M3 Touring

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just proves that people will buy absolutely anything with the "right" badge on it :innocent:

A half eaten apple, a propeller, a few rings - doesn't matter what they stick it on, people will still buy it.

And we will just get used to it in the end.

That said, some recent efforts by Lexus and Audi, for example, have been right up there too. BMW has just taken it another few levels, lol. The 4 and that estate make even the new 7-series grille look dainty 😅

it_carwasher

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche
Hey all,

After a lot of looking I am going to change the Macan next year, ideally for an estate car or saloon. Do not want to go crazy money, like RS6 or Cross Turismo. Have h new M5 for 2 days, crazy thing - too much power and noise, drama all round.

Had a panamera sport Turismo out also, a bit boring and massive to wash, park, etc.

BMW M3 touring could be the one - has anyone an M3 Comp, I am keen to find out their thoughts.

Simon

MarkM

RMS Regular
Hey all,

After a lot of looking I am going to change the Macan next year, ideally for an estate car or saloon. Do not want to go crazy money, like RS6 or Cross Turismo. Have h new M5 for 2 days, crazy thing - too much power and noise, drama all round.

Had a panamera sport Turismo out also, a bit boring and massive to wash, park, etc.

BMW M3 touring could be the one - has anyone an M3 Comp, I am keen to find out their thoughts.

Simon

No one on here has been brave enough to admit owning the pig so far lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Doesn't matter how good it is, ugliest car ever made. And not just the grille. Makes the Ssang-Yong Rectum look like a work of art :innocent: 😁 🤫

Chris Harris thought it was a bit dull on track. Which probably means it will be exactly what you're looking for - a great real world estate, with a bit of performance but still works beautifully on real roads.

it_carwasher

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche
Yep, thinking that. A new M5 - £25k off and the panamera sport Turismo is £70k, 2 year old and 20k miles.

There seems to be no value these days - everything is mad money - new discovery maybe? But not sure how reliable

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's just random numbers really, hyper inflation. Only thing that matters is what you put in between, or per month. The rest is just random numbers.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Hey all,

Simon

My dads in the same boat. He’s trading in his Macan GTS. He doesn’t need the space anymore so he’s either going for a used 911 or an M4. He's swayed by the BMW so far because of the good service at Bavarian. No one at Porsche Belfast seems to care if he stays with them or not. When he went to Bavarian for a nosey, they gave him 2 demonstrators to chose from for the weekend!

I had a drive in the M4 today and it’s actually really nice to drive. Really quick, steering was great. It got a bit twitchy in sport plus but you always knew what the car was doing. The carbon seats would be a must when it came to the extras. I actually wanted to hate it because I want him to get a 911, but it won me over! The front end is even growing on me. I think the M3 touring will be a great choice! Green with bronze wheels would be my choice.

B7D6DEFC-E30E-4016-B1F4-BA215245CB16.jpeg
3A9DC17D-2EE6-4581-A543-D8E674C0FDFF.jpeg

This is the demonstrator he’s got, obviously only a mad man would go for that colour.

it_carwasher

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche
Ha, we bought a z4 which had that plate AEZ4 - I know a few guys in Bavarian ;) Our 992 is awesome - keeper forever. Macan GTS in demand, but it’s all about timing I think. Need to get M3 xdrive to get proper feel.

Crazy deals on M5 - just far too brash for us
Green or tanzanite for sure. That yellow is dreadful

richie_mck

RMS Regular
I’m looking forward to the m3 touring coming out. I’ve really come round to the front end now and despite everyone’s race to give their opinion on it it’s no doubt going to be a fantastic car

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
My dads in the same boat. He’s trading in his Macan GTS. He doesn’t need the space anymore so he’s either going for a used 911 or an M4. He's swayed by the BMW so far because of the good service at Bavarian. No one at Porsche Belfast seems to care if he stays with them or not. When he went to Bavarian for a nosey, they gave him 2 demonstrators to chose from for the weekend!

I had a drive in the M4 today and it’s actually really nice to drive. Really quick, steering was great. It got a bit twitchy in sport plus but you always knew what the car was doing. The carbon seats would be a must when it came to the extras. I actually wanted to hate it because I want him to get a 911, but it won me over! The front end is even growing on me. I think the M3 touring will be a great choice! Green with bronze wheels would be my choice.

View attachment 333074View attachment 333075

This is the demonstrator he’s got, obviously only a mad man would go for that colour.

Surprised about your experience with Porsche in Belfast, I didn’t even buy my car from them I went to an OPC in Swindon for it. But they have been unbelievably helpful with me the few times I have been in.

Used stock on 911s, Caymans and Boxsters are in extremely short supply at the moment. Anything in a good spec goes within a couple of days, i was told the only thing they can’t shift are diesel cayennes

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
I've shocked myself and think I like it

Prob the wrap is hiding its ugliness a bit

However not going be able to afford one anyway so doesn't matter lol

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Clearly a cut and shut, BMW don't produce one yet. Absolutely love that though (bar the front end), and wouldn't be a BMW fan.

Due for release in 2022 is it not? So testing of some pre=production model would be expected now.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Looks better than the saloon for sure round the back and sides. And a fast estate is always cool :cool:

I guess we will eventually get used to the front, but having seen a few in the wild they're still not pretty, lol.