M.O.T 6 month exemptions.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
i have this issue with my Mini.
MOT now expired, date was booked and now I can’t tax it.

Likewise, with my ZTT. Thankfully I've enough cars that do have a test.

I was beginning to worry with my van - due on the 15th, booked one last week for it (for June sometime) and after a full week of waiting, I've just checked there now and it's finally showing as the 15th July. I don't know how they would expect to be running by then, that's only 2 months away, but glad of it being sorted for now as it's pretty important to be able to carry on working.

Dexter mcf

RMS Regular
Drives
Orion ghia, XR3i
Its hit and miss I've had cars off the road get longer than cars that have been on the road, at this stage it feels I've they are just drawing names out of a hat...

Doing no MOT's til March 2121......big massize place being built on purdise burn but what do i konw

Robert

RMS Trader
MIL’s car due start of May, booked a couple of days of days ago for test in June, now showing due start of September, so four months extension from due date.

Rooneyrocket

RMS Regular
Drives
CRV
Says june but yet i get an mot date for May 13th, wasnt my original booking date either. Which was cancelled, car got the TEC send out 2 weeks back.

Manover50

RMS Regular
Drives
JaguarXFR-S
System doesn't seem to work for people who booked over the counter... No TEC yet for a few mates who had dates booked for last week. System still shows their MOT as expired.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
OP
Shannonsir
Drives
Camaro SS
My M.O.T still showing as expired one week after both booking and getting an appointment within same day. Hoping it's the Easter break slowing things down. Are there any channels of direct communication at this point in time or an active email / online chat anyone is aware of?

Robin_Hood

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender
My mini is still showing as expired.

The test that I had booked has been cancelled and I’ve been given a refund but no extension applied..

Robin_Hood

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender
So..
Not sure if it will affect anyone else but..

Mini showing on the “check vehicle tax” as MOT expired on a cherished number plate..

However if I go to the ”Check MOT history” part of the .GOV website it is now showing the extended MOT on the old number plate.

If I try and tax the car it won’t allow me as the MOT has expired!

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
OP
Shannonsir
Drives
Camaro SS
I'm just driving on at the moment and keeping a copy of the booking with me at all times. It appears to be a lottery as to when / if you'll get an extension which isn't exactly fair for a lot of motorists.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I’ve still had no luck either. My date for one car is next week and today is the last day to change it. Do I just leave it and see what happens?

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
OP
Shannonsir
Drives
Camaro SS
Yeah I would leave it and wait for the DVA to act upon it. I've emailed them via the address on the .gov site but I'm sure nobody will read it

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
Likewise, with my ZTT. Thankfully I've enough cars that do have a test.

I got a 5 month extension/exemption issued on this one now. Got stopped by the police in it yesterday and they didn't ask about it (only wanted to see licence) so police must know the score / comes up on ANPR as MOT'd / don't care.

Another car I tried got a 3 month extension.

The van got a 2 month exemption and I got a certificate sent out that has to be in the van at all times. As far as I can understand, goods vehicles are getting exemptions. Car MOT is an extension. But who knows.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Still waiting on my refund from the DVLA, got the cancellation letter 2 weeks ago. Don’t think I’ll ever see it

RevT

RMS Regular
A car I have which hasn’t been tested since 2018 has just had a 6 months extension put on. It took roughly 24 hours for it to appear as MOT’d though.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I'm still waiting over 2 weeks now and it still says expired April 2018. Which MOT centre did you book?

Avant1

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Got my exemption letter and letter stating the refund is going to happen all within two weeks and showing mot’d now too