Active Deal Lidl DIY /Tool Deals

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Got a Wee through socket set the other day.
Prob never be used but sure it's in the tool box lol

I have the halfords vortex (hollow as well) set in the that same size and larger.

You'd be surprised how useful it is, with nuts on long studs where the deep socket isn't deep enough and shock top mounts and being able to put an Allen key through the socket

Last edited:

RoniN

RMS Regular
I have the halfords vortex (hollow as well) set in the that same size and larger.

You'd be surprised how useful it is, with nuts on long studs where the deep socket isn't deep enough and shock top mounts and being able to put an Alan key through the socket

Who's Alan ???

Cheers

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i

You'd be surprised how useful it is, with nuts on long studs where the deep socket isn't deep enough and shock top mounts and being able to put an Allen key through the socket

Got that vortex set myself, she's some job! Has came in very handy on random jobs.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Bought a corded impact drill, for taking wheels off to clean, winding up caravan legs etc. Haven't had a chance to use it, and rarely will, but seemed like a bargain @ £30.

PhilM

RMS Regular
If it's anything like the Clarke one mentioned that looks similar then it'll be a great job for the money

Phil

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Just picked up one of the inverter welders so hopefully give it a run tomorrow.
And more of the Italian Pinot G at £4.29.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Just picked up one of the inverter welders so hopefully give it a run tomorrow.
And more of the Italian Pinot G at £4.29.

Let us know how it performs and what sort of thickness it will weld.
Seems a bit underpowered for an inverter arc welder. Only 80amps.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Let us know how it performs and what sort of thickness it will weld.
Seems a bit underpowered for an inverter arc welder. Only 80amps.

I have a 180amp stick welder already but it's not great for thin stuff which is why I wanted to try one of these small inverters.
I had a quick go with it tonight and I'm well chuffed. I used the thinnest rods I had (2.5mm) and made a nice weld on a piece of 1mm mild steel. Working with the dial set around half way between 10 and 80 amps. Weld
Now I'm not a welding expert but I found it easier to make a weld in thin metal with this machine than any MIG welder I've ever used. It's very easy to control and weld penetrated through to the back of the metal without blowing a hole.
Money well spent as far as I'm concerned, although I never even shopped around, it was an impulse buy.

Golfman16

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk1 sport line g
First un the door this morning had all except what I wanted the bloody drill .. Any one get one ???

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
They had great laser measure/ stud/ wire finder couple of weeks ago. Works really well.
I'm a sucker for their tools.