Lotus Princess II

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
[Continuing from here: http://reallymeansounds.com/forum/threads/lotus-princess-updates-autolifers-feature-post-386.113826/ ]

New chapter, new thread, onwards and up :grinning:

Donor car sorted, insurance done, all bits gathered, and @AIRFORCE1 at the ready to take it all on. What could possibly go wrong :innocent:

So, my little Princess is finally away for the long awaited heart transplant. Decided not to begin a new thread with a picture of another flatbed, lol. To begin with, here are instead a few nice piles of bits and bobs and shiny new toys.

First of all, the front clam needs to come off to sort out the broken front tow thingy. With the clam off, the windscreen will also be replaced, and a few other bits and bobs while in there anyway:
- Heater blower and heater matrix
- Heater/ventilation cables and controls
- Radiator fan
- Tow thingy
- New grille, and installing driving lights as well while at it
DSC_7650.JPG

Then to the business end, as it were.
- Rear clam off
- Rover engine and transmission out, and disassemble (quite a few juicy bits to be liberated for others to enjoy - stay posted)
- General clean-up and tidy-up with everything out anyway

Finally, insert Honda :laughing:

- New clutch
- Custom drive shafts
- Sump baffle thingy
- New lower right wishbone to clear the new engine
- Fuelling bits and bobs
- New clutch slave cylinder (standard Lotus, just replacing it for good measure, they rarely last more than a year anyway)
- RBC Manifold (probably too large to fit without touching the bulkhead, so will most likely be selling this on if anyone is interested)
- "Heat-shield" intake manifold gasket
- New custom exhaust section, with "race cat" (existing back section stays)
DSC_7660.JPG

First boot full of stuff...
DSC_7669.JPG

- Quaiffe LSD
- ITG induction
- K-Pro ECU
- Custom 4-2-1 exhaust manifold
- Custom gear linkage
- Tons of custom brackets and mounts and fixings and whatnot
- Miles of hoses and pipes
- Sheets of Nimbus and Cirrus heat shields (not in pic)
DSC_7701.JPG

Nice printed and laminated manual and instructions, which @AIRFORCE1 will no doubt promptly bin and completely ignore - what could possibly go wrong :p
DSC_7704.JPG

Second boot full of stuff...
DSC_7709.JPG

Oh, and then there will of course be a bit of fiddling about to sort out the electrics, mapping, and other minor little details.

And finally, the sacrificial lamb, gladly giving its life for a good cause, and a for a guaranteed place in Valhalla, surrounded by virgins and forever feasting and making merry :grinning:
P1040095.JPG

What could possibly go wrong :grinning: Or perhaps I already mentioned that :innocent:

Last edited:

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I can only imagine how much fun it will be with this engine, was already the most fun thing I have ever sat behind the wheel of lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Happily Jonny will be performing all the heroics @Artoir :innocent:

@big_pete, that Rover engine was the most fun ever, while it lasted, not exactly standard issue :grinning: No regrets whatsoever for sticking with it as long as I did, even if the last step might have been pushing the luck a bit too far 8-|

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Great to see Princess getting this new lease of life, I was worried you were going to flog it all off!

Looking forward to the updates on here, new thread was a good idea.

When do you think it'll be complete and at Trackskills?

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Awesome. How much are you looking for the rbc manifold? My mate has type r civic an you could be seeing it soon at kirkistown too, hes already talking about a supercharger too

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Me too please.. ;)

Looking forward to seeing this out again, I was at the august trackskills where the K decided it had enough. :worried:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Cheers all (y)

Will post up parts as and when they become available. Between the old engine/transmission and the Civic there will be plenty to go around. My man-maths calculations say this project will be a nice little earner, lol - I wish :p

Like a kid at Christmas here. Cannot wait to get back behind that wheel again, and not have to make "vroom vroom" noises :innocent:

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Nick would you mind a passenger on your next track adventure? Would love a run out with someone that's plenty of track experience before I take my own car to the track lol

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
looks like a lot of money you've spent there but it will be worth it, subscribed :grinning: