Liquid Wrap Range Now Available From Paints & Components Ltd

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Our first delivery of a range of Frost Liquid Wrap products is arriving tomorrow (Friday 25th April).

The range is from the well known English company Frost, who we will be sole Agents for in Northern Ireland. Frost have developed their Liquid Wrap products specifically for automotive use, unlike the Plasti-Dip range which was initially developed for tools.

Liquid Wrap gives a smoother finish than Plasti-Dip, and also has the advantage of not needing to be thinned and can be applied directly to a prep'd car.

I have included a video from YouTube below which gives you an idea of what liquid wrap is all about, albeit this video uses Plasti-Dip. Great for doing wheels, chrome trim, wing mirrors, grilles, badges, motorbike parts or entire vehicles. It has a huge range of uses and we expect it to be a great seller.

Aerosol options:

Matt black
Matt white
Gun Metal Grey
Aluminium
Camo green
Metallic Blue
Clear
Red
Colour enhancer

Gallons:

Matt black
Gun Metal Grey
Matt white
Base coat

We are also stocking the electric spray gun system for anyone who would be doing entire cars using the gallons.

Please drop me a PM if you want anything priced.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
If I get my new car any time soon ill need the Matt black to try out on the grill so ill definitely be contacting you!

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Stuff for the pending baby or liquid wrap......

I also think you should have a demonstration day, and use the Soarer.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
I'd love to do the chrome parts of the abarth in Matt black. How many cans do you think that would take Graeme?

If you could also give me a rough indication of price Inc delivery I'd very much appreciate it

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Prices range from £11-15 or so for aerosols depending on colour, metallic/alu are the more expensive ones and standard colours are the cheaper. I have still to finalise prices in the morning for the 5L and see whether we're going to offer 1L tins too.

We'll offer a deal on purchases of more than 1 aerosol though.

@andy_gdon I don't think we'll be posting, so it'll be collection from our shop in Ballymoney, although I can get orders sent to a supplier we deal with in Mallusk. An aerosol is enough to do an entire wheel, so I'd say one aerosol should be enough to do your chrome parts. :grinning:

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
Great to get a supplier in NI as said above. i will certainly be entertaining a few cans or 5l tins of this.

do you have a cost yet for the electric spray gun Graeme?

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
The ideas running through my head at the moment...

So glad to see a stockist!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
That's our stock order in now and ready to go.

Special introductory deals on aerosols for this week only:

- Base colour aerosols only £10 each = black, white, gunmetal grey, blue, red & camo green
- Metallic Blue and aluminium aerosols only £12 each
- Colour enhancer aerosols only £11 each

Drop me a PM if you're interested in any of these products. :grinning:

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Hi men, will be calling in Tuesday afternoon for a can or two of the black liquid wrap.

Is there some in stock? Thanks

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
This stuff comes off again like plastidip? Is the gun metal gloss finish?

Cheers

Yes Adam, it's the exact same type of product as Plasti-Dip, only the Frost version is purpose made for automotive use and leaves a smoother finish than Plasti-Dip. PD was designed for tools originally, so it's very thick out of the tin and needs to be thinned before applying to a car. No need for thinning with Frost Liquid Wrap.

Gun Metal is a matt finish.

Reactions: dub

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
I'd be tempted to have a go at this with the Evo
Love white an if it doesn't work out, just peel it off

@Woodcutter can you on me a price for what's needed for a full car

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
dip your car suggests about 3-4 gallons for a whole car the size of an evo (not sure how coverage compares to this Frost stuff and i suppose you also have to take thinning into consideration as Graeme says) . there is some good tutorials on youtube if you were planning to do it.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Yes Adam, it's the exact same type of product as Plasti-Dip, only the Frost version is purpose made for automotive use and leaves a smoother finish than Plasti-Dip. PD was designed for tools originally, so it's very thick out of the tin and needs to be thinned before applying to a car. No need for thinning with Frost Liquid Wrap.

Gun Metal is a matt finish.

Cheers G

Is there a glossifier available for this as well? Or would plastidip glossifier work on it?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
I'd be tempted to have a go at this with the Evo
Love white an if it doesn't work out, just peel it off

@Woodcutter can you on me a price for what's needed for a full car

PM'd. :grinning:

Cheers G

Is there a glossifier available for this as well? Or would plastidip glossifier work on it?

We don't currently have a gloss/lacquer, we're waiting for our supplier to come up with it. They're sending me an aerosol of Plasti-Dip glossifier to try on a front wing we have painted gun metal grey, so I'll report back once that's glossed up. I have to say the gun metal looks great in person! I'll post a few pics shortly. :grinning:

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Here are a couple of pics of a partially sprayed wing, which was really rough and chosen to show just how good the coverage is. This is 5 fine coats and about 2/3 of an aerosol of Gun Metal Grey used. There's a nice subtle metallic flake through it.

50/50 shot:

Covered area in the sunshine:

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
yeah I got a can of plastidip there and its wenk.

Think Ill take a run up and grab a black and a matt grey @Woodcutter

I'm in Belfast on Friday night, if you want some I can meet you with it, or anyone else who can't make it to our shop in Ballymoney.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.