Active Deal Lidl DIY /Tool Deals

thefool1983

RMS Regular
Would that router be good for routing out some hinges on some new doors? I put new door frames in there and getting the hall plastered. So will soon be time to hang doors.
Can you get a template for hinges?
Sorry for thread hi-jack

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Would that router be good for routing out some hinges on some new doors? I put new door frames in there and getting the hall plastered. So will soon be time to hang doors.
Sorry for thread hi-jack

Better with a good chisel. You’ll need a chisel anyway to do the square corners.

thefool1983

RMS Regular
Better with a good chisel. You’ll need a chisel anyway to do the square corners.
Yeah have chisel
ok.
Thought the router might be better to get the right depth

Here's my woodwork for the door frames. Not too shabby if I dont say so myself! 🤣
20200327_123110.jpg
20200327_115125.jpg
20200327_115029.jpg

Bryan

RMS Regular
Called in to the Lurgan store earlier to pick up a power washer but couldn't see any. Has anyone noticed them in Banbridge or Craigavon?

garyo

RMS Regular
Called in to the Lurgan store earlier to pick up a power washer but couldn't see any. Has anyone noticed them in Banbridge or Craigavon?
Think deliveries are all over the place these days. I was told in my local one they can't be sure exactly what they're getting in their Weds/Sun night drops, so the scheduled stuff for Thurs/Mon isn't always available, but it's likely to land in the next delivery or two after. Makes it hard to schedule a trip for essential items whilst hoping to pick up something from the leaflet as I was after the cordless strimmer and BBQ a week or two ago.

They're due to have both the electric 170bar washer @ £80 and the petrol washer @£150 due in this Thursday according to the leaflet and I need something after my old Karcher 620M finally bit the dust. Anybody tried either?

I'm thinking the electric one would do me rightly for general use at that price. Looks to be the same attachment as Karcher too so my snow foam lance should fit. The petrol one has some dodgy reviews and my bro has a decent one anyway that I just borrow every blue moon for anything heavy duty around the house.

Boksic

RMS Regular
I picked up the foldable ladder/platform yoke today, I THINK I need one for painting etc.
Anyone else been using one? Any complaints?
Thought at £60 it's good value.

IMG_20200420_094627.jpg

RevT

RMS Regular
I have one of those Alan, haven’t used it as a platform yet in fairness but I could be using it soon too as the OH is lifting paint samples tomorrow so I could see me stuck painting for days very shortly. The ladder itself has been handy enough and was cheap for what it was when I got it last year, think it was actually about £45 back then.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Sorry for thread hi-jack

You can get a jig for door hinges for use with a router. Leaves a lovely finish. A lot quicker the joiners have informed me so a good advantage if it's your trade. If it's personal use then taking your time and you'll get a good finish with a chisel as @Nicky says

Bryan

RMS Regular
Just been in Lurgan and they have a full pallet of the pressure washers. I didn’t realise they come with a 3 year warranty as well. These ones also have a handy reel to wind in the hose. Feel like a kid at Christmas getting a new toy... first one out of the store lol

garyo

RMS Regular
Just home myself from being 'one of those people'! They were queued around the car park when I got there at 7.58 and I was tempted to pull a U-turn straight away, even more so when I seen 3 electric ones and maybe half a dozen petrol ones getting loaded into cars whilst I was in the queue. Got in about 10/15mins later though, bee-line for the middle aisle and although the petrol ones were gone, there were 5 electric ones left, which is what I was after anyway (no idea if they had more stock out back or anything).

Got some dirty looks as I went about the rest of the essential shop, didn't wanna leave the trolley out of arm's length! Wife and I are alternating conference calls and parenting duties this morning so will be lunch time before I get it out of the car let alone the box, but at least that gives me a bit of time to compose myself...closest thing to an adrenaline rush since lockdown started! 🤣

With my luck it'll prob shíte the tights on first use, but the specs at that price are def worth a punt, especially with the 3 year warranty as you mention.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I arrived at about 8.10 and walked straight in and lifted one of the electric ones and straight back out again. Queues were very long at the tills already but luckily they opened a fourth lane and because I only had one thing the other people let me go ahead. Don’t like to be in places for any longer than necessary at the minute.

garyo

RMS Regular
Inside was actually really quiet for me with no till queue at all so might just be a different approach at each store keeping the numbers out in the car park rather than inside. Worked well anyway and got all the groceries I needed too. I did notice whilst outside queuing that a lot of the power hose buyers were in and out after the one thing! :p The guys at the till were even saying that was as busy as they've ever seen it and the power hose was the main attraction, so 🤞

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
Does anyone know if you can get a lance to fit the Lidl pressure washers? Was looking at a new Karcher but if I can get a lance to fit the Lidl one I might do that because I only really use it for the car

Bryan

RMS Regular
The one I got earlier has a little bottle to put on the end of the lance which I presume is for snow foam? I've never used snow foam so I don't really know. The connector on the lance is a push fit and looks pretty universal to me - very similar to my previous VAX machine.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Let me know Bryan, in Lurgan myself and in dyre need of one too

I picked one up last Saturday. Connswater only had the £80 electric ones, seems a good job. Has an aluminum pump and a 3 year warranty.

Pic of it next to my decade old Karacher that has kicked the bucket. Hose split and it’s moulded to the body.

Attachments

• B97513B6-64A6-4298-A6B0-1CB796B3354A.jpeg
    B97513B6-64A6-4298-A6B0-1CB796B3354A.jpeg
    511.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 0B80F6CE-3DB6-4884-AC9E-8019B4F788FA.jpeg
    0B80F6CE-3DB6-4884-AC9E-8019B4F788FA.jpeg
    424.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 01ABF3E8-1887-4663-ACC2-57C7C0BC69A1.jpeg
    01ABF3E8-1887-4663-ACC2-57C7C0BC69A1.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 94

garyo

RMS Regular
Does anyone know if you can get a lance to fit the Lidl pressure washers? Was looking at a new Karcher but if I can get a lance to fit the Lidl one I might do that because I only really use it for the car

I got 5mins at lunchtime to take mine out of the box but that was literally the height of it. Unfortunately at first glance it looks like the attachment is slightly different from Karcher so I don't think my snowfoam lance will fit. Will see how the one provided performs but the range of different attachments are pretty readily available on ebay and the likes for a few quid so I'm sure there's one for Parkside and would even hazard a guess that it's the same type fitting as one of the other brands.

Not sure if there will be anything available though to get my Karcher patio cleaner attachment to fit, but will get a better look this evening. My other notion was that if the hose fittings are similar at the handle end it could be interchangeable there.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I got 5mins at lunchtime to take mine out of the box but that was literally the height of it. Unfortunately at first glance it looks like the attachment is slightly different from Karcher so I don't think my snowfoam lance will fit. Will see how the one provided performs but the range of different attachments are pretty readily available on ebay and the likes for a few quid so I'm sure there's one for Parkside and would even hazard a guess that it's the same type fitting as one of the other brands.

Not sure if there will be anything available though to get my Karcher patio cleaner attachment to fit, but will get a better look this evening. My other notion was that if the hose fittings are similar at the handle end it could be interchangeable there.
I used to have an aa branded washer years ago and was able to modify the karcher foam attachment with a file to fit the aa lance. You may be able to do something similar.

DJMCA

RMS Regular

As above, ebay is your best bet. I think theres a place here does them to fit the Parkside, they advertise on ebay.

c4rsa

RMS Regular
Drives
careful..
Does anyone know if theres any of the electric pressure washers in ards?