Active Deal Lidl DIY /Tool Deals

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Lifted a trend compact tool box the other day and got the parkside specials in one place finally. Also have a tote (not pictured) with the 12v gear in it. Keeps it all together anyway.

Didn't realise I'd that many batteries lol

IMG_5113.jpg

4AA2EF98-7680-46D1-88A4-525D98E97766.jpg

IMG_5106.jpg

IMG_5107.jpg

IMG_5109.jpg

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Bought one of these today to have in the garage. Good amount of light off it for the money.
20211001_173010.jpg

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Was in getting my freebies this evening. I set my phone down on the counter and left it there after scanning my Lidl plus. Had to go skipping back in to retrieve it 🤣
1B26DA1F-7F97-4551-AF41-88ADDF1FE924.jpeg

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
The drill is about the only parkside tool I own that I would say felt a bit crap.

But it was £20 and has had a hard enough time and still seems to work.

Also had a battery go but they’re £12.99 each at the minute so it’s one of those things where it’s kind of forgiveable at the price point.

My biggest gripe is storing them all. The blow moulded cases are a pain and there doesn’t seem to be a good way of storing them in a way that they can be moved from the workshop out to wherever I’m working. I’ve a modular cart coming later today that will hopefully sort that problem out.
This bugs me too, I'd love a wall rack system to store batteries and hang tools but any I've seen have room for 4 tools and cost a clean fortune for what they are.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
This bugs me too, I'd love a wall rack system to store batteries and hang tools but any I've seen have room for 4 tools and cost a clean fortune for what they are.

I could 3D print them but there’s a guy selling bits on eBay to hold tools and batteries for about £3 each. Nearly bought them myself at that lol

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
I could 3D print them but there’s a guy selling bits on eBay to hold tools and batteries for about £3 each. Nearly bought them myself at that lol
What were you searching to find those?
I mean this kind of thing with more tool hooks and preferably cheaper haha.

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
Drives
Old VWs
If you've already got the tools etc and nowhere to hang or them why don't you make a custom rack for yourself with some wood, using them very tools lol.

I've seen a few good workbench set ups on here you could maybe get ideas from.

eamon343

RMS Regular
If you've already got the tools etc and nowhere to hang or them why don't you make a custom rack for yourself with some wood, using them very tools lol.

Need tool storage, so buy tools to make storage, need more storage, so buy more tools, need more storage.........

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Lots of holders on eBay. This one looked good to me for the batteries.

Then there's wall holders for the chargers and holders for the tools themselves using the battery clip. Find suitable mounting surface, screw them in and job jobbed.

For all they are on there it wasn't even worth taking one of my own printers offline to knock a batch out tbh.

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
Drives
Old VWs
Need tool storage, so buy tools to make storage, need more storage, so buy more tools, need more storage.........
As I said, IF he's already got the tools, which I'm assuming he does as he's asking about racks to put racks to put them on, then that doesn't apply to my suggestion lol

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular

Yeh that's time and a degree of skill, both of which are in very short supply round here... I'd rather throw money at the situation. The battery holders look great through I'll be getting some of those.
I ideally want a strip of the reverse ie 3d printed feet of the battery side to wall mount so I can hang half a dozen of them.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
They're on the leaflet again for this Thursday @Lyons .

Edit...sorry its a different LED worklight.
Screenshot_20211012-133011_Chrome.jpg

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/20/590x/secondary/Escape-to-the-Chateau-****-Strawbridge-2805742.jpg?r=1607923683230
@hutchy_belfast

Couldn't find a better picture but what about a **** Strawbridge special? lol. Under the workbench (could do the same to a shelf or unit) - bit of drainpipe, section cut out, screwed in and there you go.
Makes them in one of the episodes.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Escape-to-the-Chateau-****-Strawbridge-2805742.jpg

@hutchy_belfast

Couldn't find a better picture but what about a **** Strawbridge special? lol. Under the workbench (could do the same to a shelf or unit) - bit of drainpipe, section cut out, screwed in and there you go.
Makes them in one of the episodes.

That’s what I have under my bench. Not much use if you want something to move around the workshop though!

1634042491370.jpeg

Edit- Mega LOLz at how tidy it was when I had just finished.

It’s literally impossible to keep it clear now, I can barely see any bench.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Best lamp is still wee yokes I made that clips into the 20v batteries. Even the one Lidl brought out themselves isn’t as good. It’s massive and somehow manages to spend most of its time blinding me instead of lighting the work space up.