Active Deal Lidl DIY /Tool Deals

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Not be getting a sandblaster then, anybody got one of the air saws?

Yeah I got one and the drill. The drill is great, the wee saw is also pretty good though it's hard on the air so can't run it for long. Has been handy for a few wee odd jobs though.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Is the SandBlasting gun pants by design? More asking as blasting guns generally need serious amounts of air to run properly, usually well past the small compressors...

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Is the SandBlasting gun pants by design? More asking as blasting guns generally need serious amounts of air to run properly, usually well past the small compressors...

Its a spotblaster rather than a sandblaster so its ok for small areas, but that kind of makes it useless in my opinion. Better to just sand the area in question as it would be just as quick and less mess.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Its a spotblaster rather than a sandblaster so its ok for small areas, but that kind of makes it useless in my opinion. Better to just sand the area in question as it would be just as quick and less mess.

Cheers man. I have two blasters at the moment and could have been tempted to get a third (for absolutely no reason). Hence the query. (y)

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I've the air saw. It's hard on air (as said above) and the blades are she ite. Haven't bothered getting better blade to try them to see if it makes any difference. Works of for small light duty stuff I suppose

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
I've the air saw. It's hard on air (as said above) and the blades are she ite. Haven't bothered getting better blade to try them to see if it makes any difference. Works of for small light duty stuff I suppose
I'll pick one up and try it with a better blade

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Didn't even try the original blade, replaced them straight away.

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Still keep popping in hoping to grab one of these, anyone got one they no longer want or need?!!

1568814602863.png

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
I didn't see one at the AbbeyCentre branch... I've a Titan one (corded) from Screwfix that's a great job, should that do.

Thanks for that, but gonna hold out/wait for them to come in again, as I really want cordless

n3il

RMS Regular
Drives
CRXvtec/vtis
It's basically usless with the 2ah battery it usually comes with anyway. Has anyone seen the bigger batteries for sale anywhere? Would like to try it with one of the 4ah ones although I haven't seen them in ages

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
Still keep popping in hoping to grab one of these, anyone got one they no longer want or need?!!

View attachment 251053

I literally just received one from eBay.......came with a pack of 7 extra discs included and it IS THE BEST THING EVER!

Also snaffled another one of the 12v batteries in Belfast yesterday for it.

Had been looking at the Milwaukee variant but it is crackers money compared to this given all I will use it for.

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
I literally just received one from eBay.......came with a pack of 7 extra discs included and it IS THE BEST THING EVER!

Also snaffled another one of the 12v batteries in Belfast yesterday for it.

Had been looking at the Milwaukee variant but it is crackers money compared to this given all I will use it for.

How much was it? I think they were £29.99 in LIDL...I literally had one in my hand, called back the following day and all gone...

Also see Bosch do one at £100+ body only!!

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
Yeah, they were 29.99 AFAIK without battery and charger which is super if you are already in the LIDL battery game. But the battery and chargers I think are around 20 or so again if you can find the,

I paid 50 which I know was someone making a scoop but didn't care as I need it NOW :grinning:

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Yeah, they were 29.99 AFAIK without battery and charger which is super if you are already in the LIDL battery game. But the battery and chargers I think are around 20 or so again if you can find the,

I paid 50 which I know was someone making a scoop but didn't care as I need it NOW :grinning:

Ah yes, of course they were body only - that's why I put it back on the shelf, as at the time they'd no batteries or charges in!

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
Also, the old 12v batteries don't work with the new "Team" units and vice versa.

There were 2 versions of this little cutter. The earlier had the button on the top (old batteries) and the new one has the button on the side like the pic you posted (new Team batteries)

I think the old batteries are hard to come by now (well, for sensible money) and the new ones for example, were 9.99 in Lidl in the centre of Belfast earlier this week.

Just in case you are buying one from eBay bud.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Also, the old 12v batteries don't work with the new "Team" units and vice versa.

There were 2 versions of this little cutter. The earlier had the button on the top (old batteries) and the new one has the button on the side like the pic you posted (new Team batteries)

I think the old batteries are hard to come by now (well, for sensible money) and the new ones for example, were 9.99 in Lidl in the centre of Belfast earlier this week.

Just in case you are buying one from eBay bud.

Nice one - thanks for the heads up

Dandy

RMS Regular
Drives
I got one of those mini grinders, they are good enough, bought a spare battery but as said the new ones are different, you can cut of 2 very small plastic strips with a Stanley and they'll work the best though.