Lotus Princess II

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
She has a new friend, finally got a picture together. Love at first sight πŸ₯° It's a right old chore now to pick which one to take whenever I'm going out, lol πŸ˜…πŸ™ˆ

P1180068.JPG

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
She has a new friend, finally got a picture together. Love at first sight πŸ₯° It's a right old chore now to pick which one to take whenever I'm going out, lol πŸ˜…πŸ™ˆ

View attachment 336347
Id never noticed this thread until now the lotus is an absolute beauty, a car I've wanted for a long time :heart_eyes:

Had an fk2 a couple of years ago, complete animal of a car just munhces up the road! Until it gets wet lol The one thing I hated was where the seating position was perfect I couldn't see the speedo at all haha HTD

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Had an fk2 a couple of years ago, complete animal of a car just munhces up the road! Until it gets wet lol The one thing I hated was where the seating position was perfect I couldn't see the speedo at all haha HTD
He's a cage fighter with anger issues, lol πŸ˜… Absolutely brilliant, as close as you'll get to a touring car on the road 😁

It took a bit of fiddling with steering column and seat to see both the main instruments (rev counter) and the digital speedo on top of the dash. It's all very Japanese, lol, and very purposeful. Love it :cool:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Catching up with summer, it's been busy and wee Princess has been hard at it too.

We managed a full lap of Scotland in August, taking the long road to Cambridge. Only needed the roof twice, it was brilliant :cool:

Glen Orchy
P1160586.JPG

Glen Etive
P1160621.JPG

Glen Coe
P1160642.JPG

Eilean Donan Castle, Glen Shiel
P1160664.JPG

Bealach na Ba, Applecross - best hillclimb in the country :innocent:
P1160682.JPG

Torridon, from Applecross
P1160713.JPG

Glen Torridon
P1160724.JPG

Poolewe
P1160728.JPG

Loch Ewe
P1160786.JPG

Corrieshallock Gorge
P1160793.JPG

Lochinver
P1160800.JPG

Cairn o'Gets, Wick
P1160842.JPG

Whaligoe Steps, Wick
P1160885.JPG

Dunnet Head, most northerly point on mainland Britain (no, it's not John o'Groats πŸ˜‰ 🀫)
P1160901.JPG

Dunnet beach
P1160912.JPG

Glen Dronach distillery
P1160947.JPG

P1160924.JPG

Cairn o'Mount, old military road, Fettercairn
P1170015.JPG

Glen Esk
P1170028.JPG

Cragside, Northumberland
P1170113.JPG

P1170107.JPG

Butter tubs pass, Yorkshire
P1170122.JPG

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Catching up with summer, it's been busy and wee Princess has been hard at it too.

We managed a full lap of Scotland in August, taking the long road to Cambridge. Only needed the roof twice, it was brilliant :cool:

Glen Orchy
View attachment 337436

Glen Etive
View attachment 337437

Glen Coe
View attachment 337439

View attachment 337440

View attachment 337441

View attachment 337442

Glen Torridon
View attachment 337444

Poolewe
View attachment 337447

Loch Ewe
View attachment 337448

Corrieshallock Gorge
View attachment 337449

Lochinver
View attachment 337450

Cairn o'Gets, Wick
View attachment 337451

Whaligoe Steps, Wick
View attachment 337452

Dunnet Head, most northerly point on mainland Britain (no, it's not John o'Groats πŸ˜‰ 🀫)
View attachment 337453

Dunnet beach
View attachment 337454

Glen Dronach distillery
View attachment 337455

View attachment 337456

View attachment 337457

Glen Esk
View attachment 337458

Cragside, Northumberland
View attachment 337459

View attachment 337460

View attachment 337461

Love that your not scared to use it and make memories. How many miles are on it now?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Then she melted an ignition coil just before Cambridge. Got that fixed, and she went on down to Dorset and back.

Barbury
P1170129.JPG

Stourhead
P1170171.JPG

Kingston Lacey
P1170191.JPG

And then it just so happened that Truckfest was on in Peterborough on the way to the ferry in Liverpool from Cambridge :innocent: I've been to big car shows but this was something else! Has to be experienced.
P1170196.JPG

P1170265.JPG

P1170252.JPG

P1170298.JPG

P1170301.JPG

P1170348.JPG

P1170356.JPG

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
For her next trick she went back over again in September. Collected the new "daily" on the way:

P1170619.JPG

And then away for the big one - Goowood Revival. Oh my oh my! Absolutely unreal! A giant fairground, a car show, a plane show, a hyper nostalgic trip back in time to whatever takes your fancy, lol. And almost incidentally, priceless classic race cars from pre-war beasts to 70s F1 cars getting raced and flogged within an inch of their lives out on track. You will never, ever experience racing like this anywhere else. Period. The noise alone. You walk around the pits where the mechanics are working away. Every now and then a whistle blows and a race car make its way through the crowds from the pits out to the race track and back. No barriers, no cordons, no special passes. It's all there.

And then you get down to the track. Stand ten yards away from these cars going flat out, with just a patch of grass and a chest high fence between you and them. People milling everywhere, giant screens to follow the racing. Grandstands for incredible views, or to get shelter. Food and drink stands everywhere.

Just a tiny selection here. Should do a separate write-up at some point.

Where the riff raff park. Now, where did I leave my car!
P1170646.JPG

Member's parking at Lavant, right next to the track.
P1170671.JPG

Most people going with the nostalgia theme and dressing up.
P1170657.JPG

P1170659.JPG

Period shops and services everywhere.
P1170662.JPG

P1170670.JPG

Planes
P1170871.JPG

P1180031.JPG

And automobiles (definitely not mere "cars" :innocent:)
P1170925.JPG

P1170922.JPG

P1170983.JPG

P1180007.JPG

P1180017.JPG

P1170893.JPG

And a special Stirling Moss tribute, with over 80 cars raced by him collected in one place.
P1170931.JPG

P1180032.JPG

P1180054.JPG

P1180061.JPG

P1170979.JPG

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Mate of mine goes every year and parks in the Members area, has a bright yellow TR6 that has a near 3.0 bored engine with real fuel injection and management. Looks standard though. Watched most of the races live, one to get to for sure!

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Very Nice, love how much you love to use her.

It would be great to join you in the Datsun on one of your trips, I love driving it, problem is I hate having to drive it in the rain. I guess this means I need to build another car sometime, and make sure its built purely for driving and not with such detail that I want baby it too much.

I really must get to Goodwood while it still happening because it wouldn't surprise me if during my lifetime things like this get banned.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
You didn’t by chance save that Scottish route on Google maps? Looks unreal.

He still uses a compass...

Graham knows the truth πŸ˜… Satnav is for weak people :innocent:

Basically up from Cairnryan, over Ayr and towards Gourock. Just before Gourock catch the wee open car ferry to Dunnoon. Then up past Loch Eck and round the inlet to Inveraray. A819 over the hills to the A85. From there either to Tyndrum and on to Glencoe, or pick up the wee single track through Glen Orchy up to Bridge of Orchy. Glen Etive is a lovely and usually quiet side glen off the top of Glencoe.

From Glencoe past Fort Williams to Invergarry, and then hang left through Glen Shiel. Past Dornie and Eilean Donnan Castle, and pick up the A890 over the hills to Strathcarron.

[As an option, instead of via Fort William, catch the wee ferry from Corran, just after Glencoe, and follow the loop of A861 to Mallaig. Cross to Skye, do your thing there, and return over the bridge to Kyle and pick up the A890.]

From Strathcarron pick up the A896 South/West, which takes you to the bottom of Bealach na Ba. Cross and round Applecross, down through Glen Torridon, to Kinlochewe. From there round Loch Maree to Gairloch and Poolewe.

Continue round Loch Ewe and Loch Broom to A835 into Ullapool. From there A835/A837/A894/A838 north to Durness.

[A nice detour is continue on A837 past Loch Assynt down to picturesque Lochinver at the coast. And then the busy but ultra scenic single track B869 round the peninsula and back up to the main road around Unapool.]

[From Durness you can pick up tours out to Cape Wrath.]

From Durness just follow A838 on to Thursoe and Wick.

[From Thursoe you can catch a ferry to Orkney, and on to Shetland if you want. Plenty of things to do in Wick too. Dunnet Head and John o' Groats are both nearby.]

Main road down to Aviemore (loads of things along the way if you want). And from there cross country over Tomintoul, and "the old military road" from roughly Banchory across to Fettercairn. I made a base near Stonehaven for a few days. Loads to see and do around there, from Cairngorms to Speyside and beyond. Just stay well clear of all the main roads for Aberdeen, stick to country lanes. They're all lovely :innocent:

From there on down via Northumberland, Pennines, and Yorkshire Dales national parks, all well worth a trip on their own!

It would be great to join you in the Datsun on one of your trips, I love driving it, problem is I hate having to drive it in the rain. I guess this means I need to build another car sometime, and make sure its built purely for driving and not with such detail that I want baby it too much.

Rain does no harm at all to any car. Just drive and enjoy it! Stay well clear of salt in winter, but other than that just have fun and enjoy.

Unless it leaks of course, lol. I have a load of high absorbency towels in the Hondus to bail it when it rains :joy: πŸ™ˆ

I really must get to Goodwood while it still happening because it wouldn't surprise me if during my lifetime things like this get banned.
You do!

Funny, was just talking to Graham about that. I don't think there is anywhere else in the country where you could have racing like that, that loud, that close to spectators, and with so little runoff. Closing roads round half the county just for the event. I guess having half a dozen royal titles to your name has a few advantages :innocent:😁 And every member of the GRRC has more than a few strings to pull too.

It will go too eventually, no doubt, but it will be the last one to fall.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Rain does no harm at all to any car. Just drive and enjoy it! Stay well clear of salt in winter, but other than that just have fun and enjoy.
You obviously haven't owned many old Japanese cars. :laughing:

Of course the Datsun will be a hundred times better sealed up once done than it was from the factory, but despite that I hate it being dirty, even underneath, and driving it the rain a lot means it will get filthy down there.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Hope you shouted THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE when down at Eilean Donan Castle 🀣

Whopper tours there good sir! 😎

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Merging threads, the story continues here:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO

Glen Orchy
View attachment 337436

Glen Etive
View attachment 337437

Glen Coe
View attachment 337439

View attachment 337440

View attachment 337441

View attachment 337442

Glen Torridon
View attachment 337444

Poolewe
View attachment 337447

Loch Ewe
View attachment 337448

Corrieshallock Gorge
View attachment 337449

Lochinver
View attachment 337450

Cairn o'Gets, Wick
View attachment 337451

Whaligoe Steps, Wick
View attachment 337452

View attachment 337453

Dunnet beach
View attachment 337454

Glen Dronach distillery
View attachment 337455

View attachment 337456

View attachment 337457

Glen Esk
View attachment 337458

Cragside, Northumberland
View attachment 337459

View attachment 337460

View attachment 337461
Have to bite the bullet and head to Scotland in the Mazda next year or I’ll never do it.

View attachment 336347
Still got Volvo or has the Honda replaced it. Brutal how huge the lotus makes the Honda look tho πŸ˜‚