Vw Nut001

RMS Regular
Drives
biTDI C7 A6

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
No mention of price comparison I notice. From a quick Googleization, it seems HVO is typically 10% more expensive than diesel, but supposedly HVO is more efficient than standard diseasel.

With respect to the skepticism, Maxol themselves are running some of their vehicles.on it and is used in some sections of the world, so i wouldn't say it's pure rubbish. Obvs We've to see.it on a bigger scale country wide, but sounds reasonable on paper.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
I remember Tesco went bia diesel for a while around 20 years ago, DCi Renaults didn't like it. And it was the colour of pi55

GrantR

RMS Regular
No mention of price comparison I notice. From a quick Googleization, it seems HVO is typically 10% more expensive than diesel, but supposedly HVO is more efficient than standard diseasel.

With respect to the skepticism, Maxol themselves are running some of their vehicles.on it and is used in some sections of the world, so i wouldn't say it's pure rubbish. Obvs We've to see.it on a bigger scale country wide, but sounds reasonable on paper.

Read a few articles, they suggested no efficiency saving, just improvement in carbon footprint. Given cost of living crisis lead balloon comes to mind.

I'm more interested in bringing back E85 at the pumps 😅

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
e60 320d
E85 would be nice

My local Nicholl station has HVO a few months now but no price advertised.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
I think it’s over £2 a litre last I seen it in ballymena .was maybe 6 -8 weeks ago so maybe has come back a bit in price .
At that sorta £££ who is gonna use it apart from the usual tree huggers?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Wouldn’t touch it with anything this side of 1998 with a barge pole. And even then it would need to be cheap.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Problem is that most diesel vehicles here aren’t maintained or driven properly, and will give issues regardless of what fuel is used, but if someone puts so much as a fiver of bio diesel into their car then they will most certainly blame the fuel…

Also, if ‘vehicle excise duty’ is calculated on emissions now, will you get a 90% rebate/discount for using it if your emissions have been reduce by as much?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I remember Tesco went bia diesel for a while around 20 years ago, DCi Renaults didn't like it. And it was the colour of pi55

The aul lad used to run the lorries, diggers and cars about the house on bio diesel back then as it was almost as cheap as red diesel, and it was handy got from the old filling station in Saintfield that’s long since closed…

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
The aul lad used to run the lorries, diggers and cars about the house on bio diesel back then as it was almost as cheap as red diesel, and it was handy got from the old filling station in Saintfield that’s long since closed…
Aye, old diesels, and almost anything not French ran fine on it lol

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
First I'd heard of it is for a cruiser I'm renting on the Erne/Shannon in July and HVO seems to be the fuel they use. Probably grand for an old slow chugging diesel.
Then saw it advertised on a GO truck yesterday as home heating oil. Not sure if that's the same thing as the road-going version.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
One of my customers uses it in all their forklifts but its about £2/litre.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
One of my customers uses it in all their forklifts but its about £2/litre.

Aye but is that to reduce the business' carbon footprint? I can see it being used a lot more of the likes a big businesses who are aiming for carbon neutral by X date/year

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Pretty sure the Go in Banbridge sells it. They only display the price of regular diesel and petrol though - all the special stuff is only priced once you lift the nozzle.