Lexus LS430 Land Boat

shortier1919

RMS Regular
After lurking for a long time thought I would finally post one of my cars which I have a real love hate relationship with

Back in 2021 I took a notion to purchase a land yacht and seen a UK registered LS430 low milage for sale in Donegal, so we quickly made the trip to Mexico and picked it up.

When we got there the car was extremely rough bodywork wise and interior was disgusting looked to have been a drug den it was too good of a deal at the time to turn down especially with only 80k miles on it

IMG_1811.jpg

After getting it back the first thing I had to do was of course polish a turd the paint was that oxidised that you would not of thought it was a deep blue or metallic
IMG_1812.jpg

Spent a few weeks just trying to tidy up small issues on it but one of the things that annoyed me the most was the fact the double glazing windows were delaminating at the back, so the most logical thing to do was to buy another LS430 for a set of windows...
IMG_1813.jpg

This one was quickly stripped and scrapped with engine and cats easily offsetting the price I paid for it

I wasn't sure which avenue I want to go down with lowering it so I opted for the Datasystems controller to override the factory air suspension which is extremely slow but for £200 to have the comfort of the factory suspension and go low I couldn't complain
IMG_1814.jpg

Just a photo beside the old workhorse (I welded the chassis before it showed signs of cracking don't worry)

IMG_1815.jpg

Decided I wasnt a big fan of the fishbowl effect so a light tint to solve that
IMG_1816.jpg

Trying to find a kit for this car was extremely difficult/expensive I ended up going for a WALD style kit from a company based in Russia which was actually extremely cheap £350 shipped for the whole kit, only downside was everything was cut in half for shipping costs but that was quickly fixed with some fibreglass

IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

Next ofcourse I really needed some wheels as the standard alloys just were not going to cut it so I ended up with a set of 19" Leon Hardiritt Orden, due to they were from two different sets deciding what colour to go for was the next problem
IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

Got the kit painted and fitted

IMG_1821.jpg

And the choice of colour for the wheels...

IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

Simon at Limitless Garage did a full custom exhaust 3" downpipes with Dummy Cats into an X-Pipe which replaced the middle cat back to two silencers, cracking job as always

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1825.jpg

Finally got the wheels on and took the car to its first show Letstance swiftly followed by across the pond to Fitted

IMG_1827.jpg

Quick stop in the Lake District on the way home from Fitted
IMG_1828.jpg

I thought to myself why own one headache when you can own two so I purchased a UK spec 200SX S14

IMG_1829.jpg

After a year I decided the bronze on the wheels wasnt for me/the car so I got the faces diamond cut which I think really makes everything pop

IMG_1830.jpg

have spent the last year building a new garage at home so havnt gotten much work done to it, decided last week to take into the broken wheel stud on the rear and replace it to end up snapping the carrier bolt in the hub..,..

Have ordered two new front lips from SRR due to different style of lips and hopefully be here before Dubshed aswell as waiting for a new hub to arrive. (Also a new windscreen being fitted today)

Its getting to its point in like it need a bit of TLC as the usual LS430 issue front doors starting to rust be I think I will just get it back on the road and enjoy it for the summer then start to it in the winter
Just thought I would add a few photos of all the cars now in the new garage (Which still needs work)
Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 10.27.12.png
Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 10.27.20.png

Attachments

• IMG_1816.jpg
    IMG_1816.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Great thread/introduction.

Wasn't a fan of the top half of the mods, but those wheels & kit changed the game. Health to waft!

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Very good, always wondered if this car would show up on rms. I'm not far from you and have watched your shed go up too, it's a great job.

Car is stunning, always catches my eye when passing. Proper luxury land yacht 👍

shortier1919

RMS Regular
OP
S
Very good, always wondered if this car would show up on rms. I'm not far from you and have watched your shed go up too, it's a great job.

Car is stunning, always catches my eye when passing. Proper luxury land yacht 👍
Sadly so have I because of building control :joy: Hopefully have the place fully finished by summer to get actually working on the cars

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Love that, proper big barge!
Seen the wee Mini parked at Fodder one day last year I think it was, actually took a photo as loved it so much!

shortier1919

RMS Regular
OP
S
Love that, proper big barge!
Seen the wee Mini parked at Fodder one day last year I think it was, actually took a photo as loved it so much!
Yeah you definitely did saying that my fiancée, myself and our springer it was a long journey up to there in the mini :joy: Brilliant spot though
View attachment 428590
Looks unreal in this photo, so handy having the factory air.

Awesome spot the lake district in general, ill not go into me driving over a fallen stone wall and destroying one of my lips.. factory air is great have heard some peoples bags giving up after a while as they are not designed to go full up and down but luckily have a few spare from the other LS430 I broke

shortier1919

RMS Regular
OP
S
Slight update this week, had a snapped wheel stud and then went to take the calliper off and that bolt snapped in the hub…

Found a hub in Aberdeen which a friend on mine picked up while he was over working, at the time was safe to say it was well overdue handbrake shoes which I have learnt to be my new most unfavourite job

Also got a new fresh windscreen
IMG_1952.jpeg
IMG_1832.jpeg