Active Deal Lidl DIY /Tool Deals

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
What are their compressors like? Is 50ltr ok for general home use IE as an air blower around the cars/bikes, tyre pump etc. I'd not be using it to spray anything.

Also, when plugged in, are the motors strong enough to keep the pressure in the tank consistently at a higher rate than it expels it?

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
What are their compressors like? Is 50ltr ok for general home use IE as an air blower around the cars/bikes, tyre pump etc. I'd not be using it to spray anything.

Also, when plugged in, are the motors strong enough to keep the pressure in the tank consistently at a higher rate than it expels it?
50L be grand for low consumption tools such as blowing up tyres.

the motor will be strong enough as long as consumption is less than the cfm the motor can generate though IIRC the figure they quote is often higher than actually achieved. I got a compressor and thought it would be great but tbh all I use it for is checking tyre pressures the odd time.

NotKG

Banned
iv a chinese 50lt cranked up 90- to 135psi, runs air stuff spot on for home use.
its about 10 yrs old and used most days.
hasnt shat itself yet. oil wasnt changed in it to last summer.

woeldnt mind a fancy one in one of those silencer boxes. but theyre a fortune.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
If it helps any it's got one of the industrial 16a plugs on it so you need to have the proper power for it.

Willpower is not one of my strengths.

I have no need for a plasma cutter.... I have no need for a plasma cutter.... I have no need for a plasma cutter....

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
The battery/alt tester charger big yoke... loaned it to neighbour one night... "great job that" needed it again for dads friend...went to his house and it wasn't working.

Returned and refunded :worried:

Sick of lending stuff out and getting it back broken/damaged or not returning and me forgetting who has what

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Spotted this in Bangor Homebase the other day. Felt sturdy enough.

E02B2F2A-74DC-4639-9489-26A2D8627CC9.jpeg

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I've been in Lidl twice now and I don't know how I haven't bought anything yet...

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
I got one of the compressors at the weekend, it looks quite sturdy - should do rightly for running a wheel gun and the like once in a while

NotKG

Banned
the lidl fittings are pretty crap, so is their hose. its so small its tied it twists or kinks.
change the fitting to PCL on the compressor and just use proper garage 3/8 hose, MMS lisburn do a 10m kit for £12-£15.
and lift the switch cover off and turn it up the trip, about another 30psi to it trips out. just to it sounds knocky and turn it back a bit :joy: you'll have a decent enough wee kit then .
my wee 50lt trips off at 135 psi (y)

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
the lidl fittings are pretty crap, so is their hose. its so small its tied it twists or kinks.
change the fitting to PCL on the compressor and just use proper garage 3/8 hose, MMS lisburn do a 10m kit for £12-£15.
and lift the switch cover off and turn it up the trip, about another 30psi to it trips out. just to it sounds knocky and turn it back a bit :joy: you'll have a decent enough wee kit then .
my wee 50lt trips off at 135 psi (y)

Near 10 bar is probably far to much for most air tools unless you regulate it down?

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
A basic air ratchet will run around 90psi (6.2bar) which will consume 100L+ a minute, a smaller tank isn't going to live with that

NotKG

Banned
oh aye, line is at regulated ot 95-100, keeping the tank pressure high just helps keep the oomph behind the first couple of tight nuts.
kick in is also high because its the way the switch just works, kicks in when tank is at 95, so if your jacked up and ready for 20 wheel nuts, she'll crack them off in one go, rather than waiting and waiting. iv had it a few years and iv just found a sweet wee method for it.
i have been stocking up on battery equipment lately, but i still need some air.
and the back of the van gets swept with a petrol leaf blower. :joy:(y)