Mazda 323 TURBO 4WD

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
did this for a friend to spruce this old car up. He tells me its a 1990 or 1989 car and to be honest the paint certainly proves its age! it was in terrible condition alright, probably the worst ive seen yet.

its a 1.8 turbo 4 wheel drive mazda 323, i didnt even know they made these! the owner tells me it was rr'd at 236 bhp at 10psi boost but can be turned up to 13 psi for everyday driving via the onboard turbo controller, impressive stuff methinks!:cool:

anyway, on with the pics. paintwork was in a terrible state all over the car and very matt feeling to the touch, almost making a noise when you slid your fingers across it!

i wont bother stating what i used and apologies for the crap pictures, all had to be taken with my phone as my camera is AWOL at the minute! :oops: dont do it justice as to how bad it was and how good it is now!

myself and the owner were both very happy with the outcome considering the state the paint was in when the car arrived and how thin it is! i was aiming for as high a correction as possible but with thepaint being so thin and in such bad condition i had to settle for about an 85-90% correction which isnt to bad i guess.

only one i have of the whole car!

spacker1au7.jpg

spacker2ay6.jpg

spacker3gf9.jpg

spacker4wv3.jpg

above passenger door before

spacker5pg9.jpg

above passenger door after

spacker7yd7.jpg

boot before

spacker8os4.jpg

spacker10uf4.jpg

boot after

spacker11db3.jpg

spacker12ku3.jpg

bonnet before

spacker14qt1.jpg

bonnet after

spacker18am3.jpg

spacker15io0.jpg

quick attempt at a 50/50 lol!

spacker16bw6.jpg

side reflection shot
spacker19sz9.jpg

engine shot just to show the 1.8 and turbo :cool:

spacker13aj3.jpg

spacker20se1.jpg

np4uk

RMS Regular
Drives
Hyundai Coupe
Some transformation! Great work there, and going by the stats, quite a car aswel!!

Ruth

RMS Regular
As i said on msn the other night Pete, vast improvement, wise choice not to push the paint any further for the sake of a few scratches. Nice work! I'm sure your friend was chuffed?

-Pete-

RMS Regular
OP
-Pete-
oh yeh he was very pleased with it as was i! just a real shame i didnt have my camera, it came up so well! the pics dont do it any justice at all :worried:

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
thanks pete for doing a great job! it certainly did look the part, pity i had to drive it home in the rain!
well pleased with the results! heres a pic i took when i got home!

i8558.jpg

-Pete-

RMS Regular
OP
-Pete-
cheers for the comments :grinning:

car looks great in a proper pic there chris!

Resintooth

RMS Regular
Drives
AP1 S2000
Excellent job Pete. Mine is stinking at the minute. You'd be disgusted if you saw it lol. :oops:

Minikid

RMS Regular
Drives
Choopay
Clinty, new wagon is looking well, noticed it the other day there seeing as its only round the corner!!

And Pete, great job again.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
lovely cars and very rare... u'd suprise a few folks no doubt lol thats what i always loved bout the cav turbo :grinning:

good job on the correction/detail/valet/wash :p deffo a great job black always looks the part when its done rite :grinning:

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
cheers mook! its great craic!

got a few more pics taken at the weekend!

i8581.jpg

i8582.jpg

butler

that car is so nice i nearly bought it i rang chris as he had just sold it great buy it smoked my mates ep3 type r civic

stubbsy

RMS Regular
Drives
old skool pre 96
ya fancy givin the civic a once over wif some g3:p :p :p VERY underated motor them 323,s go like pooh off a shovel.(bit like the charade gtti)fella in ards used to have a white 323t,think he used to work for roy jamison up in the quarry,mazda bits/bmw

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
that wee cars in county sligo! amazing wee cars luv'd every minute of owning it but wild hard on petrol if you have a heavy right foot!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.