Looking to get a new car,went to dealer, felt like they where telling me where to go

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Yes agreed ... I walked into Jaguar one day, to get a part for the XF, in Canterburys and a t shirt and no one came near me for what felt like years lol

I finally noticed the service desk hidden in the corner so walked over and the guy left me standing at his desk for a few more minutes before he put his pen down looked me up and down and asked what I wanted (as rude as that).

Just said Parts dept, as I'm collecting something. As soon as he knew I was spending money he couldn't have been more helpful and asked me had I thouhght about a service plan etc. Jokers. The whole reason why I took the car to Stephen Groves Jaguar in the end.

I have the polar opposite opinion of Jaguar. I walked in one day wearing combat camo shorts and the salesman was nothing but nice as pie to me, talking away and encouraging me to go have a look at and jump into the new F-types.

I guess everyone has on and off days, but if they're having an off day, it really shouldn't show to customers, as now you have a bad opinion of them and probably would avoid them if you wanted a Jag.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Someone coming in with a Carwow quote is a big turn-off for any salesperson.

If the general theme to this thread is salesperson arrogance, you want to experience being on the flip-side & dealing with an 'arrogant' customer with a carwow quote. Its cringe-worthy.... If you have been supplied quotes from other specific dealers, go to one and buy the car & stop acting the big-potato!

Im glad i dont sell new cars any more! lol

Obviously arrogance is annoying no matter who it comes from, but whats wrong with getting a few quotes and trying to get dealers to beat or match them?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I have the polar opposite opinion of Jaguar. I walked in one day wearing combat camo shorts and the salesman was nothing but nice as pie to me, talking away and encouraging me to go have a look at and jump into the new F-types.

I guess everyone has on and off days, but if they're having an off day, it really shouldn't show to customers, as now you have a bad opinion of them and probably would avoid them if you wanted a Jag.

Exactly, Ive bad days myself in work, like everyone, however you have to maintain a sense of professionalism regardless of personal issues.

He just couldn't be bother until I told him I was in to spend money.

Nice to hear though they all aren't like that. On another note though the guy that runs their parts department is a real sound guy.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Having bought from Bavarian , Country garage and Prentice , and view a couple in JKC , i would drive the extra distance to avoid Bavarian.

Agreed also. JKC were brilliant for my M3 and 335i. Traveling the extra distance was no issues after speaking with them over the phone.

KevM

RMS Regular
Obviously arrogance is annoying no matter who it comes from, but whats wrong with getting a few quotes and trying to get dealers to beat or match them?

We've all seen Charlie & the Chocolate factory. A group of spoilt brats with bad attitudes rock up with their Golden tickets & a sense of entitlement. But the humble lad with a ticket & a bit of appreciation & decency wins!

Be like Charlie - lol

Neil_M

RMS Regular
You done nothing wrong there... It's just the typical dealership mentality to dismiss anything that conflicts with the price they want to sell the car to you at.

If that's the attitude they have, just take your business elsewhere. My vote would be Country Garage or JKC.

Don't mean to patronise, just be totally blunt with them about your experience as I'm sure they would be happy for your custom.

I buy all my bmw parts from country garage as I find gordy, uel and Andy more than helpful, answer the phone super quick and parts are in from England that day and delivered to me the following day!

100% :grinning:

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Girlfriend worked in Audi Belfast and part reason for leaving was exactly this. So many cocks trying to prove themselves as top cock.

Now works in Boucher VW and loves it.

100% Ian. There were only a handful of people as down to earth in said dealership, which defeats the point in a business that should be based around customer service.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Its a bit silly really as its not like they are the only people seling said product.

Be an arrogant idiot then customer will go to another dealer and the salesman who wasn't a p***k will get the comission

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Agree with a lot said here about Belfast car dealers. Always felt the same walking into a Belfast car dealer like I was beneath them.

So on day I went to collect my new car I put on a pair of shorts and tshirt, I wasn't getting dressed up to blend in. Felt comfortable and didn't care. My sales man was 100%. In saying that I've moved my business to portadown which is total opposite. Customer focused and friendly.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
The fellas on Boucher don't make things easy, I could give you a long drawn out example very recently from Merc Belfast, but the short version is that a car is being ordered via Carwow...

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
The fellas on Boucher don't make things easy, I could give you a long drawn out example very recently from Merc Belfast, but the short version is that a car is being ordered via Carwow...
It's madness. They really could have a lot more Business if they all treated the peasant customers who actually want to buy a car better.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Only ever been in buying parts from Bavarian in either my modified E28 or E34 (just old cars to some) or for a past job leaving cars in/picking them up and never had a bad experience tbh, usually a bit of chat about them too. Last time I got coffee and asked for it to go, no problem at all!

Heard great things about JKC and Country Garage, never got up to either and in all honesty BMW Classic is just easier for brand new parts for me I find.

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
Merc Belfast told me there were no discounts to be had...... shame the AMG guy was a nice enough chap but soon stopped me ordering anything there!

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Merc Belfast told me there were no discounts to be had...... shame the AMG guy was a nice enough chap but soon stopped me ordering anything there!
This what happened at BMW?
giphy.gif

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T

I found it to be the opposite, out of BMW, audi etc merc seemed to be doing the best discounts

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
I found it to be the opposite, out of BMW, audi etc merc seemed to be doing the best discounts
Probably depends on the model. I was looking at a GTS and he said "it's a boutique model with no discount" yet I got 6% almost instantly from CarWow. The C63S he quoted like 4% or so. CarWow was 12% instantly.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Had two bad experiences with Bavarian, really made to feel not good enough to be there, trying to Parts on the phone is a nightmare too..

I've then always used Country Garage for my M3 and Clubsport servicing.
Parts couldn't be friendlier and phone is answered immediately.... Straightaway they were asking were I was working and they'd deliver it to me no problems if needed...
Even having a wonder around the forecourt they couldn't be more friendly...

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Probably depends on the model. I was looking at a GTS and he said "it's a boutique model with no discount" yet I got 6% almost instantly from CarWow. The C63S he quoted like 4% or so. CarWow was 12% instantly.

Most likely, why discount something that someone will pay full price for? You only need to offer a discount on something that is not shifting.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
And the polar opposite for the affordable cars out there, we spied a 208 in curtis coleraine that we liked the look of, rang up and they brought the car to newtownabbey franchise for us to view as it was closer to home. we drove the car done a deal and i called into coleraine when passing one day to sort paperwork and payment (they offered to come to newtownabbey to sort this also but since i was up north it worked ok for me).

a few days later we collected car from newtownabbey, personal reg transferred and on the car and all - top marks @RCT

cant see many of the high end dealers offering me and her a cup of water never mind that sort of service

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Agree with a lot said here about Belfast car dealers. Always felt the same walking into a Belfast car dealer like I was beneath them.

So on day I went to collect my new car I put on a pair of shorts and tshirt, I wasn't getting dressed up to blend in. Felt comfortable and didn't care. My sales man was 100%. In saying that I've moved my business to portadown which is total opposite. Customer focused and friendly.

Was it Philip?

I recently phoned a dealership and was chatting to a "salesman" enquired about a vehicle they had for sale and it was sold, I said sorry it's still on your website that's why I called. He said no it isn't and while on the phone said to someone why is that vehicle still on the website as this person has called looking it. I said well can you give me some info on the new ones, he said if you go to the website you can have a look at the spec etc.

After gauging he didn't want to speak with me at all, I said I will call up and see the demo. He said its lent out and don't know when it will be back on so I will call you, didn't hear anything for 2 weeks so said to the wife let's head up as I was off work. Walked into the showroom and was met by the owner of the franchise who knows my wife's parents very well. He said what are you after, I said I am up for a look as I am reluctant to purchase from your dealership. He asked why ( think he was sorry he did ) I told him his salesman was ignorant and explained what happened, he said well this guy will look after you and who was it you where talking to on the phone. I said his name and he said look, I will look after you and deal with the other.

Few weeks on and we are in the process of getting the vehicle ordered. Other guy couldn't do enough or be more helpful. When I was in the other guy even looked unhelpful.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.