Looking to get a new car,went to dealer, felt like they where telling me where to go

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Johnboy123

RMS Member
Drives
Vw golf
I went down to my local Bmw dealer recently looking to swap my current car to a newer model.Ive checked coast2coast and carwow so I knew what sort of deals where on the go.The guy kept saying he was giving an extra allowance for the car but he wouldn't give the exact figure.Kept saying we are giving you a margin.They have a car in stock but the spec an interior wasn't to appealing to me.Next thing got a call the flowing day to say there extra money in it.So the car at the showroom is slightly cheaper.i wasn't really interested,then got a call the following day telling me I have the choice of another one the car is more appealing but doesn't really have what I would like.I spoke to someone I know well and he suggested that I order one to the spec I want.I mentioned that to the sales guy and he said well you don't get as much contribution.I mentioned well I have quotes from car wow and coast2coast.He just said don't even start that, the sales manager would problably just tell you where to go.I laughed and said well there is places that will match it.So its your loss.He tried to play down the sites, but to be honest I felt like I was being being pressured and told where to go if I didn't like it.They didn't even want to look at the quote.Im not in any rush and can't really be bothered with the hassle.Might just leave it for a while.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Never was a fan of Barvarian went in to look at cars before I bought the 745 and they were too up themselves when I enquired about a few motors.

Anything I ever had to get from bmw came from country garage after that. Found them to be a lot more helpful and friendlier. Cheaper too for parts and labour

Johnboy123

RMS Member
OP
J
Drives
Vw golf
Never was a fan of Barvarian went in to look at cars before I bought the 745 and they were too up themselves when I enquired about a few motors.

Anything I ever had to get from bmw came from country garage after that. Found them to be a lot more helpful and friendlier. Cheaper too for parts and labour
Funnily enough a few guys I know have said that when I said to them.lol.Must give them a shout sometime when I get a chance.

therock

RMS Regular
Carwow etc are great I feel you're straight buying a new car. Trade in massively complicates matters and puts the ball in the dealers court

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
JKC were more than helpful when I bought mine. I dealt with Ryan Whyte and also took Coast2Coast quotes in.

Gemma

RMS Regular
I buy all my bmw parts from country garage as I find gordy, uel and Andy more than helpful, answer the phone super quick and parts are in from England that day and delivered to me the following day!

Also said if it came to me taking a car out on finance I would be going to country garage :grinning:

Last edited:

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
Cotswold on Cutters normally beats Country Garage I found!

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
My girlfriend went to get some parts from Bavarian for me recently and described it as the biggest gathering of overpriveledged white males she's ever seen lol

A lot of chat on here suggests going to a mainland dealer... Some even cover your travel and/or collect you from the airport (y)

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Used Andy at Country Garage for parts for the M3 and 335 over the last 5 years. Open to 6 every night and always a phone call without exception to let me know they were in. Superb service.

Quite unfair to compare one side of the business with the other but I know other RMS members who have bought from country and that it was a positive experience.

This doesn't help @Johnboy123 really but I presume buying any car from a dealer depends on things like how the salesman is doing against target, profit in the car, manufacturer quotas and many other factors that as a customer could really spoil your deal.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
As everyone has said there are four BMW dealers in Northern Ireland so you've lots of choice. Always heard great things about JKC & The Country Garage and I personally use Prentice and couldn't recommend them highly enough really.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Give Prentice a shout they are great to deal with. Never bought from Bavarian before but was in pricing a motor up and the salesman wasn't too bothered and was talking to me as if I was wasting his time. From the last 5 of my BMW's 4 have came from Prentice and they were always friendly and helpful.

jc7891

RMS Regular
From what I've seen about car wow and so on, the figures they quote like discount also include the manufacturer deposit contribution which a lot of people don't realise. And you only get a lot of these when financing. Not sure if they are all that way but I think most.

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
I find that a lot of staff in so-called 'premium' marque showrooms somehow think that they are a bit premium themselves, be it sales staff or even service advisors

Get real son, you still live at home with yer ma and you drive a borrowed car home very night. Your suit is from Primark and you have zero personality or likeability

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Doesn't surprise me at all, Alot of dealers on Boucher road are up their own holes

Yes agreed ... I walked into Jaguar one day, to get a part for the XF, in Canterburys and a t shirt and no one came near me for what felt like years lol

I finally noticed the service desk hidden in the corner so walked over and the guy left me standing at his desk for a few more minutes before he put his pen down looked me up and down and asked what I wanted (as rude as that).

Just said Parts dept, as I'm collecting something. As soon as he knew I was spending money he couldn't have been more helpful and asked me had I thouhght about a service plan etc. Jokers. The whole reason why I took the car to Stephen Groves Jaguar in the end.

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
From what I've seen about car wow and so on, the figures they quote like discount also include the manufacturer deposit contribution which a lot of people don't realise. And you only get a lot of these when financing. Not sure if they are all that way but I think most.
Not true. CawWoW gives you both a finance and a cash price.

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I find that a lot of staff in so-called 'premium' marque showrooms somehow think that they are a bit premium themselves, be it sales staff or even service advisors

Get real son, you still live at home with yer ma and you drive a borrowed car home very night. Your suit is from Primark and you have zero personality or likeability

Girlfriend worked in Audi Belfast and part reason for leaving was exactly this. So many cocks trying to prove themselves as top cock.

Now works in Boucher VW and loves it.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP

So true

KevM

RMS Regular
Someone coming in with a Carwow quote is a big turn-off for any salesperson.

If the general theme to this thread is salesperson arrogance, you want to experience being on the flip-side & dealing with an 'arrogant' customer with a carwow quote. Its cringe-worthy.... If you have been supplied quotes from other specific dealers, go to one and buy the car & stop acting the big-potato!

Im glad i dont sell new cars any more! lol

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D

Somebody call Baz Luhrmann, because we need some sunscreen in here :party:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.