M4 prices.....

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
I actually went and drove that today after the Bavarian disaster, going to let him know tomorrow as it's missing a few options I would like, just thinking it over as to whether I can do without them.

Tried looking on google regarding the station logo's but just kept on finding people saying they had the problem but no solution.

Anything to do with Agnews will be a disaster, I had a poor experience when I started looking too,you’re in good hands with Country Garage imo I’ve not been able to fault them so far, and that’s rare coming from me lol

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Anything to do with Agnews will be a disaster, I had a poor experience when I started looking too,you’re in good hands with Country Garage imo I’ve not been able to fault them so far, and that’s rare coming from me lol
Likewise....JKC were also excellent when I dealt with them.

Bavarian couldn't even be bothered to send me a video of a car I was interested in...they just sent one they done for someone else with their name etc.

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Likewise....JKC were also excellent when I dealt with them.

Bavarian couldn't even be bothered to send me a video of a car I was interested in...they just sent one they done for someone else with their name etc.

Only because they had my perfect car and Chris Burns put me onto a good guy in there and had a word did I stick with it, they’re just shoddy, mine was never going back near them for service lol

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Only because they had my perfect car and Chris Burns put me onto a good guy in there and had a word did I stick with it, they’re just shoddy, mine was never going back near them for service lol
His is my ultimate M3!

davyk31

RMS Regular
JKC will always start high but bend quickly as they want business. They should be able to beat Bavarian ok if they have a car available.

Was it their finance rate or their discount level that was off? Finance rate should be the same as others and discount is there to be extracted.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
JKC will always start high but bend quickly as they want business. They should be able to beat Bavarian ok if they have a car available.

Was it their finance rate or their discount level that was off? Finance rate should be the same as others and discount is there to be extracted.

Similar monthly payments, but double the deposit. I made it clear I was ready to buy one with the right spec, but they did seem to want or be able to match the deal, country garage were, so JKC must have people willing to pay more for them.

J55NI

RMS Regular
So, bit of an epic today at Bavarian today and the last time I will ever set foot in the place.

I arrived as arranged just before 1:30pm, sales bloke comes over and tells me the person who was booked in before me had bought the M2 comp. At no point during my conversation the previous day had they told me that someone was coming in that morning to view it, and they did know this as all viewings are strictly by prior appointment.

The sales manager couldn't have cared less in my opinion, I had moved a lot of meetings about to get the afternoon so I was pretty unimpressed that they had wasted my day.

So fast forward 20 minutes and he said "you were also interested in an M4 comp, we have one of those left, I'll do you a great deal on it if you're interested".

So I took it out for a test drive, to be honest I didn't like it at all, felt very heavy and not at all agile. So I left with "we will give you a call if we get another in", don't bother thanks.

A previous viewer purchased before you so they didn't really do anything wrong? Think of the amount of folk who make appointments to purchase cars who don't even turn up let alone waste time and kick the tyres off it.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Yeah I really don't see the issue here - someone was booked in before you to look at the car you wanted to look at, and they bought it? They were hardly going to tell that person "no, you can't buy this car you want to buy, there's another lad coming later who might buy it"

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
A previous viewer purchased before you so they didn't really do anything wrong? Think of the amount of folk who make appointments to purchase cars who don't even turn up let alone waste time and kick the tyres off it.

I know that could happen, I outlined in my post why I had an issue with how they dealt with things, I'm not going to retype all of that again.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Yeah I really don't see the issue here - someone was booked in before you to look at the car you wanted to look at, and they bought it? They were hardly going to tell that person "no, you can't buy this car you want to buy, there's another lad coming later who might buy it"

I understand someone could have bought it before me, as I explained in my original post they were not transparent with me. They said no one else had expressed an interest in the car, no one had booked in before me to view the car.

When I actually arrived yesterday, this changed into 7 people have been interested in the car, and the person who bought it had been known to be booked in when they spoke to me.

If they had told me that I would have been able to book an earlier appointment, or accept that it may be sold before I got there. I wasn't expecting them to not sell the car before I seen it, I was however expecting them to be honest with me, their excuse for not doing this was that I would have thought it was sales speak trying to force me into a decision on the phone.

J55NI

RMS Regular
I understand someone could have bought it before me, as I explained in my original post they were not transparent with me. They said no one else had expressed an interest in the car, no one had booked in before me to view the car.

When I actually arrived yesterday, this changed into 7 people have been interested in the car, and the person who bought it had been known to be booked in when they spoke to me.

If they had told me that I would have been able to book an earlier appointment, or accept that it may be sold before I got there. I wasn't expecting them to not sell the car before I seen it, I was however expecting them to be honest with me, their excuse for not doing this was that I would have thought it was sales speak trying to force me into a decision on the phone.

Yea they didn't tell you someone else was coming to view it? Why should they? If they told you and you booked an earlier appointment then they go round in circles when they notify the other interested party and he books an earlier appointment, Where does it stop?

Until someone actually steps foot in the dealership they could be a no show or the customer might not want it anyways. It's a big place which i am sure handles hundreds of enquiries a day maybe the other 6 people enquired after you made the appointment who knows.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
That's the nature of the bussines, I had to deal with many a man saying, listen hear that? That's my door closing I'm on the way to you now.Never to show. It grinds you down to the point were people can't be bothered helping in anyway. But if you keep at it the business you can gain from it comes back in spades and I've proved it time and time again.

Last edited:

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
In my experience with car dealers it’s been the opposite, usually saying there’s x amount of people on interested in this car etc.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS

To be honest I had a crap experience with Bavarian which has put me off them as well, so I feel your pain kinda. At the end of the day, they've sold the car, they're happy. They couldn't care less about who it goes to.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Yea they didn't tell you someone else was coming to view it? Why should they? If they told you and you booked an earlier appointment then they go round in circles when they notify the other interested party and he books an earlier appointment, Where does it stop?

Until someone actually steps foot in the dealership they could be a no show or the customer might not want it anyways. It's a big place which i am sure handles hundreds of enquiries a day maybe the other 6 people enquired after you made the appointment who knows.

We are not going to agree here, I had bought 3 brand new cars from them before so they had no reason to think I was wasting their time.

You have your opinion and I have mine.

I certainly won't be buying a fourth car of them, and its how they dealt with it when I got there that annoyed me, the sales person would tell me one thing then the sales manager would tell me something else.

J55NI

RMS Regular
We are not going to agree here, I had bought 3 brand new cars from them before so they had no reason to think I was wasting their time.

You have your opinion and I have mine.

I certainly won't be buying a fourth car of them, and its how they dealt with it when I got there that annoyed me, the sales person would tell me one thing then the sales manager would tell me something else.

We are all just numbers unfortunately and the first number to produce the money wins. If it just sold before your appointment then that's just unlucky its happened many of us.

Maybe the sales manager was aware of the other interested parties that the sales person wasn't,. The other interest could have been expressed after you spoke with them, Who knows.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
We are all just numbers unfortunately and the first number to produce the money wins. If it just sold before your appointment then that's just unlucky its happened many of us.

Maybe the sales manager was aware of the other interested parties that the sales person wasn't,. The other interest could have been expressed after you spoke with them, Who knows.

I'm past it now, and I certainly won't bother them with my business again.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Was it same sales guy sold the car to the other person who you where dealing with?

If it wasn’t then remember sales guys are directly competing for sales. Often if I had someone on a limited car, I wouldn’t be telling other sales guys id an appointment on it as sure enough they’d be ringing round every lead trying to sell it first.
When it’s a rare or limited number car it’s very tough.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Was it same sales guy sold the car to the other person who you where dealing with?

If it wasn’t then remember sales guys are directly competing for sales. Often if I had someone on a limited car, I wouldn’t be telling other sales guys id an appointment on it as sure enough they’d be ringing round every lead trying to sell it first.
When it’s a rare or limited number car it’s very tough.
You were one of the good ones David. I always found Mini to be very fair.
When my father bought his JCW Gary was off and we dealt with Aaron and he got the sale.