Local classic car insurance

will1588

RMS Regular
OP
will1588
Drives
Merc Est 1.8
Autoline Coleraine, we'll see next week how it goes when i stick another yoke onto classic cover...

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Autoline are great. Usually only admin fee plus a few quid to add another classic to a policy.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I’m about to renew with Autoline tomorrow. £180 for the scoob, no change from last year, can’t see anyone else beating that plus I’ve been with them years so it just easier to stay.

eamon343

RMS Regular
Autoline quoted me £170 for the mx5, but said i wasnt able to use it for commuting ever. If i ever have to go to the office on a nice day id like the option to take it

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Wouldn't insure me given the engine size and I'm not 30
I’ve all mine on an admiral multicar policy, find its just as cheap to have the classic ones on there with low mileage, I think the series is only about £100 after discounts.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
I’ve all mine on an admiral multicar policy, find its just as cheap to have the classic ones on there with low mileage, I think the series is only about £100 after discounts.
Yea I regret leaving admiral last month but the renewal for the f31 was double what I'm paying now.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Anyone else also drive it? might be worth trying to insure it in their name with you as a named driver, some people will get on like ur committing immoral fraud but if there is someone else that does actually drives it then fair enough in my eyes.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Anyone else also drive it? might be worth trying to insure it in their name with you as a named driver, some people will get on like ur committing immoral fraud but if there is someone else that does actually drives it then fair enough in my eyes.
Yeh worth a shout. I'm so fed up answering daft questions like 'is it petrol' after they quote you the engine cc. Obviously it's a petrol, it isn't a Scania 164. When they know details such as the engine cc then they are bound to know it isn't a diesel and it has 4 doors :rolleyes:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Autoline quoted me £170 for the mx5, but said i wasnt able to use it for commuting ever. If i ever have to go to the office on a nice day id like the option to take it

As in you can’t drive it in rush hour? How would they know you were going to your office? you could be off work and just going for a drive that day if god forbid you had an accident.

eamon343

RMS Regular
As in you can’t drive it in rush hour? How would they know you were going to your office? you could be off work and just going for a drive that day if god forbid you had an accident.

No idea, i didnt enquire anymore after they said that. Wouldnt want the hassle of being involved in something while going to or from work and having to lie about where i was going. Though we will probably be talking about a handful of times a year

sph

RMS Member
Insurance fronting is probably best avoided.

I've found multicar policies usually work out best in so far as adding a classic car especially if your annual mileage is quite low, say 5000 miles a year as a rough example.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Insurance fronting is probably best avoided.

I've found multicar policies usually work out best in so far as adding a classic car especially if your annual mileage is quite low, say 5000 miles a year as a rough example.
As I said only worth doing if it matches reality, I know our classic is driven equally by 3 people but which one is the policy holder varies the price drastically.

JH86

RMS Regular
Milage can't be proven just pay the guts of 400 and forget about it for a year

Unless your one of these no wet days guys then aye that's a bit steep

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Renewed with auto line last week. They also increased the insured valuation from £9k to £18k which put the premium up to £225 for the year instead of £180 but I was able to get £25 off when I said that I was a member of the Type RA owners club, so anyone using them, sign up to your owners club for a discount. Happy enough with £200 as that includes any mods.

JH86

RMS Regular
Renewed with auto line last week. They also increased the insured valuation from £9k to £18k which put the premium up to £225 for the year instead of £180 but I was able to get £25 off when I said that I was a member of the Type RA owners club, so anyone using them, sign up to your owners club for a discount. Happy enough with £200 as that includes any mods.
Tbh you can't beat that after they have acknowledged the value of the car increase

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I thought it was very fair. He Said anything higher if they continue to go up will need an independent valuation but they said they would accept a written valuation from the owner of the type ra owners club (y)

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
Sounds like I need to move to autoline. My 106 is £400 and the Audi is £720, they were the cheapest I could get online with 1st choice.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Ended up paying £350 fully comp which is a couple of tanks of petrol I suppose