Liquid Yellow Renault Megane RS 300 Trophy

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Thanks so much everyone. Genuinely delighted with the car!

That is mega! How do they drive compared to the last gen?

In terms of figures and performance on normal roads I would say very similar. On a B road though this would have the Mk3 every day of the week. It could be tyres (PS3 vs PS4s) but the 4 wheel steer improves turn in and grip massively.

Much more refined than the Mk3 also. Very comfortable while cruising along and everything interior wise is such a huge step up in quality. It’s not BMW/Mercedes interior quality but it has a more premium feel for sure.

Brakes give much more confidence too. I always thought the Mk3 brakes where poor and that was the same with the Mk3 Clio too. Calipers are the same but the bi-material discs must help aside from looking better 😃.

Unreal Eddie, immense car and spec, and the Akrapovic is the cherry on top! Had a nosey around a black one a few months ago, real nice in the metal, but was no where near this spec.

You still got those Recaro Sportster CS seat covers you picked up from me a few years back, could come in handy yet again ;)

HTD!

Still have them! They will be fitted soon enough though it is a shame to cover up the seats!

There must be a support group you can join to help with your Renault addiction?

Don't know much about the modern RS stuff but that looks well. LY is beautiful.
Haha! With the end of the Renaultsport brand imminent this will be the last I would say. Anything else I’m remotely interested in RS wise will be huge money.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I think I was behind this on Upper N’ards Road yesterday afternoon, near Stormont Hotel. It has so much road presence!

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Absolutely lovely car this, been trying to coax the wife into one as a new car!

The wheels are one of the nicest I’ve seen on a car, de chrome is must, did it in my gtc vxr and transforms it!

Health to enjoy it!

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
In that colour easily the best looking hot hatch there is , and with the 4ws and the way it turns in , a real drivers car !
Would love one , congrats on your choice.

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
No changes to report but there will be some modifications in the next couple of weeks. I mentioned in my first post that I’ve always lowered every car I’ve owned and the Trophy isn’t going to be any different.

I had been considering springs but they always feel like a compromise and I’d have it in the back of my head that I should have went for coilovers. Done a bit of research and took advice from fellow owners and opted for KW V3. Contacted @Blackline who are great to deal with, very accommodating and great at keeping in touch and the coilovers arrived earlier this week. Booked in for mid Feb and looking forward to getting them installed.

I have had a set of 15mm Eibach spacers which I bought for my previous 275. I *think* they will fit the Trophy so will probably ask the guys at Blackline to pop them on for me. Ideally I’d have done without spacers and ran a different offset wheel but I like the Fujilight wheels too much.

CA6ECCAF-2485-4283-9A3F-44EF80F2AE2E.jpeg

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
No changes to report but there will be some modifications in the next couple of weeks. I mentioned in my first post that I’ve always lowered every car I’ve owned and the Trophy isn’t going to be any different.

I had been considering springs but they always feel like a compromise and I’d have it in the back of my head that I should have went for coilovers. Done a bit of research and took advice from fellow owners and opted for KW V3. Contacted @Blackline who are great to deal with, very accommodating and great at keeping in touch and the coilovers arrived earlier this week. Booked in for mid Feb and looking forward to getting them installed.

I have had a set of 15mm Eibach spacers which I bought for my previous 275. I *think* they will fit the Trophy so will probably ask the guys at Blackline to pop them on for me. Ideally I’d have done without spacers and ran a different offset wheel but I like the Fujilight wheels too much.

View attachment 348466
Had them in the r26 and they were a great job 👍.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Have the v3 them in my vxr a few years now, epic coilovers when on the right settings, I’m putting a set on my 981 too

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Have the v3 them in my vxr a few years now, epic coilovers when on the right settings, I’m putting a set on my 981 too

I had Bilstein B14 in my 265 & 275 and they where great but Bilstein don’t do a kit for this car. The V3 are an impressive looking kit though and will be a few steps ahead of the B14’s I should imagine!

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
They are great, only issue I had is that I found, depending on how much you lower your car and how firm you run it, you can crush the dust covers on the front (if it bottoms out too much, (depends on your set up as my rear springs are separate and dust cover had nothing to compress aginst) ) I had to cut about 15mm off mine as the end of them was squashed, not easy in situ but they turned out fine, I just make sure they don’t go months without a pressure wash tbh.
F60278AE-56DF-46AF-8FBF-E179DB1724E1.jpeg

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
They are great, only issue I had is that I found, depending on how much you lower your car and how firm you run it, you can crush the dust covers on the front (if it bottoms out too much, (depends on your set up as my rear springs are separate and dust cover had nothing to compress aginst) ) I had to cut about 15mm off mine as the end of them was squashed, not easy in situ but they turned out fine, I just make sure they don’t go months without a pressure wash tbh.View attachment 348482

How much did you lower yours by? Any VXR always looked like it sat quite low from standard anyway. I think I’ll probably lower it around 25mm-30mm, something like that. Will see how it sits when lowered by 25mm then decide from there 😃.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
How much did you lower yours by? Any VXR always looked like it sat quite low from standard anyway. I think I’ll probably lower it around 25mm-30mm, something like that. Will see how it sits when lowered by 25mm then decide from there 😃.
I lowered mine approx 25mm at the rear and 15mm at the front, the rear always sat a bit high to me, looks the biz now I must admit.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Thanks, yours is the only other hot hatch I’d have tbh! Lovely colour too!

I went metallic black on my vxr, only ever seen one other one on the road in black so quite rare! Does look mean as now it’s lower.

300trophy

RMS Regular
OP
300trophy
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
So I had the KW V3’s and Eibach black spacers installed by @Blackline last week. First thing to say is that Blackline are fantastic to deal with. Great communication throughout from the parts being ordered right through to pick up.

The kit itself is incredible quality. Having ran Bilstein B14’s on my 265 & 275 I would say there is a considerable difference in quality. Ride quality is excellent (better than standard Trophy suspension) and I think the car sits fantastic now lowered with 16mm spacers all round.

048D052D-DF63-4B1C-B68A-946C3013ADA0.jpeg

40B05839-0C8D-4CD3-82AD-8E9EA5ABC472.jpeg

6368F454-8CF8-47D5-8A70-B5CFB6C0BB55.jpeg

And how the car now sits;

CAC7CE94-906A-4E4E-998F-4DBC7A287570.jpeg

2C64A272-8546-478E-A337-ECAB1A20E3C7.jpeg

B5A1C339-739D-4051-A537-0929C07788D7.jpeg

6CBB113C-3E06-4E77-B097-77C8837FF2BA.jpeg

Initial thoughts where that it sat too low but the drive home was fine. I will see how it is over the next while as I don’t want it to foul the arches.

Exterior modifications are complete with the exception of some PPF to be applied to the butter soft gloss black pillar trims and I’m going to have a section on the rear arch PPF also.

Further plans are to add some Forge goodies. Namely their intake & turbo inlet adapter. The car already has some Forge bits such as oil cap and boost hose kit.

I’ve also entered it into Dubshed as there are indoor spaces available for any manufacturer.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Glad to hear you like them! Love mine, quality bit of kit tbh! Car looks fantastic on them

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
So I had the KW V3’s and Eibach black spacers installed by @Blackline last week. First thing to say is that Blackline are fantastic to deal with. Great communication throughout from the parts being ordered right through to pick up.

The kit itself is incredible quality. Having ran Bilstein B14’s on my 265 & 275 I would say there is a considerable difference in quality. Ride quality is excellent (better than standard Trophy suspension) and I think the car sits fantastic now lowered with 16mm spacers all round.

View attachment 350511

View attachment 350516

View attachment 350510

And how the car now sits;

View attachment 350512

View attachment 350513

View attachment 350514

View attachment 350515

Initial thoughts where that it sat too low but the drive home was fine. I will see how it is over the next while as I don’t want it to foul the arches.

Exterior modifications are complete with the exception of some PPF to be applied to the butter soft gloss black pillar trims and I’m going to have a section on the rear arch PPF also.

Further plans are to add some Forge goodies. Namely their intake & turbo inlet adapter. The car already has some Forge bits such as oil cap and boost hose kit.

I’ve also entered it into Dubshed as there are indoor spaces available for any manufacturer.
Looks great, though a little low for me - but hey we're all different. If we all liked the same thing - it would be a dull dull world. Your car - so health to drive and enjoy!!!