Turbo'd Locost Kit Car - chasing 300bhp!

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
I vowed not to touch vinyl after wrapping the civic, and I've stuck to my word on that too lol. Soapy water is key though and felt squeegee.

Great progress as always, how are you getting on with the electrics? (I've probably missed some thread). Seems like you're approaching the home stretch.

x2. A quick rub down & blow over of single stage paint drains me less than even thinking about wrapping does.

After thinking last night, I'm confident that I can do it right so I am going to give it another go today. The nose cone, obviously because of its odd shape, is very difficult but if I can get that done then the rest is plain sailing.

I ended up ordering a full custom engine and car wiring loom as well as a MaxxECU - it wasn't an easy spend but I wasn't keen on spending anymore time melted over wiring. It will also be the perfect length to suit th car so will look very tidy. It should arrive this week and in theory, I should be able to just plug it in and crack on!

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Persistence is the key to success! Pretty happy with this!

jESW6Up.jpg

uKHnJnH.jpg

ZnhBFrh.jpg

Now onto the scuttle and rear panel! Still not finished the bonnet so will hopefully sort that tomorrow before vinyl

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
I had a helping hand for a couple of hours today so I made a lot of progress.....

- Aluminium side panels cut finished (have to yet to wrap - carbon or nardo grey?)
- Scuttle panel wrapped and fitted
- Carbon aero screen trimmed and fitted
- Carbon dash fitted (need to run some IVA trim around it to finish + trim for steering column)
- Bulk head finished and fitted
- Rear bulkhead finished, carbon wrapped + fitted
- VVT pipes rubbed down and sprayed black with VHT paint

I'll let the pics do the talking....

RknHIdS.jpg

vhF2TWU.jpg

nBpxYsa.jpg

Y55Rrvd.jpg

hsVuMiR.jpg

dlztV4y.jpg

18GiXvz.jpg

Dnwzqwz.jpg

yA8zskK.jpg

obKi5cU.jpg

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
I had a helping hand for a couple of hours today so I made a lot of progress.....

- Aluminium side panels cut finished (have to yet to wrap - carbon or nardo grey?)
- Scuttle panel wrapped and fitted
- Carbon aero screen trimmed and fitted
- Carbon dash fitted (need to run some IVA trim around it to finish + trim for steering column)
- Bulk head finished and fitted
- Rear bulkhead finished, carbon wrapped + fitted
- VVT pipes rubbed down and sprayed black with VHT paint

I'll let the pics do the talking....

RknHIdS.jpg

vhF2TWU.jpg

nBpxYsa.jpg

Y55Rrvd.jpg

hsVuMiR.jpg

dlztV4y.jpg

18GiXvz.jpg

Dnwzqwz.jpg

yA8zskK.jpg

obKi5cU.jpg

That is unreal. Love the colour scheme you've chosen. I keep logging in to see the daily updates. You're getting very close to the finish line now!

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
That is unreal. Love the colour scheme you've chosen. I keep logging in to see the daily updates. You're getting very close to the finish line now!

Yes mate, it's motivating me more now thag I see it coming to the final stages. I planned to get all of the bodywork done by the end of Easter break. It was an ambitious goal but I got close. I'll take my time with the bonnet to get it as close to perfect as possible. Beyond that, it's just wiring etc.

avsd

RMS Regular
Drives
Mercedes/C350Est
Car looks brilliant. I would paint the side panels first. I think you might have too much carbon fibre.

Looking forward to the video of the engine firing up once the new harness is fitted :laughing:

Keep up the great work.

neil-c

RMS Regular
Definitely one of my favourite threads on RMS.

I agree with @avsd and think the carbon fibre could be a bit too much. I’d do the side panels in nardo grey and then maybe change the engine panels to grey also... but here, it’s your car! The nardo grey and green stripe looks incredible tho! It was definitely worth the effort of wrapping.

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Car looks brilliant. I would paint the side panels first. I think you might have too much carbon fibre.

Looking forward to the video of the engine firing up once the new harness is fitted :laughing:

Keep up the great work.

I'm thinking that myself. Problem is, the company I bought the nardo wrap from don't sell it anymore so getting an exact match might be difficult.

I'd say we're a week or two away from seeing it fired up ✌️✌️✌️

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Definitely one of my favourite threads on RMS.

I agree with @avsd and think the carbon fibre could be a bit too much. I’d do the side panels in nardo grey and then maybe change the engine panels to grey also... but here, it’s your car! The nardo grey and green stripe looks incredible tho! It was definitely worth the effort of wrapping.

Thanks mate, I think I will wrap the panels grey. I'll keep the engine panels as they are for now.... I'll probably change it all in a couple of months anyway lol