Mazda MX5 NB Mk2.5 Sport

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
OP
Johnny_E
You only pay the £80 once to put a numberplate onto retention.
It is then free to transfer it onto a car. You don't pay another £80 !!

Dock his pocketmoney !!!

Cheers
Oh happy days... that's not so bad then. I'll let him away with it this time :joy:

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
OP
Johnny_E
I'm sure the buyer that left the deposit is gutted.
I got back to him before it was transferred over... so no harm done thankfully. I had 3 sets of people wanting to come see the car. Seems that rust free and well sorted Mk2/2.5s don't come up that much.

This one's good for comedy value:

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
OP
Johnny_E
Spotted a 38k mile SVT Sport breaking on one of the local FB groups and pounced on the seats!! Absolutely like new and 100% working heaters. My retrimmed 2 tones are lovely looking, but I always intended to get an OE set back in ASAP. The current seats are immaculate, bar the heaters working, and will go up for sale as soon as I get these swopped in.

Ordered a set of Jass Performance seat bolster supports - to give the seat bolsters a bit more grip without having to resort to bucket seats.

Our old trusty family B Class was made for this job!!!

51520899263_adb9a99b9a_k.jpg

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
OP
Johnny_E
Got my new seats fitted this weekend - with a set of Jass Performance bolster supports on the base. These bolt between the seat and the frame, so you've a bit of extra work and its a bit fiddly to get the front bolt out but I got there with a 13mm rung spanner. A ratchet ring spanner would have been the job for sure here...

Here's the Jass bracket. Available in black powder or polished, I went for black so it doesn't stand out when fitted.

51573714921_078406f627_k.jpg

Here it is, bolted in-between seat and frame.

51573715001_86a73544cb_k.jpg

Took a few minutes to clean the seats up before fitting. They came from a car with 38k on it and are in lovely condition.

51574398409_6caeb37408_k.jpg

A good time to get the carpets vacuumed out.

51574639550_aabb9aa6d2_k.jpg

... and finally, here we go. Have to say, the brackets look OE in finish and they add a surprising amount of side support. You really do feel it. Took the car for a good run and its great to have the heated seats back!

51573954963_3c0089db76_k.jpg

Other work/upgrades this month are:
  • New idle control valve to sort an erratic idle issue that crept in
  • Fitted HEL braided brake hoses front and back
  • Millers brake fluid (one of their performance ones)
  • EBC Green stuff pads to the font - that's Green Stuff on the whole car now.

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
OP
Johnny_E
Decided to try and re dye the inside of my hood - like many MX5s, its sun bleached and looks awful as a result.

Here's a quick pic - on the right you can see the yellowish tones of the hood. Over on the left, I've done a section and its come up like new!! Delighted. Using Renovo hood restorer and a bit of sponge to dab/rub the dye in. Very easy to do with great results.

This was just a test section, so I'll get the whole of the inside done over the next couple of nights.

51588040153_8d00ab2d8e_k.jpg

Last edited: