Little jack and jumping jack usb and car chargers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
We've just taken on the full range of Jacks.

The little jacks are superb, small, very well packaged and both work and look well. Starting off at £9.99 all in they're the perfect christmas present. Can charge almost any phone and also does the likes of lap tops.

Little Jack Portable USB Chargers » Jumping Jack

The Jumping jacks are designed for starting cars. They're small (not much bigger than an iPhone 6+) and I've personally tried one on a 3.0 v6 that was barely switching the dash lights on, started it no problem at all. They also come with leads to charge computers/phones etc and the new one comes with a compressor.

Jumping Jack » Jumping Jack

Margins are tight on these but I'll give 10% to rms members and include post where necessary.

5y7se0.jpg

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Just to bump this thread up, I picked one of these up this evening from Simon when I was collecting a LED lenser for a customer gift.

The video he showed me demonstrating it working is nothing short of amazing.

A brilliant wee thing I'll keep in the car with me, or likely the van as its giving an intermittent fault which seems to require jump starting.

Thanks again @lightning -- pleasure as always

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Put a little video together to show the capabilities of the jumping jack.

This is our old limo, 2.9 litre straight 6 24 valve. She has a battery drain somewhere so most weekends it's flat. In this instance we had very dim dash lights but that was it.

Marc

RMS Moderator
I reckon next time you are making a video you would be best showing the car not starting, then switch on the Jumping Jack showing it starting.

I have seen these in action although it was a smaller version it was a great job and done what it was supposed to do, the video above could mean nothing if the car battery would start the car on its own :grinning:

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
I reckon next time you are making a video you would be best showing the car not starting, then switch on the Jumping Jack showing it starting.

I have seen these in action although it was a smaller version it was a great job and done what it was supposed to do, the video above could mean nothing if the car battery would start the car on its own :grinning:

I do have a video taken at the same time of the car not starting and us trying light jump leads and them not working, I use that video on other social media but it's long and boring so didn't post it on here.

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
We have husqvarna and mitox. 18" is a reasonable size, you'd really want 45cc. A mitox cs45
Top service and great products - that's a few stocking fillers sorted.

Highly recommended on both counts (y)

No worries good to get a chat :laughing:

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
I'm going to be investing in one of these shortly
Few wee questions though

If I jump a car, does it need charger to jump another or will it jump a few cars before needing charged

Few mates cars has terrible batteries an annoys me to bring a battery an leads out to jump them every farts end

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Few wee questions though

If I jump a car, does it need charger to jump another or will it jump a few cars before needing charged

Few mates cars has terrible batteries an annoys me to bring a battery an leads out to jump them every farts end
It will jump a couple of times at least before requiring recharging mate.

Brilliant units

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Few wee questions though

It says 20 times but realistically our own personal one does 6 or 7, and thats on the limo which is a 2.9 straight 6. You'll get more on a smaller engine.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Bump @lightning , my brother was just asking if i know anything about trickle chargers etc for his classic Mini. He only uses it every other week and the battery is always flat. He's not keen on the price or leaving a trickle charger on all the time. I remembered these gadgets and said I'd look into it. Would the cheapest one do the job for the wee Mini ?
Could you let me know prices of whatever you recommend please (y)

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Bump @lightning , my brother was just asking if i know anything about trickle chargers etc for his classic Mini. He only uses it every other week and the battery is always flat. He's not keen on the price or leaving a trickle charger on all the time. I remembered these gadgets and said I'd look into it. Would the cheapest one do the job for the wee Mini ?
Could you let me know prices of whatever you recommend please (y)

Yes the smallest one would do it no probs it does up to 2.5L. Rms price on it is £72, in stock ok!

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
The supermax has been dropped and to compensate they are reducing the price of the supermax compressor kit. I should know the new reduced price tomorrow so I'll let you know.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.