and are reliable and can take serious abuse. Although your Leon is only 90bhp, it will probably feel faster than an IS200, once you get used to the drive of them it's fine.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
My wife absolutely loves them , she's 34 .. I tried to buy her one and couldn't find one I was happy with.. she loved them 10-15 years ago and still mentions them today. Not to mention a grand or so swaps the inline 6 to an LS400 V8... If you fancied it.

Alexmck

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
Thats my turbo one on here for sale, turbo makes such a difference, mate also has a v8 one forsale for 5k