M2 owners.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Yea moglie has Lenny’s for sale was gonna say about it.

Mine might also be going shortly , but if you are looking for a dealership purchase that’s prob not much good. Warranty would be the same however as it would be covered by BMW till feb 2021

I expect yours is well looked after, I am looking for a low mileage example and its facilities like setting the finance up myself that would put me off buying privately.

Dave..

RMS Regular
I have bought from non franchised dealers before and it wasn't a great experience, added to the fact that car is actually older, has more mileage and is more expensive than the one being sold by the BMW dealership it seems like a no brainer.
When I bought my M140 from Bavarian they screwed up twice on simple things - that p1ssed me off and when i left it in for a suspected coolant leak (1 week old) they did the opposite to what I asked so even main dealers screw up. My brother bought a grey M2 from Bavarian and so far loves it. He got it at a very good price.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
When I bought my M140 from Bavarian they screwed up twice on simple things - that p1ssed me off and when i left it in for a suspected coolant leak (1 week old) they did the opposite to what I asked so even main dealers screw up. My brother bought a grey M2 from Bavarian and so far loves it. He got it at a very good price.

Yeah, totally agree they can all be bad. My current experience being a prime example with a brand new MB.

I appreciate regardless of where the car is bought it will come with whatever remaining warranty is left, however my experience is that the type of service you receive when going in for repairs etc differs if the car was not bought through them.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Yeah, totally agree they can all be bad. My current experience being a prime example with a brand new MB.

I appreciate regardless of where the car is bought it will come with whatever remaining warranty is left, however my experience is that the type of service you receive when going in for repairs etc differs if the car was not bought through them.
Does your budget stretch to a M2 Competition? JKC have a used one in stock and they are excellent to deal with both for sales and after service.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I can recommend Richard in JKC really nice guy! Sold me my 330
I have always dealt with Ryan Whyte. Wouldn't go anywhere else if/when I go for another BMW. A few warranty issues were sorted out quickly too with no fuss.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
I have always dealt with Ryan Whyte. Wouldn't go anywhere else if/when I go for another BMW. A few warranty issues were sorted out quickly too with no fuss.

I called them today, spoke to a guy called Thomas.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Does your budget stretch to a M2 Competition? JKC have a used one in stock and they are excellent to deal with both for sales and after service.

Unfortunately they seem to be out of budget.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
M2 are a fantastic car wish I had have got one over my my M4 when I had it.

On the topic of dealers, they can all be ****es. I had a real bad experience with one of the dealers here lost a days pay over it as I had to take off work, was waiting for about 4 hours on the car then to be called to be told the warranty work wouldn't be covered. Even though they had the car in the work previous and said yeah thats covered by warranty bring it in next week.

Another one was the car developed a knock coming from the drivers side shock, took it in got it repaired and new track rods fitted. Never bothered aligning the car.