"MALIN TO MIZEN FOR MY MATE"

56oval

RMS Regular
Thats right folks, im off to Malin head the farthest northerly point in Ireland. Then im heading to Mizen Head. The most Southerly point in Ireland.

Why?

One of my best friends has breast cancer, she was diagnosed in July, its now November and the cancer has spread, she now has secondary breast cancer and it has spread to her adrenal gland.

She has an extremely tough road ahead, she has to close her shop, has to move out of her rented property and find new accomodation , which, where she lives in Cornwall is extortionate as all rental properties are now "staycation" properties.

coupled with medical costs, consultancy fees, medication and having to find a new home for herself and her daughter, costs will be astronomical.

So all that being said, im doing a fundraiser, Malin to Mizen. In the Bug.

Ive had to reactivate my facebook account to get this up and running, please join the group, here, Aanmelden of registreren om te bekijken

Im setting up a gofundme page which i will share soon, iv'e said all the tough stuff, now its time to do an epic, fun roadtrip for one of my lifetime best friends. I hope you can all join me in watching my progress as i go tip to toe across Ireland in an old sh@t box.

Thanks as ever.

Ben
MALIN.jpg
ME N TAN.jpg

MIZEN.jpg

bug rms.jpg

Last edited:

seven rod

RMS Regular
Drives
MCSD Coupe
I did Mizen to Malin in 2007 with all the Minis, and it was an amazing experience. Dying to do it again.

I will most definitely be following your road trip, and wish you all the best with it.

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
I did Mizen to Malin in 2007 with all the Minis, and it was an amazing experience. Dying to do it again.

I will most definitely be following your road trip, and wish you all the best with it.
How long did it take you? Im allowing 4 days.

seven rod

RMS Regular
Drives
MCSD Coupe
How long did it take you? Im allowing 4 days.
We did three overnights, and that allowed for plenty of stops, even more scenic scenic routes, a stop at father teds house, back to the hotels for around 4pm, dinner and drinks. We even had a slight delay when one of the minis (a convertible) ended up upside down in a ditch.

So four days will be plenty 😂

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Thanks so much for all the support folks. Im blown away by peoples generousity 🤗.

Just 24 hrs in and wev'e raised over £2000 . Unbelievable.

Ok so things have changed a bit.

The weather is set to roll in this coming weekend and turn for the worse .

With that in mind, im in the garage, doing valve clearances, major service and nut n bolt check.

Ive rang my clients, cleared my desk and it looks like all being well, im heading for Malin tomorrow.

Thanks again to everyone for their support..

Ben.

IMG_20211121_203331.jpg

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Haven't got Facebook to share your efforts, but donated there on the gofundme, good luck, and I hope your mate puts up a good fight 👍🏻

The beetle will handle the trip better than you! 😂
Thank you so much mate, honestly it means so much, big thanks to the rmsers who have been so generous to someone they do not know 🤗.

Im knackered, cant sleep and yep the bug will probably fair a whole pile better than me 🤣

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Money sent and I have to commend you for doing this Ben.

Best of luck with it and I truly hope your friend pulls through!

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Thats me home. Left at 11am Monday and got home at 1 am this morning

An extremely emotional, exhausting yet amazing trip.

Ill do a full write up when ive had time to recover.

Yesterday was the hardest day, some 402 miles covered.

I cannot thank RMS and its members enough. We smashed the target and raised over £5500.

Tan is living with a terminal illness, there is no cure. The money raised will make her life far easier and she is blown away and forever grateful for the kindness, love and generosity from people whom she has never met. A true reflection of how amazing the car community is.

Thank you everyone, the donations,, the messages of support, you are an amazing bunch

i am eternally grateful for what you have all helped achieve.🤗.

once ive had some rest, ill write up about these past few days.

thanks again ☺️

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
What a great thing you've done and achieved you should be well proud of yourself. My girlfriend has battled breast cancer and overcome it,and have just read your story to her and about your friend and now runs a group called breastfriends and says if your friend wants to talk or chat about her diagnosis or anything at all I'll pm you the link.