M.O.T 6 month exemptions.

stevie_1

RMS Regular
Car was due for mot in may, got the exemption form, now can’t find the dam thing , do they send out new appointment or do you have to apply again?

K'dg

RMS Regular
Anyone any idea how this effects TAX?
I've been emailing, webchatting with Bots and trying to call the DVA all morning. Pay my Tax by direct debit, checking the website this morning and my car is now showing MOT expired and Tax expired. Can't tax it without MOT, can't MOT as no centres opened.....what is the expectation on vehicle owners? I keep my end of the bargain year in year out maintaining my car, paying insurance and tax......yes it's unexpected series of events but the admin side of all this from DVA side is a joke. My car insurance is due in the next couple of weeks so can only imagine how much off a ball ache that is going to be :mad:

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
When did your MOT expire? MOT centres are open again for eligible vehicles - e.g. those that can't get a TEC as MOT expired more than a year ago. If it's because it is just turned 4 then unfortunately looks like you have to wait until 1st September. DVLA to discuss MOT - 0300 790 6801

K'dg

RMS Regular
Officially expired in Jan 2020 but with the 6 month exemption that took to 22nd July 2020. Going by the auto email I've received back they say it should extend up to 12 months, but it's not reflected on their records and so the tax DD now won't renew and I can't set it up. Car is 10 years old so not the 4 year issue, I'd happily test it if the facility was available from sept but in the meantime I'm stuck unable to tax and possibly insure the car.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Ring that number I posted, you are entitled to another 6 months. MOT is back up and running, ring that number I posted and ask them for a date or for an extention to your TEC - whichever they offer. Either way you can get sorted but you need to ring, you can't book MOT online now.

K'dg

RMS Regular
Ring that number I posted, you are entitled to another 6 months. MOT is back up and running, ring that number I posted and ask them for a date or for an extention to your TEC - whichever they offer. Either way you can get sorted but you need to ring, you can't book MOT online now.

Thanks, will just keep trying and trying!!! Just infuriating as I always make sure this stuff is taken care of for the car.

RevT

RMS Regular
Officially expired in Jan 2020 but with the 6 month exemption that took to 22nd July 2020. Going by the auto email I've received back they say it should extend up to 12 months, but it's not reflected on their records and so the tax DD now won't renew and I can't set it up. Car is 10 years old so not the 4 year issue, I'd happily test it if the facility was available from sept but in the meantime I'm stuck unable to tax and possibly insure the car.

You can insure the car. It’s completely separate.

K'dg

RMS Regular
Eventually got through to one of the numbers there just constantly hitting redial. Seemingly the expiry should have updated with further exemption and that didn't happen so expecting a call back in the next couple of days to update me.
Because the expiry hadn't updated it cancelled my Tax DD, if they get the MOT status sorted then I can set the tax DD up again. Just a pain in the arse to have to be chasing around all morning something that should have just been automatically resolved.