Active Deal Lidl DIY /Tool Deals

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I tried 3 stores and couldn't see any, anyone know where there are some still in store?
Ballymoney had a load on Monday. I'll be back in today and will take a look although that's probably a bit far for you.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Couldn't get a leaf blower in Ballymoney but did treat myself to the impact driver and a double charger (still loads of both the driver and double chargers if anyone else is looking).

If anyone spots a leaf blower in Ballymena, Coleraine or Portrush let me know please.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Couldn't get a leaf blower in Ballymoney but did treat myself to the impact driver and a double charger (still loads of both the driver and double chargers if anyone else is looking).

If anyone spots a leaf blower in Ballymena, Coleraine or Portrush let me know please.
None in Limavady

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Are those extra long lances for pressure washer still around? Never managed to get one at the time.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Tbh used to love Parkside tools

Went to use the drill last night

Battery from it dead. Tried to charge. Green n red flashing lights means battery is ****ed

Tried the impact gun battery

Same issue

Read some stuff online you can jump the battery as charger won't move it from being fully dead. So need to buy 1 new battery then jump the other 2 then charge.

100 quid high Street voucher might go on a decent drill

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
The drill is about the only parkside tool I own that I would say felt a bit crap.

But it was £20 and has had a hard enough time and still seems to work.

Also had a battery go but they’re £12.99 each at the minute so it’s one of those things where it’s kind of forgiveable at the price point.

My biggest gripe is storing them all. The blow moulded cases are a pain and there doesn’t seem to be a good way of storing them in a way that they can be moved from the workshop out to wherever I’m working. I’ve a modular cart coming later today that will hopefully sort that problem out.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
The drill is about the only parkside tool I own that I would say felt a bit crap.

But it was £20 and has had a hard enough time and still seems to work.

Also had a battery go but they’re £12.99 each at the minute so it’s one of those things where it’s kind of forgiveable at the price point.

My biggest gripe is storing them all. The blow moulded cases are a pain and there doesn’t seem to be a good way of storing them in a way that they can be moved from the workshop out to wherever I’m working. I’ve a modular cart coming later today that will hopefully sort that problem out.
Yea all those big boxes they come in i bin. Normally just have them lined up on a shelf.
But wee cart trolley would be the job!

Yea might have to nip in and buy a new battery and charger for all the price

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
Tbh used to love Parkside tools
Same, I am only a light DIY'er so the tools definitely don't see much action.

The drill has been used to throw up about 200 fencing boards and about 5 or 6 times in the house for hanging mirrors.

The chuck section circled just falls out of it now.
parkside_LI.jpg

Its annoying, but at the same time for all I will ever use it I don't need to be buying a DeWalt / Milwaukee etc.

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
I use a couple of these tote bags for throwing a few drills into.

Screenshot_20210930-102914_Chrome.jpg

bmurf

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
I would agree with the drill, not having much power in it, also the first one I got only lasted 3 days and it gave up. My 15 year old Ryobi drill would be twice as much power, but for £20 what is there to expect.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
There's loads of different ones. I got a 20v SDS there last week which seems much better than the other one. It wasn't expensive either though. Maybe £30 odd

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Their new lild plus app is working great for them, i had to go today to get my free burbon creams, now i have to go back within 7 days to get my free bubbly chocolate.

They'll be the ones laughing when you land out with the bubbly choc and a chainsaw 😅

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Btw if anyone gets the red and green flashing light on charger when charging battery's. There is a fix lol

Take a charged battery. Bit of wire with 2 spades ends on each end. Connect charged battery to uncharged one. Let it sit for a minute or two. Then plug it into charger.

Brought both my battery's back to life