M140i

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
With BMW offering the outgoing M140i shadow edition on some good finance deals, does anyone know how cheap you could actually buy a new one outright for?

I have read about forum members heading to main dealers in England and getting huge discounts off list prices.

Anyone know what the best way to go about it would be?

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
His associate posted this yesterday

Screenshot_20190801-124943_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20190801-124950_Instagram.jpg

They also have a section on the babybmw forum with offers etc. TRL @ Berry Heathrow BMW - babybmw.net

zafturbo

RMS Regular
That’s say roughly £19k you pay over the 4 years .surely you could buy one for close to Same money over 5 years ??

Tommy_c

RMS Regular
Drives
mondeo st tdci
There fantastic cars had this one for a week

Attachments

• 6969B01C-4068-407E-B8D1-D61C0C674BF3.png
    6969B01C-4068-407E-B8D1-D61C0C674BF3.png
    739.3 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I test drove one with the M Performance exhaust when I was buying the Golf R. Part of me still regrets not getting the M140i instead.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Used M135is starting at £12k for a miley one is a used bargain. Bound to be a sweet spot in between compared to a long lease/PCP. Have to say I didn't think they could top the N55 in the 135i so well as they have in the B58. Really superb engines. @nigelmcg has a lovely M140i

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Used M135is starting at £12k for a miley one is a used bargain. Bound to be a sweet spot in between compared to a long lease/PCP. Have to say I didn't think they could top the N55 in the 135i so well as they have in the B58. Really superb engines. @nigelmcg has a lovely M140i

M135I is what I really want next year all being well, 14 grand will buy a cracking one too.

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
The other half bought hers shadow edition in January this year. Pre reg mid December with 5 miles on it. £29k

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
The brother went from 135 to 140 and thinks its a far better car. Albeit there was a better note off the 135. He keeps txting me with the only thing in the msg being "4.6", so far to assume they are rapid.

I believe they map very well also.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Any M140i owners on here? What are they like to live with real world, miles to a tank, tyres, servicing, space for family etc

Considering 1 as a daily to replace the Cupra

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Any M140i owners on here? What are they like to live with real world, miles to a tank, tyres, servicing, space for family etc

Looked at one before the cupra but wasn’t a lover. Guy I know has one and said they are brave and thirsty along with loving rear tyres if you like to drive it on.

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
A 140i left me for dead in my 335i the other week heading out Ballynure direction.

Not sure if it was mapped but it flew past me as I redlined in 2nd and changing into 3rd.

I gave up at that point 😂

Dave..

RMS Regular
I had one for a while. Probably 20mpg but I drove it like I stole it. My golf r only did 25mpg. I didn’t buy the BMW for economy.
Suspension was quite hard but I had the adjustable dampers fitted from new.
I found in the cold weather it took the tyres a while to warm up and I nearly binned into a friend’s wall.
Get a long run in one.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3

They are a diet M car so will be thirsty and have some of the M characteristics.

Mate has one approx 360 miles to a tank and they do be quite hard on back tyres due to the torque.

The map very well and one gave my old F82 M4 a hard time.

Andy55

RMS Regular

I’ll have had mine 2 years in February.
Being an ‘m-light’, don’t be expecting M car handling however they can hold their own and be playful when you want them to be.
Out of the box they are fairly nippy. The B58 is a peach, especially when paired with the auto gearbox.
Running costs are fairly reasonable for what they are. Front tyres are common 225/40/18 size with rears slightly wider at 245 and wear depending on your driving style! Servicing costs and tax are fairly standard too.
Currently averaging 30mpg made up of a mix of town, motorway and the odd blast.
Definitely get a drive in one and see what you think.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Great feedback lads, thanks.

Definitely need to get a run in 1 by the sounds of it, just don't like tyre kicking garages if I'm not 100% set on buying but will keep an eye out to see what pops up locally.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Have a run also in a A45/S and RS3 - both competitors for comparison

The A45S gets great reviews and goes like stink, the RS3 sounds amazing and has such tuning potential

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Have a run also in a A45/S and RS3 - both competitors for comparison

They seem to be quite a bit more expensive to begin with but have been looking tentatively at them. Had an A220cdi hatch as a courtesy car a few years ago, albeit for a day only, great handling thing but felt very cramped. 3 kids will be in it regularly, 13/11/3 - so a child seat too

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
They seem to be quite a bit more expensive to begin with but have been looking tentatively at them. Had an A220cdi hatch as a courtesy car a few years ago, albeit for a day only, great handling thing but felt very cramped. 3 kids will be in it regularly, 13/11/3 - so a child seat too

I've two child seats in my S3 - all be it the center seat is now redundant but I can comfortably get them in and they've plenty of space in my S3 hatch (3 door)

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
I've two child seats in my S3 - all be it the center seat is now redundant but I can comfortably get them in and they've plenty of space in my S3 hatch (3 door)

I know your car well, seen it in Enniskillen ripping up the runway :laughing: 👌