Active Deal Lidl DIY /Tool Deals

corsacj

RMS Regular
Looks like I've missed a few good ones, what have the vice & wire strippers faired out like?

Great shop lol.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Wire strippers are dead on. Similar to any other cheapies I've used.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Are their air tools actually any good?

Could be tempted to just buy the whole collection and kit out the garage with air hose etc.

Looks identical to the cheapest of the line gear for sale in Harbor Freight in the US under the brand name Central Pneumatic (IIRC). Presumably it's all from the same factory in China. I bought all of it a couple of years back, the wee drill is pretty good, most of everything else is OK. The air wrench is pretty rubbish.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Cool thanks @Coog I’m not exactly going to be a heavy user, more thinking it could be convenient to plumb it into air and hang the tools on the wall. I’ve a 240v impact gun anyway that has served me ok. But the other wee chisels and saws and stuff could be handy to have. See SGS are doing a 50 litre compressor for not much more money though. Probably better job.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yeah the chisel is pretty good and the wee saw is painful on steel but I've used it on plastic and wood and it's been good. Both super hard on the air though, the pump is going constantly with the saw.

NotKG

Banned
the air chisel just great, removed the tiles in my bathroom handy with it, and a lot of cutting with the cordless grinder and 2 batteries. . the air ratchet is in the fence , the air saw is pathetic. the wee square pressure washer is the d/danglies,, well it is for my bike, could maybe do with a longer hose(which ill get when theyre in stock again)

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
The wee bench vice doesn't like clamping down too hard on stuff. I was doing a bit of porting on an inlet manifold last night and the jaws wouldn't open again afterwards. Had to give it a little Fonzy tap to get it to open.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Me neither opened the box and looked in and that’s as far as I got... have a few wee jobs for winter so will get it secured and sorted shortly for that

johnm

RMS Regular
Try and find a best before date on their veg next time you're in.

I've never looked for one, I thought there veg was always pretty bang on and better taste wise than any of the other places bar St Georges Market on a Saturday morning.
Bad experience?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I've never looked for one, I thought there veg was always pretty bang on and better taste wise than any of the other places bar St Georges Market on a Saturday morning.
Bad experience?

Aye a few times. Avocados especially bad for some reason. Other times it's been lack of choice or bad stuff still on the shelves.

johnm

RMS Regular
Aye a few times. Avocados especially bad for some reason. Other times it's been lack of choice or bad stuff still on the shelves.

Yeah the choice can be hit or miss in the one of Castlereagh Rd, one on the falls is normally pretty good though.
Not sure if you've been but should check out st georges market on Saturday morning, around 930 is normally the best time to get in and get out for the meat & veg. All local stuff, normally stays fresher for a lot longer. Plus a cuban sambo is never a bad thing!

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
Their grapes are *****. Only complaint I have tbh.

RE: the bench vices, fire a bit of grease on the screw mechanism. I was using it to hold an inlet manifold I was porting and it didn't want to open the jaws afterward, the screw just came out. Had to give it a lil fonzy tap to get them open.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yeah the choice can be hit or miss in the one of Castlereagh Rd, one on the falls is normally pretty good though.
Not sure if you've been but should check out st georges market on Saturday morning, around 930 is normally the best time to get in and get out for the meat & veg. All local stuff, normally stays fresher for a lot longer. Plus a cuban sambo is never a bad thing!

I use a local green grocer for it, just 2 mins out of my way on the way home from work. Lasts twice as long as you say and he's cheaper too.

Ollie

RMS Regular
Decent selection of stuff in carrickfergus today.

I wanted a second ctek charger but may as well give this a go for the money. Anyone using one? I think this is the new version.

Also I never have much luck with Lidl air tools but sure.

20180929_123925.jpg