Liquid Yellow Clio 220 Trophy

Dmur197

RMS Regular
OP
Dmur197
Following my previous car trends, I started researching exhausts...

There wasn’t much information on forums on what the general favourite system for them is. Scorpion, Milltek and GT Performance all make systems for them, but from what I could find they all sounded near enough the same.

I ended up choosing the GT Performance one, mainly because it was one of the only systems that had 2 variations. The resonated and non resonated. Most manufacturers only have the resonated one.

FECADBE7-005D-4CA2-A087-637A3EC6FC7A.jpeg

70B96F44-8F0B-4EFD-836A-D761B91FF609.jpeg

As these were both by GT Performance, the back section was interchangeable so I bought one with both rear sections with the intention of giving both a go, expecting the non res to be too loud, but curious enough to want to try it anyway.

The non res version was much better than I had expected. It sounded surprisingly well (not like a system that just had all the silencers cut out) It was quite loud getting up to speed, but wasn’t droney at all on motorways. And the bangs it made on upshifts were hilarious.

After having that on for a while I thought I would try swapping the rear sections and fitting the resonated one.

C162FB78-FD51-4A40-BE73-C9653133C632.jpeg

Here is the 2 rear sections on the ground for comparison.

1A69B816-8EEF-4CFF-9F8E-4E207029D948.jpeg

And then the resonated rear section fitted to the car.

7C876C41-1A8B-460A-8A60-700148DC4EF3.jpeg

It has a nice sound to it, but really isn’t all that much louder than standard. I would say I’ll get bored some day and refit the loud version at some point.

Last edited:

Dmur197

RMS Regular
OP
Dmur197
One of the things on the top of my list of things to have done to the Clio was get the grey blade wrapped black to go with the rest of the black trim. So a couple of weeks ago that finally happened...

15D22168-4B4D-467A-A831-C441946B199C.jpeg

59280D3F-8CE3-4B4A-8309-0944EC6DDD10.jpeg

I also got some new genuine mats that look 10 times better than the old ones.

9B0EAC97-D1DF-454B-AB70-745568824716.jpeg

53E3F9F3-7669-4887-9755-4C43001A69EA.jpeg

I then protected them with Fireball Ultimate Fabric Coat which makes any dirt or water just run off it... also did my shoes while I was at it 😂

DF53BB1B-D290-46FF-BA50-18C0C68403EE.jpeg

Lastly, I was aware that I needed a pair of tyres on the front quite soon, and a pair for the rears within the next few months. I found that there was a very poor selection of decent tyres available in 205/40/18 so had a look online and few a good deal on a pair of Michelin Pilot Sport 4’s and a pair of Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

3EC9B668-E5D8-415C-916A-9A284581BCF4.jpeg

Next on the list after getting tyres fitted will be a new rear defuser that will be getting painted black to tie in with the rest of the trim as there isn’t much grey left. It should be arriving on Monday 🤞🏼

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, it looks much better 👌 Any reason for wrapping and not just paint it?

Banish any remaining grey trim. Did the same on the Audi myself, much better for it.

civic_tom

RMS Regular
One of the things on the top of my list of things to have done to the Clio was get the grey blade wrapped black to go with the rest of the black trim. So a couple of weeks ago that finally happened...

View attachment 243811

View attachment 243825

I also got some new genuine mats that look 10 times better than the old ones.

View attachment 243812

View attachment 243814

I then protected them with Fireball Ultimate Fabric Coat which makes any dirt or water just run off it... also did my shoes while I was at it 😂

View attachment 243813

Lastly, I was aware that I needed a pair of tyres on the front quite soon, and a pair for the rears within the next few months. I found that there was a very poor selection of decent tyres available in 205/40/18 so had a look online and few a good deal on a pair of Michelin Pilot Sport 4’s and a pair of Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

View attachment 243821

Next on the list after getting tyres fitted will be a new rear defuser that will be getting painted black to tie in with the rest of the trim as there isn’t much grey left. It should be arriving on Monday 🤞🏼

Lovely car mate, colour is class.

Good shout on wrapping the grey blade also, it’s crazy how much it changes the front end, for the better. Much more aggressive.(y)

Dmur197

RMS Regular
OP
Dmur197
Yep, it looks much better 👌 Any reason for wrapping and not just paint it?

Banish any remaining grey trim. Did the same on the Audi myself, much better for it.
Thanks! I just liked the idea of being able to revert back to standard if I felt like it in the future without any hassle, and it was cheaper and wouldn’t take as long to do.

Looks great. Any plans to change the wheels?
No real plans yet no, I wasn’t too keen on the diamond cut originally but it has massively grown on me. I wouldn’t mind a set of them in anthracite though.

Dmur197

RMS Regular
OP
Dmur197
Lovely car mate, colour is class.

Good shout on wrapping the grey blade also, it’s crazy how much it changes the front end, for the better. Much more aggressive.(y)
Thanks! The liquid yellow was a must for me.

And I agree it definitely does add a lot to the front for all that has been done.

Dmur197

RMS Regular
OP
Dmur197
I was at the RMS drive/meet at Hallidays's of Bushmills last week, surprisingly that was one of the first car events I've taken the Clio to since buying it in April. Had a good time at it and saw some nice stuff at it, and obviously couldn't resist getting some proper pictures taken of it on the turntable - thanks to Jamie for that!

IMG_5017.JPG

IMG_5018.JPG

IMG_5019.JPG

IMG_5020.JPG

Afterwards we continued on driving up around the coast roads and found a decent photo location 👌

IMG_4825.jpg

61_Vert

RMS Regular
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
I love this car, i had Clios since my first job, first was a Williams (insurance was £2500 20 years ago :joy:) then went through 16V etc, my GF now wife used to hear me coming around the ormeau embankment (she lived on ravenhill avenue) a couple of minutes before i arrived due to the powerflow twin DTM :cool:

Dmur197

RMS Regular
OP
Dmur197
Had a look around this at the run last week. It’s lovely in the metal.
Thanks! the colour looks quite different in real life compared to pictures I think haha.

I love this car, i had Clios since my first job, first was a Williams (insurance was £2500 20 years ago :joy:) then went through 16V etc, my GF now wife used to hear me coming around the ormeau embankment (she lived on ravenhill avenue) a couple of minutes before i arrived due to the powerflow twin DTM :cool:
Thank you! The Williams would be worth a fortune now I'm sure haha And that must've been some noise to be heard that far 😂