M.O.T 6 month exemptions.

Cookie Munster

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo / Forza
the only confusion now is to keep or cancel the May test.. so far they haven’t cancelled it or refunded my payment.
I would just leave it booked, they will cancel the test and refund from there. If they don't refund, you know your test is already paid for when the conditions return to some sort of normallity.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport

This has me thinking if a cars mot ran out start of march and mot is booked for april an extension wont be given?

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S

This has me thinking if a cars mot ran out start of march and mot is booked for april an extension wont be given?

That only applies to England Scotland and Wales. NI have different guidance.

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
MOT on my wife's Beetle was due in Feb, I got 4 months extension at that point which takes her to 17th June. Tests are suspended till 22nd June.

Do I book one for as close to that as possible and see what happens? Never got refund for initial test yet either, sent email chasing it up - no reply and no payment as yet!

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
i have a car that MOT ran out 5th March... booked a test early March for 11th APr... so looking at the guidelines - my MOT should auto renew for 6 months... but it hasn't.

i'm guessing not much point in trying to phone - but also - do i need to try to change the date online for 6 months time ? or does that amount just give me my 6 months now ?

the car is currently SORN so maybe it doesnt trigger to being live unless its taxed ? i was planning to tax it from today... then thought why bother as i wont be driving it for a while....

yours confused...

Bryan

RMS Regular
I'm still waiting to see what their plan is for cars that have no current/recent MOT to extend. My new little Mini has had no MOT since 2018. I've applied for a date in May but obviously this isn't going to go ahead so I'm curious to see what happens next.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
I'm still waiting to see what their plan is for cars that have no current/recent MOT to extend. My new little Mini has had no MOT since 2018. I've applied for a date in May but obviously this isn't going to go ahead so I'm curious to see what happens next.
when did you book it Bryan?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Booked a bike one today for early May so will see what happens. From @Cookie Munster post above it seems he got 12mths extension on it which would be handy!

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
Only a few days ago so nothing through about it yet. I also booked another car in a similar situation last week and haven't heard anything about it either.
I booked my glanza this morning and she was out from 2016 it’s out of the box condition but hasn’t been on the road , I can’t see me getting exempt but I have booked it anyways to hopefully get a new date when they open again

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
I am in the same boat Nicky, had prepped a GT hoping to get a summer in it.

Booked last week for mid April and nothing has changed online so far.
That’s a shame jay but suppose There is probably a time frame you have to be in say 6 months from date of expiry
Which gt you putting back on the road?

Conor_itr

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo IV
6C97B236-99B2-43DF-88FE-CEDB910B7B95.jpeg
333A35B2-27BA-4878-A76C-99487F046013.jpeg

Jaystar77

RMS Regular
East County Down, Loaded up and Truckin'...
Drives
Starlet GT Turbo
That’s a shame jay but suppose There is probably a time frame you have to be in say 6 months from date of expiry
Which gt you putting back on the road?

Sorta figured it wouldn't get any exemption as the MOT has been lapsed for over a year. Will just have to wait I guess.

Little black quadlamp, watch for it on the roads summer '21 at this rate :laughing:

Bryan

RMS Regular
Surely it would have been better to build wooden platforms in them that are easy to remove once they need to go back to testing again?

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Surely it would have been better to build wooden platforms in them that are easy to remove once they need to go back to testing again?

Probably cleanliness and generally safer. This is bigger than a few quid to re-dig holes

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
just booked an mot for 1st april in ballymena,be interesting to see what happens,the cars been off the road since august 19.

How’d you get on then? Or what’s happening?

Mate of mine has just rebuild his Disco 3 and it’s MOT expires in August and he needs it on the road soon.

Cookie Munster

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo / Forza
Just for information on my circumstances,
MOT expired on the 14th Feb, applied for the test on the 23rd March.
Earliest date available at the Boucher depot that fitted in with my work schedule was the 29th April, so took that. Went online again using the change test date option 5 days later and got one for the 1st April at Mullusk.
They extended my MOT on the 30th March for a full year, got my refund this morning.

Just for information and to give a time scale for mine, but I always just take the first date that fit my schedule at Boucher, give it a few days then keep an eye out for an earlier slot at any centre close to Belfast. Don't know why but this method has always got me a test date within the next couple of days instead of the usual months wait.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
MOT on 911 is up - booked for 7th April. Was a mainland car, so its the first MOT in NI - I've heard nothing and got no extension cert.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
MOT on 911 is up - booked for 7th April. Was a mainland car, so its the first MOT in NI - I've heard nothing and got no extension cert.

Same as my dads f type. It got another year from no where now if check it’s status online.

design1

RMS Regular
There will be no mot tests for a long time i was told thats why now 12 months added automatically