M.O.T 6 month exemptions.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
OP
Shannonsir
Drives
Camaro SS
Are the DVA still cancelling tests which are being booked at the moment and issuing TEC's for a defined period of time?

kippermoon

RMS Regular
Drives
mk3 rs/impreza r
just booked an mot for 1st april in ballymena,be interesting to see what happens,the cars been off the road since august 19.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I booked an MOT for my Fiat Panda the other day. The first available date was May some time. It has been out of MOT since December but I checked today and it it now showing as MOT'd until July. Happy days.

dubburke

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Arosa tdi
I cannot get an answer I bought a car which failed mot, it was booked in for a retest, which obviously won't happen.
Will I get an automatic tax exemption?
And if so I take it I can tax it?

eamon343

RMS Regular
Booked a test for mine last week, its up near the end of May. Just checked it and now its up at the end of September. Should i expect my £30 back?

Cookie Munster

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo / Forza
Are the mot centres still testing vehicals, as my bike is up on wed 1st. Heard nothing from them bout being cancelled or extensions

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
My Astra was out of mot feb 2020 and failed on brakes and a spring, new brakes all round and a spring and went to book retest after lockdown as I only had few days left. Didn’t book the retest but let it run out and rebooked full mot with work carried out and 4 month exemption showing this morning for anyone
Looking to book car was out of mot approx 9
Weeks

Cookie Munster

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo / Forza
Just checked my bikes mot expiry date online, and it has been extended today, for a full year. new expiry date 29th march 2021. :cool:

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Got a refund from a February booking last week, also see from the link above its extended until June (y)

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
If a car is booked online now, how long does it take for the exemption to kick in and show motd?

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
It has been out of MOT since December but I checked today and it it now showing as MOT'd until July. Happy days.

Weird, I just checked and mines now showing as MOT’d until July as well ^o)

so does that mean I don’t have to turn up for my booked MOT at the end of May or do I cancel it or keep it booked?

Bryan

RMS Regular
Weird, I just checked and mines now showing as MOT’d until July as well ^o)

so does that mean I don’t have to turn up for my booked MOT at the end of May or do I cancel it or keep it booked?

I don't know why mine says July - the MOT expired in December.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
I don't know why mine says July - the MOT expired in December.
It’s been extended, the only confusion now is to keep or cancel the May test.. so far they haven’t cancelled it or refunded my payment.