lowering a saxo

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nath3n

RMS Regular
right i wana drop the vtr, but i aint sure of how to go about it or wat has to be done, can anyone recommend wat springs are good for a vtr and costs or places where i can get it done, cheers.

Jonny

RMS Regular
my old vtr had avo shocks and gmax -55mm springs and was down 2 nicks on the torsion bar, with 16" alloys the only rubbage i had was full lock, and if there were 2 in the back, but even then it wasn't really bad

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
dont get gmax, ive got the -60 gmax kit and it is c-rap, way to bouncy (i dont mean stiff), just bouncy, so much for stiffened gas shocks:scream:

the springs dont drop the car anywhere near 60mm.

get a good brand like apex/eibach etc (y)

Jonny

RMS Regular
i didnt find the vtr bouncy at all :confounded:

and the vts will be gettin a 30mm drop and one nick on the torsion bar

Bronk

RMS Regular
i dont find the vts bouncy and mine is kinda lowered a bit :p

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Bronk said:
i dont find the vts bouncy and mine is kinda lowered a bit :p

bouncy as in too much travel and too soft! :p

they are supposed to be stiffened and shortened gas shocks, but when going over speed bumps they are just too soft, not stiff enough, they compress to much and dont reduce body roll as much as id like :grinning:

Nath3n

RMS Regular
OP
N
right, any ideas on the prices of the springs? or places to get it done?

haha i havent a clue about any of this stuff, cheers lads.

Jonny

RMS Regular
any mechanic with a bit of know how on french stuff will be able to sort your torsion bar, and any mechanic worth his salt can fit shocks / springs

i would reccomend not lowereing it too much though

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
dont think he touches torsion bars though. All very well lowering it 60-70mm, will look pretty cool but the rattles and stiffness will soon do your head in, also your exhaust hitting the ground forcing you to back off on a good country road is a little annoying I find. If i were doing it again dont think id go any lower on the saxo than 40-50mm max.
And as said before, Bilstein get very good reports from the saxo boys.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
fatboyslim said:
All very well lowering it 60-70mm, will look pretty cool but the rattles and stiffness will soon do your head in, also your exhaust hitting the ground forcing you to back off on a good country road is a little annoying I find. If i were doing it again dont think id go any lower on the saxo than 40-50mm max.

ole harry knows the score.

Nath3n

RMS Regular
OP
N
fatboyslim was only thinking of lowering 50mm, cause of the things u said and i dont want the car to low anyway.

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
Nathan_saxovtr said:
right, any ideas on the prices of the springs? or places to get it done?

haha i havent a clue about any of this stuff, cheers lads.

Davy @ Procar on the ormeau rd belfast can get you the springs. 60mm with a set of 16" rims looks the nuts on those wee cars. Think you'll need shorter shocks for that drop though. Davy will tell you the score.

Big Les at www.turkingtonpitstop.co.uk will sort you out with fitting them, think he's about £90 for fitting a set of springs and adjusting a torsion bar (y)

jamesy

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Nathan_saxovtr said:
costs or places where i can get it done, cheers.

rk motors in lisburn (moira rd), will lower ur torsion bar and fit ur shocks/ springs for under a ton.

car care centre will charge approx £200. (y)

philvtr

RMS Regular
Drives
Toyota Hilux
mines down 30mm and it looks ok and not 2bumpy,handles very good!!springs is ok 2 fit but torsion bar wudnt no much about!

gazvtr

RMS Regular
Drives
S-Line
get apex 35mm springs an a set billy grp n shocks or get koni's sport adjustables
i found on my vtr i just kept them at stiff front an rear great handling on u can go like fook up the back roads an not a thing to worry about
as for the fitting in the mc area u would pay £70-80 max well thats with me
but i would recommend getting all ur bushes front/rear including engine mounts uprated then u will soon have great faith in ur car

Bronk

RMS Regular
im down two at the back and 55mm avo springs..and bilstein shocks

gazvtr

RMS Regular
Drives
S-Line
Bronk said:
im down two at the back and 55mm avo springs..and bilstein shocks
naw i don't go by nicks if it was thats would be down by 4 or 5 looks about 80mm to me

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
gazvtr said:
get apex 35mm springs an a set billy grp n shocks or get koni's sport adjustables
best drop for saxo for any road conditions and still give it welly, without losing comfort.

slinky2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta ST
not to mention lowering a saxo 60mm over it eats cv boots and wheel bearings, others say it goes through drive shaft's and gearboxes even quicker too

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.