Active Deal Lidl DIY /Tool Deals

NotKG

Banned
We’d have said exactly the same until the morning of the fire, now nothing’s left on charge (y)
my old one died, but it just keeos tripping of bike mode, as if it cant detect the battery. no overheating or fires. its the way circuitry should fail.
was it a lidl one caused the fire?
some of those chinese things on ebay, i certainly have no faith in.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
my old one died, but it just keeos tripping of bike mode, as if it cant detect the battery. no overheating or fires. its the way circuitry should fail.
was it a lidl one caused the fire?
some of those chinese things on ebay, i certainly have no faith in.

And the breakers should have tripped when they detected the short circuit too, but by that stage the garage was ablaze.

Safety features, much like the intended purpose of any device, are only good if they work.

thefool1983

RMS Regular
S
And the breakers should have tripped when they detected the short circuit too, but by that stage the garage was ablaze.

Safety features, much like the intended purpose of any device, are only good if they work.
SO was it a lidl one or not?
I don't think a lidl one would cause a fire. It monitors current and voltage. Much like the ctek units.

Much safer than the old "dumb" unit

NotKG

Banned
pah, i'v about 8 different things on charge in the shed. and there is logs and propane in there. and a car and a van.
stuff it, its insured.
think lidl burned my garage id have forensic proof and have them in court. they'll probably say your battery failed first, because i'd expect that was the fault, unless you had really poor fuses in your consumer unit.

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
i got lucky about 3 weeks ago, it wasn,t a battery charger but an led hand lamp left on to charge overnight. handlamp had been completely on fire and burned its self out and not tripped the power and all was within 2 yards of a gallon of thinners.a kerosene heater and 2 motorbikes. now nothing is left on overnight.

corsacj

RMS Regular
The battery one is brilliant. I'm amazed it's only got a couple of AA batteries running it.

I've this rechargeable one but it's fairly pants tbh, did they do a different one?
2921507_1.jpg

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
I got the one with the stand and its good. Havent seen it in a while but im sure it will be back in.

32990109.jpg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I've this rechargeable one but it's fairly pants tbh, did they do a different one?
2921507_1.jpg

Yeah that looks different entirely and seems to be lower voltage and quite a bit cooler too.

For wee jobs out in the car it's been great.