Long Way Up

warren

RMS Photographer
POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Anybody watched this yet? I binged through the 3 of them in one sitting at the weekend, loving it so far.

The electric bike in the middle of nowhere thing seems to be going about as well as I expected, will be tough going as they go forwards, but hopefully as they go up it gets warmer etc that may help them out.

The bikes do look brilliant, but at present it does almost seem like a documentary on range anxiety.

I feel like that black sprinter is going to be the star of the show lol

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
Think so, Ive a free year from a MacBook purchase, could be worth a free trial and a few months subscription to watch!

Or I'm sure there are other ways.... Haha

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Anybody watched this yet? I binged through the 3 of them in one sitting at the weekend, loving it so far.

The electric bike in the middle of nowhere thing seems to be going about as well as I expected, will be tough going as they go forwards, but hopefully as they go up it gets warmer etc that may help them out.

The bikes do look brilliant, but at present it does almost seem like a documentary on range anxiety.

I feel like that black sprinter is going to be the star of the show lol

Just posted in the entertainment section about this, agree that it looks great. Only managed the first episode last night, will probably watch the other two tonight.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Love it, the whole thing is a literal copy and paste of long way round and long way down, right down to the crew.

Mad that it's only really been the past few years that KTM have recovered in the touring/long distance market, how different things would have been now without the R1150GS

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
£5 a month for Apple TV isn’t bad. There’s some good shows on it.

Looking forward to getting the chance to sit down and watch this. I loved Long Way Round and Long Way Down (especially Charlie’s dismay at Ewan’s wife joining them for part of the trip), so have high hopes for this. Easy to say it was off the back of those shows that made me aspire to own an adventure bike and have a go at it myself, though a transglobal tour isn’t on the cards just yet... lol
Love it, the whole thing is a literal copy and paste of long way round and long way down, right down to the crew.

Mad that it's only really been the past few years that KTM have recovered in the touring/long distance market, how different things would have been now without the R1150GS

I imagine the guy responsible for pulling the KTM’s out of the LWR trip had to find a new job once it was discovered how popular the show would become, and BMW rubbed their hands together all the way to the bank...

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
He was a bit of a t**t, he just didn't want them making him look a **** on the road of bones (he'd ridden)

He looked like a **** when BMW sold the GS quicker than they built them 😂

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Was the guy that went to the Long Way Round office in London to check out their plans and route an employee of KTM? I can’t remember exactly who he was, but it was on his day so that they never got the KTM’s, wasn’t it?

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Was the guy that went to the Long Way Round office in London to check out their plans and route an employee of KTM? I can’t remember exactly who he was, but it was on his day so that they never got the KTM’s, wasn’t it?
Yep that's him in EP 2, both series on AppleTV as it happens

Last edited:

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Long way round wins it for me, and the sound track / album was so good.