Liquid Wrap Range Now Available From Paints & Components Ltd

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
amps/volts
Frost liquid wrap with chameleon pearl added - this is black frost wrap as sold by Woodcutter:
10517525_654597574626362_6390002071660281028_n.jpg

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
amps/volts
Another +1 For this product as sold by Paints and components
This is the black base 5L can, mixed with 50g of Indigo chameleon pearl, and 50g of Amber chameleon, with 50g of gold holo flake thrown in for good measure. It changes between gold, bronze, and purple while still being semi-subtle over a dark base.
Such a versatile product

IMG_4087.JPG

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Another +1 For this product as sold by Paints and components
This is the black base 5L can, mixed with 50g of Indigo chameleon pearl, and 50g of Amber chameleon, with 50g of gold holo flake thrown in for good measure. It changes between gold, bronze, and purple while still being semi-subtle over a dark base.
Such a versatile product

View attachment 61312

That looks absolutely awesome! :cool:

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
amps/volts
Ps. I probably wouldnt need to do it in that order but its how ive always worked with paint
This stuff repairs well, ive even used a scalpel to cut a section away that has been damaged, spray a little over the cut lines, this re-melts the area, which with a little dab will feather the cut edge. It will melt every time solvent is applied, so over spraying it again will level the area. Its lethal!

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
@Woodcutter missus car has a few marks and were thinking of using this for a bit of crack until new car is decided in.
She is looking blue but maybe comething not as outlandish as syes miata. can the colour be toned down and bit and given more of a gloss finish?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
@Woodcutter missus car has a few marks and were thinking of using this for a bit of crack until new car is decided in.
She is looking blue but maybe comething not as outlandish as syes miata. can the colour be toned down and bit and given more of a gloss finish?

The fancy colours like the wee MX5 are individual, the guys made that up themselves by mixing a few colours and adding some metallic flake.

As for gloss finish, I have just fired our supplier an email to see if their lacquer product is ready yet, it was in development last time I spoke with them.

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
amps/volts
IMG_3813[1].JPG
@Woodcutter She is looking blue but maybe comething not as outlandish as syes miata. can the colour be toned down and bit and given more of a gloss finish?

Dont rule out black as a base coat either - this is black with a dark blue pearl - it could be made to look more blue by adding more pearl, we backed off at this amount as Connor wanted it somewhere between blue and black

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
amps/volts
I can vouch for Woodcutters Liquid wrap for over 2 years at present - its only real enemy is solvents, petrol, and diesel. If applied right I can stand with my powerhose at nearly point blank and it stands up to it. On wheels its only really been affected by a change of tyres where the fitting tool marked the finish at the edges, otherwise its withstood being outside all winter on the car, ice etc, and has even had moss growing on it without discolouration until I finally bothered my hole to powerwash it. Snowfoam etc all A-ok.
Glimmerman Endurance trim shine is the rod for making it have a great sheen too, and even helps it repel dirt and water.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Do you guys inform insurance when doing a whole car! It looks like interesting stuff! Would be tempted to give it a go sometime

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Do you guys inform insurance when doing a whole car! It looks like interesting stuff! Would be tempted to give it a go sometime

No need as it's a temporary colour change, like an actual wrap, which can be removed.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
No need as it's a temporary colour change, like an actual wrap, which can be removed.
It might cause hassle if stopped by the cops and your car a different color as to what its registered to be,

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Maybe you ar better telling them, definitely don't have to change the colour on the tax book.

Don't think you have tell the insurance but might save some hassle

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
amps/volts

Yes, I advised Adrian Flux up front, they said it was a requirement anyhow as the colour was reflected in statistics - they did not charge me any difference however

It might cause hassle if stopped by the cops and your car a different color as to what its registered to be,
^^^This, if its insured as green but not as pink for example, its not insured - its the tax book issue thats the more debated one - for example commercial vehicles are generally white, then wrapped to suit, Tayto for example use white sprinters then have them wrapped up - the chassis remains white

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.