Manual and Automatical car

cata_bv

Drives
car
Hi there

i have a question and im puzzled about it.. I used to own a Driving Licence for 8 years, i passed the test on a Manual car, then i been descualifayed, and had to do the test all over again... so, i passed the theoretical test and now im going for a practical test tomorrow, this time my wife owns an Automatical car and i have choose to go and do the test in it...
My question is, if i pass the test tomorrow which will be in a Automatical car am i allowed to drive a manual as well? because i use to drove a manual for 8 years.. the first time when i passed the test was a manual one..

Cheers

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Assuming it’s in NI, then no, you will only be allowed to drive automatics.

cata_bv

OP
cata_bv
Drives
car
yeap is in NI, and thanks for your reply... are you 100% sure ab that? i have contacted DVA no one from there could give me an streight answer, put me to wait for 5 days and told me somebody will contact me and let me know .. they never did.. it pass 6 days now

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I’d plan that it does and you’ll only be allowed to drive autos. So either drive automatics forever or get the hold of a manual car for the test.

eamon343

RMS Regular
Do you have to say what kind of test you want when booking it or does it not matter when booking? I assumed you would have to say and they would be expecting you to turn up with a manual or an auto?

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Do you have to say what kind of test you want when booking it or does it not matter when booking? I assumed you would have to say and they would be expecting you to turn up with a manual or an auto?
Nope, just book a motor car ( B ) test. Don’t have to specify if manual or auto. But pass in a manual = drive both. Pass in auto = auto only

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Contact a driving instructor and book in their car for the test - just explain your situation and should be handy enough to get a manual for the test