Girls' day out the other day 😁 Was a good one too :cool:

P1140051.JPG

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, it is. The right one with the six as well, sounds great even with the standard exhaust. He's considering getting a sports exhaust for it, that would be perfect.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Have rediscovered the art of the milk run in this last lockdown. Definitely something to be said about quiet roads, sunshine, stunning scenery, and a screaming V-Tec two inches behind your head 😁

Not so quiet roads any more now, sadly, but avoid busy spots at weekends and it's still pretty quiet off the main routes.

Wee Princess passed MoT last Friday. A lot busier than when the P* went through at Christmas but still fairly quiet. No problem at all getting a time. Sat outside in the sun and could still hear her rumbling through in there, even behind the closed doors - she does not do subtle 😅

Popped up along the north coast after, via Cairncastle, Glearm castle, and Cushendun. Then back over Glenballyemon and Glenariff. Lovely!

P1140118.JPG

P1140128.JPG

P1140122.JPG

P1140227.JPG

P1140235.JPG

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
One of the nicest spots in NI!

Start of the Torr Head stage too, and a couple of usually quiet stages up the glen above the town.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Yeah, the Torr Head stage is something I'd love to do at competitive speed but too risky to try it as an open road. Lovely drive just dandering along too though.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Especially on a summer weekend when there's always some eejit in a camper van not understanding they're too big for that road 🙈

Brilliant on a Wednesday afternoon though, lol. Scenery is breathtaking!

spotted you when you must have been on the way back. JEEZ it’s loud 😂
She does not do subtle :joy:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Some pictures enjoying the summer sun. She sees a camera and is straight there :cool:

P1150011.JPG

P1150012.JPG

Was looking forward to a few weeks going topless in England but sadly she sprung a leak the other day. Missed the trackday yesterday too 😢 Nothing obvious so beyond me, hopefully not too expensive, cough. Sent her off on a flatbed this morning. At least she dumped the coolant in the driveway and not on track, or halfway there - she's nice like that :innocent:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just continuing to enjoy wee Princess in this weather 😁 A few things needed sorting from being laid up through most of lockdown. A load of bushes crumpled and needed replacing. Heater core crumbled and leaked. Inner rod ends gone, which on these cars means a replacement rack as you can't get to that joint. Happily there are refurbished units available on a return basis, but they are a bit a of a pity to replace.

It's all basically wear and tear but just goes to show all this "low mileage keep in storage don't use it keep it original let it appreciate" balls is, well, just that. Lotus forums are full of that these days. Cars need and should be used as intended, and are much better for it! So keep driving folks :cool:

She does need a good clean, lol, but that just means she's been having fun and has been enjoying herself!

Best looking bee-hind in the known universe, and that's just a fact 😅

P1160312.JPG

P1160330.JPG

P1160438.JPG

Dave..

RMS Regular
Just continuing to enjoy wee Princess in this weather 😁 A few things needed sorting from being laid up through most of lockdown. A load of bushes crumpled and needed replacing. Heater core crumbled and leaked. Inner rod ends gone, which on these cars means a replacement rack as you can't get to that joint. Happily there are refurbished units available on a return basis, but they are a bit a of a pity to replace.

It's all basically wear and tear but just goes to show all this "low mileage keep in storage don't use it keep it original let it appreciate" balls is, well, just that. Lotus forums are full of that these days. Cars need and should be used as intended, and are much better for it! So keep driving folks :cool:

She does need a good clean, lol, but that just means she's been having fun and has been enjoying herself!

Best looking bee-hind in the known universe, and that's just a fact 😅

View attachment 330559

View attachment 330560

View attachment 330561
I saw you yesterday on the Ballygowan road, nice note of the exhaust.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Got a bit exciting last few days, lol. Worked flawlessly all the way round a nice wee road trip (more about that later), then she had a sulk right at the end with 17 miles to go. Turns out a Honda still runs on three cylinders - still works even when ****ed. Best engine ever made!

New coils and plugs and a ratchet set arrived today, fixed it with my own hands and miraculously nothing blew up or caught fire 😅 :innocent: Actually works, took the long road to the shops and all good :cool: Not just indestructible, but turnip proof to boot!

IMG_20210817_125846.jpg

IMG_20210817_150642.jpg

IMG-20210815-WA0004.jpg

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Probably one of the most properly used cars on here. I remember being at some of the meets and being surprised to hear the surprise of others that I drove an hour an a half just to get to the start of the meet. I was thinking, if my fun car isn't for driving then what is the point of it, posing I guess, but thats not what I like my cars for. Granted motorway driving is not necessarily my idea of fun, but in the Datsun even that can have merits because at 70mph the turbos spool up instantly so passing anything is a joy. In the Civic its an experience that is best with earplugs.

Always thought this would be a super fun car. Would like to get a run in it sometime, perhaps once the RB-Z is back on the road we can have a run in each others.

Have you ever felt the need for more power? For sure its got enough for the weight, but I was wondering what it would be like with built K20\24?

Who does the work on this now that Jonny is not around?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Thank you!

And couldn't possibly agree more! Drive it, break it, fix it, drive it again :cool:

I need to get the pictures up from Scotland and England, and she's going back to England again soon for the Goodwood revival.

More power?

No, not really, that's completely missing the point I think. It could easily take more power, quite a lot more. But what's the point on public roads?

Just in the last two weeks I've been out in this car, a 310bhp FK8, a 305bhp FK2, the 350bhp Polestar. And wee Princess with "just" 225bhp would have them all. The one that comes closest in experience is easily the FK2. Or an Evo 5/6. Any "normal" hot hatch wouldn't even get a look-in.

It's all about corners. Power only gets you to the next one.

And drama. You just can't beat 8.5k rpm two inches behind your head, wind in your hair, every sound and smell, feeling every pebble through the wheel. No electronics, no assistance, no safety net. Not even ABS, lol.

She's 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
Who knows?
I don’t know what rock I’ve been hiding under and missed this thread! I’m sure it may look slightly stalkerish as I’ve been reading every post since this thread began and liking the odd one!

What a car, I can’t even imagine what it’s like to own a car for two years let alone over ten years! Lol

I love your wheel alignment approach too, simple but clearly effective!

And yet you’re feared to try a timing belt! Lol.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol @Blackie, I did do the plugs and coils on my own when she melted a coil on the last run through England. Was mighty chuffed about that! Still had the extinguisher at the ready when I turned the key :joy: :joy: :joy:

This is just the latest thread on this car. There is one, or maybe two more going back to 2008, there's a link in the first post of this one.

My "reaction count" just went up about 200%, lol - I'll have the mighty @Rocko in my sights 😅👍

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
Who knows?
Ah Nick I think you’re being hard on yourself, you are certainly knowledgeable and I think you’d be more than capable.

Sorry I guess for the reaction count! 😂