M4 prices.....

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
@Chris100 if i could say 3 options that i wouldn’t have an M4 without it would be full leather (biggest diff any option will make), surround view and HUD.

No idea about servicing costs as mine had a 5 year service pack.

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
@Nigelo @MarkM

So I was down looking at some M4s in Bavarian today, are there any options that are really worth the extra money?

If I do go for one I would really like an exhaust like either of yours and some carbon bits, any advice on where is best to get these from? I would doubt that direct from BMW is the best way to go cost wise.

Also, can you give me an idea of servicing costs? I'm not even sure if the service pack is still a thing with BMW, servicing costs is probably what is concerning me the most.

Cheers,
Chris

Cotswold BMW and Country Garage will be the cheapest for M performance bits. Exhaust is best bought used, they’re £3k new lol Love mine but not worth that! Mine cost me £1170 including repair to the titanium as it was cracked, they usually go for £1800+ used

service pack has changed (5 to 3 years) and it’s now not worth it. Smaller services are pretty cheap but every two years after the first service, the major is due, plugs etc.... BMW quote nearly a grand for this, I booked mine yesterday with Country Garage and they discounted it to £750, still a lot of money but all services as an average in the almost two years I’ve had it would come to about £500/year. Insurance is cheap (£430 for me) and tax depends on year, before April 17 it’s £300 and after it’s >£500 lol Glad mine’s the cheaper one!!

individual colour will help resale

I really wouldn’t get bogged down with options, buy on condition and price imo, Comp pack is my choice but all are fantastic and the prices reflect the difference between the two even now. I’d be looking at a CS if doing it again! If buying used it would be Nice to have one already dripping in carbon lol

Surround view, full leather and hud are important to the cutters forum, really not to me, I find hud intrusive and never look at it, reversing camera I wouldn’t be without though.

I still absolutely love mine to bits and there’s nothing out there that has turned my head, you’re very welcome to come and have a good nosey and listen of mine if it helps.

Last edited:

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Cheers @MarkM

I'm looking at brand new ones, so I would expect the condition to be perfect 😀

They have a few and price varies based on the spec, which is why I asked about the options. I do have to admit I'm a sucker for tech so anything related to that is likely to be hard to resist for me.

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
Nearly a grand for a two year service at BMW :eek: I paid £670 at Porsche for my 2 year service and thought that was steep, don’t feel as bad now haha.

I find HUD was amazing for driving it on the limit and think surround view is the option I miss the most of anything.

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Cheers @MarkM

I'm looking at brand new ones, so I would expect the condition to be perfect 😀

They have a few and price varies based on the spec, which is why I asked about the options. I do have to admit I'm a sucker for tech so anything related to that is likely to be hard to resist for me.

What’s the main differences in spec in the ones you’re looking at?
Full leather (dash) is about the only thing I wish mine had but it wasn’t a deal breaker :grinning:
I think the exclusive pack is every option

Nearly a grand for a two year service at BMW :eek: I paid £670 at Porsche for my 2 year service and thought that was steep, don’t feel as bad now haha.

I find HUD was amazing for driving it on the limit and think surround view is the option I miss the most of anything.

Yeah the plug service is dismantle half the bloody engine to do, 6 hrs!!! £750 was as good as I was getting it lol

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
What’s the main differences in spec in the ones you’re looking at?
Full leather (dash) is about the only thing I wish mine had but it wasn’t a deal breaker :grinning:

That option seems to only available as part of a package, not a stand alone option.

Something called the ultimate package.

I'm talking to the sales guy on Monday again, it all really depends on what they will give me for my TCR.

I really liked the HUD on my AMG, I really miss it so i would definitely be interested in that.

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
That option seems to only available as part of a package, not a stand alone option.

Something called the ultimate package.

I'm talking to the sales guy on Monday again, it all really depends on what they will give me for my TCR.

I really liked the HUD on my AMG, I really miss it so i would definitely be interested in that.

Ah Ultimate package is what @Nigelo has which is all options afaik!

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Ah Ultimate package is what @Nigelo has which is all options afaik!

I didn't even get round to discussing what colours they have, the only colour that would be a no is black, I would be willing to look at any other colours as I'm more interested in the overall spec.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Haha, beaten to it.

I'd say im probably with @riano on the options. I remember there was a whole rash of SMB cars sold when I got mine, and not many had the full leather so it made me feel a little better, lol.

I have all the options, but never use the safety options or the park assist. I love the HUD, and surround view.

I suppose it comes down to how you want the car to look - standard carbon, or CS carbon parts, or one of the more aggressive carbon options to individualise the car more.

BMW height adjustable suspension kit...... 😎

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
I didn't even get round to discussing what colours they have, the only colour that would be a no is black, I would be willing to look at any other colours as I'm more interested in the overall spec.

Laguna seca blue heritage edition still in the showroom? :heart_eyes:
Try Country Garage, better people there imo and a bonus of not being Agnews, they just couldn’t find me a white M4 when I wanted one

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Laguna seca blue heritage edition still in the showroom? :heart_eyes:
Try Country Garage, better people there imo and a bonus of not being Agnews, they just couldn’t find me a white M4 when I wanted one

Bavarian have a imola red heritage edition in the showroom but its about £80k I think.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
I'd be trying to get a colour out if the usual perhaps - one of the reds, or velvet blue, or there was a lovely silver-grey car sold recently.

bmw-m4-edition-m-heritage-stage.jpg.asset.1567436971094.jpg

Stratus Grey
FB_IMG_1593884049022.jpg

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Bavarian have a imola red heritage edition in the showroom but its about £80k I think.

Yeah not worth the money for what it a comp with stripes and a badge, lovely though! LSB was there about 2 weeks ago, someone must have bought it

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Red M4s must be very rare. I’d definitely be going individual if I was buying new

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I'd be trying to get a colour out if the usual perhaps - one of the reds, or velvet blue, or there was a lovely silver-grey car sold recently.

bmw-m4-edition-m-heritage-stage.jpg.asset.1567436971094.jpg

Stratus Grey
View attachment 286002

I really like the grey exterior and red interior combo, to be honest the black leather is my least favourite but also seems to be the most common.

They have a nice used mineral grey one, but the deals on new ones are better value.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Red M4s must be very rare. I’d definitely be going individual if I was buying new

I nearly bought a Ferrari red M3...... Was beaut looking.
I really like the grey exterior and red interior combo, to be honest the black leather is my least favourite but also seems to be the most common.

They have a nice used mineral grey one, but the deals on new ones are better value.

I have silverstone leather - not hard to keep clean, but very hard to avoid dye transfer and I reckon it will scuff quite easily as it is very soft. Would be tempted by cohiba or one of the dark brown options next time maybe.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I nearly bought a Ferrari red M3...... Was beaut looking.

Yours is a stunning colour, but I think it would break my heart trying to keep it clean and I am someone who would wash my car twice a week.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Yours is a stunning colour, but I think it would break my heart trying to keep it clean and I am someone who would wash my car twice a week.

I've just had to repair some stone chips and it's getting front end ppf done on Tuesday. I went for a top end ceramic, but next time (hahahaha!) I'll go PPF straight away and a cheaper ceramic option.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I've just had to repair some stone chips and it's getting front end ppf done on Tuesday. I went for a top end ceramic, but next time (hahahaha!) I'll go PPF straight away and a cheaper ceramic option.

Who is doing the PPF for you?, I had just some of the piano black trim done on mine and I wasn‘t that impressed with the job they did, I certainly wouldn’t let them at large parts of my car.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Who is doing the PPF for you?, I had just some of the piano black trim done on mine and I wasn‘t that impressed with the job they did, I certainly wouldn’t let them at large parts of my car.

:eek:

Have been speaking to the Complete Car Care Company in Lisburn..... Please tell me it wasn't them... 🙉🙊🙈:joy:

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
:eek:

Have been speaking to the Complete Car Care Company in Lisburn..... Please tell me it wasn't them... 🙉🙊🙈:joy:

It was Autoskins NI, I wouldn't recommend them. Good to know there is someone here that know what they are doing as I would definitely get PPF if it was being applied properly.

I have had a ceramic coating on my last 3 cars, but I agree with you that PPF is probably the way to go.

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
It was Autoskins NI, I wouldn't recommend them. Good to know there is someone here that know what they are doing as I would definitely get PPF if it was being applied properly.

I have had a ceramic coating on my last 3 cars, but I agree with you that PPF is probably the way to go.

Definitely, ceramic coating isn’t for me, had ppf on cars since 2006 when it wasn’t the quality it is now, self healing optically clear and hard to even see it’s there, bonnet done, wings aren’t......

D60F8093-1907-4BA9-B541-62B5AEDD9D7A.jpeg