weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Damn you Lidl

IMG_0982.JPG

Bryan

RMS Regular
I bought the angle grinder and their thin metal cutting discs earlier. Don't waste your money on the discs - they are useless and actually feel dangerous to use. I had to resort to a chisel and 1/4 pounder instead. The angle grinder is big and awkward to use - the blade gaurd is massive and gets in the way terribly. You definately can't use it one handed. I tried using it with a flap disc too but because of the gaurd you have to have it at quite an angle so it only really uses the edge of the flap disc.

Might bring it back and swap it for a bench grinder instead.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I bought the angle grinder and their thin metal cutting discs earlier. Don't waste your money on the discs - they are useless and actually feel dangerous to use. I had to resort to a chisel and 1/4 pounder instead. The angle grinder is big and awkward to use - the blade gaurd is massive and gets in the way terribly. You definately can't use it one handed. I tried using it with a flap disc too but because of the gaurd you have to have it at quite an angle so it only really uses the edge of the flap disc.

Might bring it back and swap it for a bench grinder instead.

I was thinking with its extra length it might be good for using a wire brush on.

I bought the discs too, Will give one a try if I don't like there going in the bin, don't want one breaking on my at 14,000 rpm.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I was thinking with its extra length it might be good for using a wire brush on.

I bought the discs too, Will give one a try if I don't like there going in the bin, don't want one breaking on my at 14,000 rpm.

I had several shatter on me and used nearly the whole packet on a small project I was working on this evening. All I was doing was making a post for a winch on the trailer and I'd guess I would normally use maybe 3 of my usual cutting discs to accomplish what I did with about 8 of the Lidl ones.

The reason I bought it was the trigger switch at the back - I had one like this years ago and loved it. This one is useless though because you have to press the red switch on the side before the trigger will work and the red switch, for me, didn't feel like it was in the best position.

Last edited:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I had several shatter on me and used nearly the whole packet on a small project I was working on this evening. All I was doing was making a post for a winch on the trailer and I'd guess I would normally use maybe 3 of my usual cutting discs to accumplish what I did with about 8 of the Lidl ones.

The reason I bought it was the trigger switch at the back - I had one like this years ago and loved it. This one is useless though because you have to press the red switch on the side before the trigger will work and the red switch, for me, didn't feel like it was in the best position.

Right I'll probably bring the grinder and cutting discs back on Monday then lol

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Lifted the bonnet light and a couple of wire wheels for the grinder.

The light is a really good job!
Didn't bother with a wire brushes as I've had cheap ones before and never again lol

I forgot about the light

Last edited:

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
I bought the planer and sander yesterday. Initially just went in for the planer, at £25 it'll do fine for the couple of times a year that I'll use it. Then spotted the sander at £13, and each box of 18 sanding sheets was only £2!
DSC_0330, 2.jpg

IanRyan

RMS Regular
Drives
207 GT
I had the older model without the LED's seemed a good bit of kit until I used it for a long period then it broke.