Few from track skills!

189C76E5-5695-4E8D-B50A-399B5543AD36.jpeg

0DF635D1-BC22-40F0-99CF-C2E55FB2F5C5.jpeg

EF283F59-7002-4B74-A961-6F5F91C77E32.jpeg

64DDC0EE-9177-4413-84CE-031481D6F3F5.jpeg

80BBB499-5374-4BEE-B49C-324842F568C8.jpeg

warren

RMS Photographer
Had no idea you were down or would have got you out a run!

I think I only seen you dander by once after I arrived but it looked like you were walking with purpose so thought best to not interrupt!

That would have been absolutely spectacular, I’ve never been on a track before at all nevermind in something as epic as your lotus! I’ll certainly come find you if I see you at another one, I’ll be back I’m sure I had a great time!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just bring a helmet and hop in, must people at these days are friendly and only happy to oblige :cool:

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
I think I only seen you dander by once after I arrived but it looked like you were walking with purpose so thought best to not interrupt!

That would have been absolutely spectacular, I’ve never been on a track before at all nevermind in something as epic as your lotus! I’ll certainly come find you if I see you at another one, I’ll be back I’m sure I had a great time!
Ah flip no knock into me and demand a run out. Simples!

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
This thing looked great on track today! 😎
I actually brought my lid today but by the time things got started I only had around 30 minutes to spectate.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Looking back, how do you feel about the Evora @Cooper ? I want a nice special sports car with a bit of go for weekends. Thinking about Evora as I can sell it to the Mrs with 2+2. Alfa 4c is the other option. An Exige is probably too hardcore for my needs.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Looking back, how do you feel about the Evora @Cooper ? I want a nice special sports car with a bit of go for weekends. Thinking about Evora as I can sell it to the Mrs with 2+2. Alfa 4c is the other option. An Exige is probably too hardcore for my needs.

Workmate had an Alfa 4C for 2 years there, great looking little cars but be prepared to buy earplugs.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Workmate had an Alfa 4C for 2 years there, great looking little cars but be prepared to buy earplugs.
I don't mind a bit of that, unless it's completely ear bleedingly ridiculous! Alfa likely to be cheaper taxed, first Evora S I looked at was 500 quid a year which is a bit OTT.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I don't mind a bit of that, unless it's completely ear bleedingly ridiculous!

It wasn't far off, I'd recommend you go listen to one somewhere. I've had some loud exhausts on V8s and various other things but this was a different league.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
4C not just 2 seats? What about a TTRS?
It is aye, that's what the Evora has going for it. I don't give a toot for back seats, it's not like I'm going to Tesco in it, but it's a way of selling it to the Mrs.
I'm prioritising "special" or fun over performance so ruling out Cayman's, TTs etc.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
It is aye, that's what the Evora has going for it. I don't give a toot for back seats, it's not like I'm going to Tesco in it, but it's a way of selling it to the Mrs.
I'm prioritising "special" or fun over performance so ruling out Cayman's, TTs etc.
Sounds like the Evora is the perfect car for you. My NA car was sort of M135i in straight line performance terms, but absolutely sublime on B-roads. Quiet inside and felt very special. I wouldn't say no to a 400!

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Sounds like the Evora is the perfect car for you. My NA car was sort of M135i in straight line performance terms, but absolutely sublime on B-roads. Quiet inside and felt very special. I wouldn't say no to a 400!
V helpful cheers I'm getting ballyrobert to give me a shout if they get a suitable NA in!

pkn

RMS Regular
Drives
Evora S / 159
I have a 3 year old and a 7 year old, I can fit both into the Evora on the passenger side (one in the front and one behind). +2 is not really feasible for adults in the back but it's perfect for kids (or indeed luggage as Sven mentioned) which makes the car so much more usable as I can do the school/nursery runs etc. I would struggle with anyone behind me as my seat is right back against the rear bench but it's a great 3 seater if you have kids or really small friends :grinning:

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Enjoying the extra noise?
Will find out today. A crawling commute so the ECU will learn. If it’s anything like the video of the kit I bought it should sound pretty terrifying. More importantly apparently has a fairly dramatic effect on throttle response. I was surprised how much of a snorkel the factory airbox was so it’s bound to help.