Looking for a cheap short licence plate

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
Yes, I know you're all thinking "dreamer" - but read it first.

I'm just looking something that I can put on my bike (so it has to be 02 or earlier if it's dated) and I don't really care what it is. It's just too big currently being all F's and H's, so I can't compress it tidily down to a little skinny plate.
I have a couple of plates that are short-ish but I'm just putting it out there - I'm not after an NI single digit or anything like that, just something that will compress nicely. Something with lots of I's or 1's would be good (IIG7115 for instance), or a single digit old english plate (E7TYR for instance).
Those plates I know aren't worth much - because I've sold some in the past and I know they are cheap. Of course I sold all the ones that would be useful right now.
Previously I had an F40 plate that I massaged down to a very small area by sticking the 4 under the overhang of the F. So there's some scope to try out reg numbers other than your typical NI 3 digit. I've looked at all the DVLA ones but none are jumping out to me.

Anyway hit me up with what you've got.
I'm open to buying a pair as well as my Alfa and my Triumph will need short plates sometime in the future when I put them back on the road.

Oh, one stipulation - absolutely NO Z's whatsoever.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just do a search on the DVLA site. Some of the private reg places have good search features and then just look up whatever you find on the DVLA site.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
I've got S4 FPN here I'd let go for a few hundred quid.
Get a wee Fixed Penalty Notice for your bike

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Screenshot_20230329_114652_eBay.jpg

Last edited:

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Out of interest what is the issue with "z" on a plate, it's not the first time it's been mentioned.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I was once told that plates without a z are more desirable thus worth more.