Lotus Exige V6S

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Very nice Coop, health to drive!
Is it comfortable enough for a tall guy?
If I was any taller I think I would have an issue with head height, control position, visibility.

The seats are fixed back, there’s no rake adjustment on the steering column so there’s little to adjust.

I was concerned that once I was actually using the car that it would be uncomfortable but thankfully not the case.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Oh yes! That is beautiful! Between this and the Lexus you have quite the fleet now.

Health to drive (y)

Neil_M

RMS Regular
What a fine choice sir, I like it.

I didn't get a look round it at Kirkistown unfortunately. I hope to see it doing laps there soon though!

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Very nice. You need to get it on track for sure to fully appreciate their capabilities. Keep thinking about changing mine for the V6 for the noise alone.
Did you get it from a dealer up round Coleraine?

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Very nice. You need to get it on track for sure to fully appreciate their capabilities. Keep thinking about changing mine for the V6 for the noise alone.
Did you get it from a dealer up round Coleraine?
Did indeed Derek. Can't wait to get it out - had the opportunity on Sunday but it was day 2 of ownership and decided to be sensible. I read that there is a fair amount of built in understeer, some of which can be dialled out with geo so no doubt that, tyre choice etc will all come into it. On the road it is epic. Blisteringly rapid.

Did you see this? Lotus Cars 70th Anniversary at Hethel

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Awwww yes!!! Heard one of these go up the hill at Goodwood this year and immediately went straight over to Lotus to have a look. They sound incredible on full chat!

Lovely colour and spec and I agree the venom red leather is a much nicer colour in person than in photos.

Health to drive.

P.S. - with a Toyota engine doesn't this make it just like the Lexus? :p

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Did indeed Derek. Can't wait to get it out - had the opportunity on Sunday but it was day 2 of ownership and decided to be sensible. I read that there is a fair amount of built in understeer, some of which can be dialled out with geo so no doubt that, tyre choice etc will all come into it. On the road it is epic. Blisteringly rapid.

Did you see this? Lotus Cars 70th Anniversary at Hethel

Yes I seen that and Ballyrobert actually offered me two free tickets for it, but I am away that Sat.

I know with my car on the track when its dry and on the road too its really quite difficult to unstick the rear, much easier in the wet mind. Yes they do tend to have a bit of initial understeer but you should be able to balance it out with the throttle. You can get the tail out a bit for sure but you really have to provoke them into a slide with aggressive stearing and throttle inputs, they just have so much balance and grip at the rear when its dry. When they do slide you need to really quick to catch it or it just spins. Yours might be easier to catch with being longer wheelbase. In the dry though you will rarely ever be even close to spinning it on the public road such is the grip levels. I have spun mine a few times on the track but they say your not trying if you havent had a spin or two:p. Everytime I take mine out on the road it amazes me just how agile and quick they are on a twisty road compared to any regular car. My regular car is a Focus RS and its not too shabby either, but the Exige is just on a different level esp in the bends.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Thats some car, I much prefer that to the Evora. I've always had a thing for Exiges, still fancy an older one with a supercharged K20 and a sequential gearbox.

Enjoy her.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
I loved the Chris Harris video too by the way.

Have you been driving it in race or touring mode mostly @Cooper?
Mostly in sport. Better throttle response, higher redline, more slip. Race mode is really for track only due to the very random way it works lol. Can’t wait to try it out!

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Excellent bus... was admiring it at sprucefield on Sunday morning health to enjoy!!

Glad to hear it has vauxhall switch gear too lol

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Subtle changes. Spoiler bracketry and fuel filler surround popped off and away to the body shop- now painted black (was aluminium alloy). Suits the car far better.

FDC8FF5A-BD9E-4D6E-87FC-F3F520D8218B.jpeg

Should have this down at PMG on Sunday. No new plate on as v5 has yet to appear :sweat: