M.O.T 6 month exemptions.

RevT

RMS Regular
Are MOT’s in England not still going ahead as they are garages/essential businesses?

No point me booking one in England that I won’t be attending and them not giving me an exemption.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Was just saying to the wife there if they are extending mot by a year theres going to be some death traps on the road. So many people just drive on to the mot man hands them a fail sheet.

Police need to step up roadside testing for normal cars, and stop targeting specific groups.
They put a years on mine
View attachment 271774

Just booking a local MOT ?

My car will be up in June, but it was bought in England last June, so has an English MOT at present. Be interesting to see if it differs.
Are MOT’s in England not still going ahead as they are garages/essential businesses?

No point me booking one in England that I won’t be attending and them not giving me an exemption.

I've seen some garages report they're still open for testing. But undoubtedly a lot will be going with the lockdown. The 6 month report was initially for English MOT's

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
@kippermoon what was the outcome of the vehicle being out of test for over 6 months? Exemption cert granted?

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
Mine expired on 30th march, booked yesterday....going byt the MOT site, and folks experiences on here, it could mean anything!
its currently reflected as not MOTd on the website.

Risk it for a biscuit or park it up until it changes?

checked today, end of august for me now.

Robin_Hood

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender
My mini was due it’s first NI MOT yesterday, I had a test booked for yesterday also.

Now showing as expired on Gov.uk... will this be updated automatically at some stage?

brendy

RMS Regular
Called the both the DVLNI number on 0345 247 2471 and NI Direct/DVTA 028 9068 1831,both numbers give a covid-19 message but calls end, noone answering at all. Site still showing my MOT as expired.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Have you tried this email: dvabookings@capita.co.uk ?

It says on the site they can't answer emails or phone calls at the minute.

@kippermoon what was the outcome of the vehicle being out of test for over 6 months? Exemption cert granted?

I'm still awaiting any communication regarding the vehicles I have booked. One of which hasn't had an MOT for many years and the other one hasn't been tested since 2018. I booked one of them early last week and I haven't heard a thing about it yet.

Dannymcc

RMS Regular
Booked by Type R a couple of weeks back to drive over the summer and the earliest date I could get was June. My car's MOT ran out mid December and has been SORN'd before that.
Got a cancellation for the 2nd April. Today the online tax/MOT check is now showing it's MOT'd to August...

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX

I'm still awaiting any communication regarding the vehicles I have booked. One of which hasn't had an MOT for many years and the other one hasn't been tested since 2018. I booked one of them early last week and I haven't heard a thing about it yet.
If you hear back will you let us know as mine was last tested 2016 lol

Dave..

RMS Regular

I would still send an email, nothing to lose.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
has anyone got harged twice for their car tax this month?

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Anyone got an exemption sorted for an HGV? None of mine are showing as extended and because you can’t ring anyone, I can’t book any theoretical test dates either.
They're getting 3 month extensions but this is all being done manually with limited staff. People just need to be patient.
Anyone know how I can book a car just in from England? Usually I have to ring the MOT line and get them to add the car on to the database before being able to book online. Issue is the phone line isn’t available now.

Any idea how I can get round this?
Send an email and ask someone to contact you

RevT

RMS Regular
They're getting 3 month extensions but this is all being done manually with limited staff. People just need to be patient.

Send an email and ask someone to contact you

Which email address is best to use?

I’m pretty sure they’re being tortured at the minute and probably won’t even be reading the emails.

Igxom

RMS Regular
Had a test booked today for car that has been without since Dec. Didn't receive any comms about it, obviously didn't attend. Don't really know where that leaves things. Vehicle enquiry shows "no results returned" for the MOT 🤷‍♂️