Lotus Exige V6S

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Have the same on the Hondus, can't say I noticed any difference in noise. But then she's not exactly quiet to start with, lol. Might make a bigger difference in yours.

Definitely helps with getting air in though, and that's the main thing :cool:

Quite like the stainless pipe myself, looks purposeful.

pkn

RMS Regular
Drives
Evora S / 159
Looks great - are the pipe and fittings from ITG as well as the filter? I've been trying to decide between BOE and komotec for the intake but haven't seen this ITG one before.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The ITG kit is great, it really works. A bit of a mess to clean the filter but that's only once in a blue moon anyway. And if you pay someone else to service the car that solves that problem too 😇

Reactions: pkn

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Looks great - are the pipe and fittings from ITG as well as the filter? I've been trying to decide between BOE and komotec for the intake but haven't seen this ITG one before.

The kit is developed by Alias23 and was tested at Litchfield. Its only for the Exige V6 atm.

pkn

RMS Regular
Drives
Evora S / 159
Looks like a high quality product, a lot of work has gone into it. Looking forward to your thoughts on it (y)

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
No, true, good point :cool:

Also noticed that Exige kit looks like an open cone, mine is in an air box, so that would make a difference too (y)

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Some wet shots at Kirky last weekend thanks to @thornracing. Car was great in the wet, driver... timid for sure. I'm getting a lot of material transfer from the DS2500 pads on the car, and so a set of Performance Friction pads have just landed which should eradicate the issue.

Rear towing eye coming after some of the offs I witnessed made me think its a good idea.

Still an overwhelming car, with a lot more capability in it and of course I'm loving it. 🥳

72147357_10159067068074968_4572774456539217920_o.jpg
72343816_10159067070804968_2028105869526302720_o.jpg
72348476_10159067070779968_7615444497228365824_o.jpg
rear.jpg

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Some wet shots at Kirky last weekend thanks to @thornracing. Car was great in the wet, driver... timid for sure. I'm getting a lot of material transfer from the DS2500 pads on the car, and so a set of Performance Friction pads have just landed which should eradicate the issue.

Rear towing eye coming after some of the offs I witnessed made me think its a good idea.

Still an overwhelming car, with a lot more capability in it and of course I'm loving it. 🥳

View attachment 253838View attachment 253839View attachment 253840View attachment 253841
I'm sure the guy in the Atom infront was wet :joy:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I'm amazed anyone goes to a track day in those conditions in an Atom. Wearing a wetsuit, waterproof boots and gloves to drive a car doesn't sound fun.

I imagine driving something like that in the wet really allows you to improve your driving skill, sure it'll be absolutely miserable but if you try pushing on and the car pushes back and you don't die it's a good lesson I'd think

Fair play to the boy, not many people would do the same, having ridden my bike in weather like that with a wetsuit I can attest to the uncomfortableness

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Time for a bit of an update. After the last wet day at kirkistown I was hoping for a dry one to test out new pads, moving from DS2500s to PFC 08 as I was getting some judder on track.

First of all, car was flying and I had a great day:

1573910007899.png

However my judder was still there, even after the hope that some hard braking would have cleared up the discs that I suspected were suffering from pad material transfer from the ds2500s. I didn't have time to pull the discs off before the day, but made a point straight afterwards.

This is the rear of the discs, the old pads having ensconced themselves into the drill holes. This is a common issue with these discs and the ds2500 combination.

1573910128431.png

Out came the drill to make the holes, holes again. The amount of pad that was in there is unreal.

1573910201221.png

Carpet ruined.

1573910236418.png

After calling around some local engineering shops which were quoting frankly eye watering prices for a skim (these discs only have 13k on them and are in great nick otherwise), @sam_9n to the rescue. Discs checked for runout and a very mild skim brought them back to new.

1573910349786.png

And back on ready for action.

1573910432035.png

None of the symptoms ever presented themselves on the road as the brakes never got enough heat into them, so hopefully that's the brake shudder put to bed completely - which I have no doubt will inspire confidence to brake later/trail brake more.

Last edited:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
The DS2500’s have squealed from the day I put them on but not as much anymore but I’ll never buy them again.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Time for an update. Firstly, popped the Exige on SORN. Thought that would be a great idea. Its killing me. Will suffer it for this month then back on the road in March.

First up - rear towing eye. With doing a few track days and the combination of no good tow points/alu chassis, to do things right proper eye was required. This chap came in 3 days from OZ. Also really must clean under here.

1580650044862.png

Black front transom (clam) badge. Smarter.

1580650241110.png

Squeaky drivers seat fixed. Despite being a Lotus, surprisingly the cabin is squeak and rattle free, so when the drivers seat gave a creak it came out.
1580650440392.png

10p was discovered jammed in the runners. Job jobbed.

With having the pioneer double DIN screen in, although the car does surprisingly have very good rear parking sensors I thought it I may as well have a reversing camera as well.

1580650015967.png

Camera working. Oh, what's that beside it?

1580649829540.png

Well spotted eagle eyed viewers. Yes its none other than a Mk1 Ford Focus radio remote stalk. Despite said car not being in production for over 15 years, you can still buy the stalk new, and following a guide on the Lotus Forums I now have full control of CarPlay etc on the Pioneer.

1580650592187.png

OK, that's not all that's new. The Exige got something in its Christmas box...

1580650824605.png

Its a Garw race dash, with lap timing, GPS, OBD/CAN logging and just general awesomeness. Having the two screens in the car fairly updates the look of the interior, and I like shiny gadgety things.

Looking forward to getting her out to meets, on track and just generally on the road next month!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That's a really nice selection of new toys there, happy days :cool:

Have had a few coins stuck in the runners and under the seats, rattling away. Seems to be a Lotus thing, lol. Annoying but happily easy to fix.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
That dash looks amazing!!

I'm totally sold on reverse cameras now, I bet it's very useful in the Exige?