Active Deal Lidl DIY /Tool Deals

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
400 Nm battery impact wrenches are back Thursday 26th. Complete with 4 Ah battery and charger. £59.99

Mine failed to take a wheel nut off for the first time ever earlier this week. Took a 3ft breaker bar and a fair old thump to get it off so can forgive it for that. For £60 they're class.

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
Agreed!

Although, I gave mine to a friend after it failed to undo a crankshaft nut............I fell out with it.............bought a Milwaukee............I think the anvil in that tool hit the nut twice and that was it. lol.

But. for the money.......it gives you enough power for 99% of things to be fair.

I do like the Parkside :grinning:

Neil_M

RMS Regular
They commonly only have them in store for a day or two during the promotion, then the next promotion goes on the shelves...

I'd buy a battery powered impact gun, the torque ratings on the Lidl ones seemed quite low (especially the air powered ones).

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Anyone seen any f these impact guns instore? Tried 2 shops and no dice:sweat:
I got 2 today in Belfast. Had always wanted an impact gun but thought I wouldn't get the use out of it to justify the money they are. So when I saw the Lidl ones I couldn't refuse.

Am now annoyed, a job which I thought was going to take all night with lots of swearing, grazed knuckles etc was done in 10 minutes, and hardly had to even wash my hands. Should have had one years ago!

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
I got 2 today in Belfast. Had always wanted an impact gun but thought I wouldn't get the use out of it to justify the money they are. So when I saw the Lidl ones I couldn't refuse.

Am now annoyed, a job which I thought was going to take all night with lots of swearing, grazed knuckles etc was done in 10 minutes, and hardly had to even wash my hands. Should have had one years ago!

Got the last one in Connswater! Was well chuffed. Tried to loosen a wheel nut torqued to 103nm.....not so chuffed.

Do you need to give the battery a couple of charge cycles? Quite disappointed as I thought this would be a great help for replacing the steering rack on the MR2.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I put battery on the charger as soon as I got it, but it was almost full anyway. Still got a good 6 hours. Took off a bottom arm bolt that I couldn't loosen with a breaker bar in seconds, so no complaints from me.

Still not sure on tightening with it so kept to old manual means there, but certainly made light work in getting it off!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Got the last one in Connswater! Was well chuffed. Tried to loosen a wheel nut torqued to 103nm.....not so chuffed.

Do you need to give the battery a couple of charge cycles? Quite disappointed as I thought this would be a great help for replacing the steering rack on the MR2.

Yes, charge it fully first.

I loosen at 400 and tighten to 300, don’t know if that’s right?!

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6

I haven’t charged mine yet and been using away at it.

Buzzed off uncles Passat wheels instantly. RR ones took a few “Dugga duggas” but got there in the end.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
I haven’t charged mine yet and been using away at it.

Buzzed off uncles Passat wheels instantly. RR ones took a few “Dugga duggas” but got there in the end.

Well aren’t I a bit miffed now. I won't throw my toys out of the pram until I give it another go.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
My cordless driver lost it's ball and spring. The one with the spring that retains the socket.
Any solutions to an easy fix as it's a slight pain with the sockets falling off easily?

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
In case it's not common knowledge..............I like to think of myself as a Lidl addict. It took a while to get to the point where I could feel comfortable talking about it but, well.......here I am.........laying my soul before all of you my friends.

In my journey, I thought I would share a little bit of knowledge

I have come to the conclusion that the Banbridge Lidl is quite simply the BEST one at the minute and for anyone in the market, they have an entirely separate room at the back of the building ABSOLUTELY jammed with tools.

From what I saw, it is absolutely full of the air tools and accessories currently but also has an absurd amount of the 20v and 12v batteries and chargers etc in case someone is in need.

Its my new go to branch every Tuesday when the kids are at drama. :laughing:

J

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
In case it's not common knowledge..............I like to think of myself as a Lidl addict. It took a while to get to the point where I could feel comfortable talking about it but, well.......here I am.........laying my soul before all of you my friends.

In my journey, I thought I would share a little bit of knowledge

I have come to the conclusion that the Banbridge Lidl is quite simply the BEST one at the minute and for anyone in the market, they have an entirely separate room at the back of the building ABSOLUTELY jammed with tools.

From what I saw, it is absolutely full of the air tools and accessories currently but also has an absurd amount of the 20v and 12v batteries and chargers etc in case someone is in need.

Its my new go to branch every Tuesday when the kids are at drama. :laughing:

J
Why am I only learning this now? I haven't bought a tool in nearly a full day, might have to do something about that

Walder

RMS Regular
The plumber came in this week to fix our heating had a park side torch it was esrher snazzy. You can pull it apart and it becomes a lamp. I had a quick scally in antrim, if anyone corms across one let me know.

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
The plumber came in this week to fix our heating had a park side torch it was esrher snazzy. You can pull it apart and it becomes a lamp. I had a quick scally in antrim, if anyone corms across one let me know.
Did you have pints for lunch as well?

Walder

RMS Regular
Did you have pints for lunch as well?

You would think that but dealing with a a 2yo and a newborn I should not attempt to multi task and try and type.

Well to translate the the jibberish if you see this let me me know.....

Screenshot_20190927_154903_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
You would think that but dealing with a a 2yo and a newborn I should not attempt to multi task and try and type.

Well to translate the the jibberish if you see this let me me know.....

View attachment 252028
Will keep my eye out and let you know, obviously no offence intended - just being a smart arse

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
I am perplexed beyond belief. Not one wheel nut will that impact gun remove on my correctly torqued wheels on the MR2 yet I buzzed (eventually) every nut off a van and a car that have been lying around in work for over a year.:joy:

Either my torque wrench needs calibrated or the MR2 pixies are at their work yet again!

Also from testing, I’d say 400nm of torque is cheekily optimistic but for the cash I’m impressed!