M.O.T 6 month exemptions.

**mugen**

RMS Regular
Drives
Big 9'er
Got an extension letter through for the s2000 till August, mot was up this month but it's been sorned for last 6 months.

Time to get it taxed and drive to work. Might aswell get some miles on it this year the way things are going. :mask:

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Got an extension letter through for the s2000 till August, mot was up this month but it's been sorned for last 6 months.

Time to get it taxed and drive to work. Might aswell get some miles on it this year the way things are going. :mask:
Roof down 😳

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Iv one here, applied for before lock down, test was up in September 19 still saying expired still. Tax up there on the first so driving on till told otherwise

kippermoon

RMS Regular
Drives
mk3 rs/impreza r
@kippermoon what was the outcome of the vehicle being out of test for over 6 months? Exemption cert granted?
no didn't work for me but maybe i messed up,i waited till the very last min and cancelled it myself before losing my fee....maybe should have let it run? i was trying to contact them all monday but the lines were all closed

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
I’ve an interesting problem. Car came from Scotland with mot until 05/04/2020. Went to book the mot yesterday and out mot site says it hasn’t been tested since 2017. The DVLA tax checker site says 05/04/2020 though so god knows if it will be extended or not.

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
no didn't work for me but maybe i messed up,i waited till the very last min and cancelled it myself before losing my fee....maybe should have let it run? i was trying to contact them all monday but the lines were all closed
how can you lose your fee if the test center is closed?

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
They sent me a reminder letter for the JCW yesterday, MOT expires in May. Do I try book a test as normal or just wait and see if they extend ?

design1

RMS Regular
Im still waiting on refunds from 3 months ago .but as i was told they are put in holdings ontill i book them in again.which wont be for long time as ive extensions

Dave..

RMS Regular
Im still waiting on refunds from 3 months ago .but as i was told they are put in holdings ontill i book them in again.which wont be for long time as ive extensions
Same as us, we are due 2 refunds.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I got a letter and just booked the MOT. This was a few days back. The MOT date hasn't changed yet but I'm expecting it will shortly.

Igxom

RMS Regular
I got a letter and just booked the MOT. This was a few days back. The MOT date hasn't changed yet but I'm expecting it will shortly.

Mine came and went without changing or any contact, and now have no valid MOT or extension.

Tam9n

RMS Regular
Drives
Polo 9n3 GTi
Anyone have any luck with MOT’s and older expired MOT dates? My polo GTi has been in a garage and I want to move it to my new house’s garage now. Last MOT expired like 2017.

davyk31

RMS Regular
I would just pay someone to transport it for you if it needs moved soonish. Won’t cost much, then apply for Mot and see what they offer.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Mine came and went without changing or any contact, and now have no valid MOT or extension.

No I am in the same boat. Booked an MOT two weeks ago this week and still heard nothing. Car has been off the road since 2018.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Got a letter in the post yesterday from the DVA telling me they have cancelled my end of May test due to ‘essential maintenance’ and I would be refunded automatically. ^o)

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Got a letter in the post yesterday from the DVA telling me they have cancelled my end of May test due to ‘essential maintenance’ and I would be refunded automatically. ^o)

Has your MOT expiry date been extended?