Lotus Exige V6S

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Wire brush attachment is a tremendous idea for the brakes, must look into that.
I was all for painting them, and i'll see how much the road corrodes the bells over time but if its a once a year activity it looks smarter than painting. We will see!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I now have a box in stock also!

No such thing as too many :joy:

Good news is that once set you will never need to touch them again (unless changing ride height, etc.).

Not sure if there is ride height adjustment on yours, but if there is then it's well worth getting corner weights set up properly. On mine it's a 10mm difference in ride height on one side whether you have a driver in or not. Set it up with your weight in the driver's seat, I use sand bags and the passenger seat empty.

Same with toe, set it up with the weight of a driver in the driver's seat. You'd be surprised the difference it makes. There are tables of settings on Seloc, lol 8-| Zero toe at front (parallel wheels) and a bit of toe-in at the back for rear end stability has always worked well for me as a road and occasional track setup.

The toe is good to check frequently, it takes very little to knock it out a bit and these cars respond to every change you make.

Finally check the bump steer. I guess your car is still standard as they made it in the factory? In that case it should still be fine. But as soon as you start playing with ride height on these then it does come into play. Even on standard ride height you can play with it to dial it out completely for even more precision in the steering.

You really can get as geeky as you like with these cars, and every wee change makes a real difference!

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Because race car

7BD0225A-8454-4838-9895-B1FDB2EC307C.jpeg

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Let's hope you don't need it Andy.

I thought I was flash harry buying red tow straps for the underneath of the civic!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Tow strap on order for the rear!

Tricky on the rear of a Lotus to find a mounting point that's strong enough, and won't bend the chassis if actually used to pull you out of the gravel. They're not really designed to be towed from the rear.

Not that a driver of your calibre would ever find himself in a gravel trap :innocent:

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Tricky on the rear of a Lotus to find a mounting point that's strong enough, and won't bend the chassis if actually used to pull you out of the gravel. They're not really designed to be towed from the rear.

Not that a driver of your calibre would ever find himself in a gravel trap :innocent:
Lotus motorsport do a kit to sort that very issue. Hoping it’s not on back order!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just make sure you go into the gravel backwards like a proper hero and you'll be grand.

That's exactly what I do, works a treat every time :joy::joy::joy:

Much better to just let the car go round anyway than trying to catch a slide with these cars. Counter steer and 99 times out of a hundred it will just snap back and catapult you square into the wall instead.