Lotus Princess II

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
What miles are on that lotus, you probably do more miles a year in that that most here who daily a diesel :p

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Cool tour, you did a fair bit more than me and I did a fair bit in the 4 days I was there. I went up from Cairnryan along the Ayrshire coast stopping off at Largs for an ice cream and on up past Gourock and over the bridge and up to Balloch. Did a quick tour around the Trossachs National park via Aberfoyle, Dukes Pass and Calendar before heading up to Fort William and the Great Glen to Inverness.
The Hondus must have been brilliant on some of those roads, I had the Freelander up some of the forestry commission roads and got lost which was basically the plan. (y)
Scotland is awesome, on a totally different scale to say Donegal.

The Hondus was made for these roads!

That was a brilliant tour of yours as well! Scotland is great like that, pretty much just close your eyes and point on the map and it will be good. The West of Ireland is the same, but like you say a different scale in Scotland.

Some of the tourist trails can get busy obviously, but as long as you stay away from the main routes things get very nice and quiet. I was alone on the road for the most part.

One of the biggest surprises was stumbling on a backroad late in the day through Speyside to Glenmore, that not only had some of my favourite distilleries on route, but also brilliant driving and spectacular scenery over the Cairngorms. And nothing else on the road but me and Princess :cool:

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Yeah some of the roads were busy but the dukes pass was empty, class road, just not in a jeep lol. A lot of the roads in the trossachs were in the valleys so we went a few miles up the forest tracks and got some class views. Brill. :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Spring has sprung! A little later than usual, but all the better for it :grinning:

Straight out of the garage, not even washed, lol - just turn the key and away :cool:

P1110110.JPG
P1110123.JPG

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Completed 1900 miles in the last two weeks visiting just about every field in England, lol. Best car ever, super practical and versatile, deals with any terrain no bother at all, just blends in naturally :grinning:

Started off with a grand day out in Cambridge. More like a stag do, lol, but what's not to like about things that go bang and then steak after :innocent:
P1110381.JPG

P1110387.JPG

Athelhampton House, a well kept secret hidden away in deepest Dorset. Good cakes too :cool:
P1110407.JPG

P1110442.JPG

The weather turned for the worst, so headed for the Tank Museum in Bovington. Did the guided tour this time, great to hear the stories and histories. The guides are all old squaddies and very knowledgeable. Plus there's great entertainment to be had from the inevitable Sheldon's in the groups :grinning:
P1110461.JPG

P1110489.JPG

P1110501.JPG

P1110514.JPG

Jurassic Coast scenery. Some pretty good roads down there too :cool:
P1110559.JPG

P1110586.JPG

P1110589.JPG

And then the main event, brilliant few days and an amazing location for it too (y)
DSC_2132.JPG

DSC_2137.JPG

P1110638.JPG

P1110654.JPG

P1110675.JPG

Blending right in, she loves the English countryside, lol :innocent:
P1110698.JPG

Made new friends too. Running into a gaggle of Lotii down a spectacular Essex country lane really made her day, and then this beast on the ferry.
P1110716.JPG

P1110720.JPG

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, just blends right in there :joy: The Dutch and Germans were just pointing and laughing their heads off :laughing:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Another 1800 miles of English countryside (and a few motorways...). Cambridge, Dorset, Wiltshire, Kelmarsh, Cambridge, Dorset, Cotswolds, Wales, Belfast. Boldly going where a lot of toffroaders shy away, slick tyres and all :joy: Best car ever made :cool:

Kingston Lacey in Dorset.
P1110829.JPG

P1110834.JPG

Pretty villages everywhere, this is Tarrants in Dorset.
P1110868.JPG

Wiltshire greenlaning :innocent:
P1110883.JPG

A bit of fun on the way. It went rather well too :innocent::grinning:
P1110890.JPG

Where did that road go again :joy:
P1110893.JPG

A bit of fun in Wales. Went rather well too :cool: Plus Welsh roads thrown in - there's not a single one that has not been specifically designed for this very car, just pure bliss! Only snag is despite the spectacular views round every corner there are few places to stop for pictures. Too busy to enjoy the drive anyway :joy:
P1110908.JPG

P1110935.JPG